• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

do you like Brawl more than Melee? just a quick opinion Check

Do you like Brawl more than Melee so far?

• Yes, Brawl > Melee

Votes: 348 72.2%
  • No, Melee > Brawl

Votes: 66 13.7%
  • Maybe, I've yet to decide

Votes: 68 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
Brawl>>Melee>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>64

OMFGZ! I love Brawl! a bit more than I did Melee. But I liked 64 for a VERY short while, I mean 12 characters, 8 stages... come on! plus there was no adventure no all star no event

all in all Brawl=10 Melee=8 64=2

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
Looking over the posts in this thread, it almost strikes me as odd that I prefer Brawl over Melee.

I am a competitive melee player who uses and loves all the melee ATs, but actually prefer Brawl. Am I the only one like this or are their other competitive melee players who prefer Brawl as well?

It seems like the majority of Brawl fans in this thread are casuals who are happy to see the advanced techs disappear?

twdfx

Smash Cadet
No contest. Due to the huge steps down in gameplay, excitement and pace, melee >>> brawl.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Competitively - Melee
Casually - Brawl
Overall - Brawl

I like Brawl's stages, items and music more than Melee's and Brawl just has better content.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
I love Brawl, I loved Melee, I want to throttle every person who superficially bash/d-ride Brawl on this board.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Brawl ftw!!

Melee seems so....dated now.... I'm never going back to it.

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
brawl is horrible, and i don't even mean when comparing it to melee. i mean it's horrible, period. only you ignorant newcomers (parasites, roaches) who joined in 07-08 and the occasional scrub who joined years ago but never developed any kind of skill, could possibly entertain the absurd notion that brawl is anywhere near melee in any aspect.

melee for life.

fallore

Smash Rookie
brawl is horrible, and i don't even mean when comparing it to melee. i mean it's horrible, period. only you ignorant newcomers (parasites, roaches) who joined in 07-08 and the occasional scrub who joined years ago but never developed any kind of skill, could possibly entertain the absurd notion that brawl is anywhere near melee in any aspect.

melee for life.
i smell an elitist

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
you're **** right i am. you know what i smell? i smell the overwhelming, pungent odor from all you clueless nubs. i'll 4-stock all of you in melee.
Go do that. We'll be doing much more meaningful things than playing with some idiot whose probably still living in 2004 when the whole "noob" vs. "pro" debate still meant anything.

Anyway...

Brawl. Balance wise. I still consider melee imba-- but that doesn't mean I don't like it. It's kind of like the Street fighter series for me, where I'd play III consistently, and go back to II from time to time... but still love both.

EDIT: 2:02AM And I can see he's gonna reply soon. And it's going to be long too. I hope this time he learns to use that shift key on his keyboard and capitalize things.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
Where's Yuna? This thread needs more whine to go with its cheese!

BRAWL > MELEE

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Where's Yuna? This thread needs more whine to go with its cheese!

BRAWL > MELEE
I Lol'd hard at this.

to the sincity ***, I've placed 13 in japan twice, and am still talking to some of the players there, if they can like brawl, so can anyone. and don't call people who can 4 stock you out of sleep noobs, it's impolite :embarrass

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I'm loving Brawl so far...in Melee I could only use Marth and I sucked with him XD In Brawl there are more characters who fit my playstyle of combining speed and power that I enjoy playing, such as Ike and Snake.

...Well, Ike's not exactly speedy, and neither is Snake, but they fit my style moreso than Ganondorf or Bowser XD

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
I"ve noticed the complete opposite. And i've had brawl for 3 weeks prior to the US release, and nearly beat azen I got him to r3 and hes considered one of brawl's best right now so I don't suck. I find myself thinking less, cause theres less options to consider, less mind games, and its just boring. To each his own i guess.
I try not to read or post much on SWF b/c of all the dumb Brawl threads, but do check the site from time to time & I fully agree with the bolded/underlined. Brawl seems a lot more like a button masher than SSBM (which wasn't a button masher when played competitively).

I do like Brawl (after playing for a good month or so now) but I like SSBM more (it's not close either), since it seemed more competitive (of course, no one knows how competitive Brawl will get).

On a side note, I wonder what the poll would look like if it were only for people who played SSBM competitively (with a min requirement of tourneys attended, such as > 5 or maybe > 10 tourneys)...

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I still like Melee better then Brawl at the moment. It might change in the future if new things are discovered, but there are too many little things that piss me off about Brawl as a competitive game right now. I do have fun playing it though, so it's not like I hate brawl or anything, I just don't think it's going to be as great as Melee is.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
you're **** right i am. you know what i smell? i smell the overwhelming, pungent odor from all you clueless nubs. i'll 4-stock all of you in melee.
Thanks. I'm sure the entire competative community appreciates you generating negative stereotypes about tournament players. Way to go. :)

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
brawl is horrible, and i don't even mean when comparing it to melee. i mean it's horrible, period. only you ignorant newcomers (parasites, roaches) who joined in 07-08 and the occasional scrub who joined years ago but never developed any kind of skill, could possibly entertain the absurd notion that brawl is anywhere near melee in any aspect. .
*Looks at his join date* Oh, the irony.

xpnet

Smash Cadet
I have to say Melee is more fun to play then Brawl. When playing brawl I feel like I can take a drink of Ice tea and play. I been having gaming sessions over my house since launch and I found that to make the game playable after 2 hours of play you need to move to special Brawl, put damage to 1.4, put high gravity on (To get rid of the stupid floating), and put the game speed on high. After unlocking all the characters and I found that while Nintendo put alot of work into making this game there just isn't something right about it.. I am sorta liking the event matches where its 1 on 1 or two on 1 but the 4 player Brawl in multi just isn't that fun. This is coming from a guy that owns a GameCube just for Melee next to my normal game Cube. I have a hard time focusing in on the characters and I just can't put my finger on it. Melee was played on a 32 inch SD Tv and I purchased a 47 Inch flat screen just for this game (Well.. Was going to get one anyway..) and maybe it's just the new physics or something.. Anyways.. I'm kinda feeling like Melee is a better game I don't know we will see.. and F them loading times (Would make a Sega joke but just doesn't fit..)

DroxSorcerer

Smash Cadet
Melee doesn't have Sonic, now does it? :p

Okay, I'll stop the dumb jokes. I think Brawl is better. For one, the stages are more involved and don't feel lifeless like they were in Melee. Even simple stages like the Battlefield make you feel like you're actually there there in that universe, not some giant platform based on a video game. And it's not like Brawl doesn't have the potentiel to be competitive.

Oh and SSB64 intros, it wins for that too. :p

gamer8

Smash Lord
Brawl is 100x better than melee, people like melee better only because of wavedashing, wavelanding, etc. What losers...

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is 100x better than melee, people like melee better only because of wavedashing, wavelanding, etc. What losers...
Uh... was that really necessary? People like Melee for different reasons, like the speed, the comboing etc. You'll just get flamed.

I've yet to decide which is better... but I hope it's Brawl.

//Btw, this thread should be stickied.

GoodNess

Smash Cadet
Brawl has been a blast. I was sick of Melee for a long time. Why the hell would i learn how to glitch out a game so I could keep up competitively? How is removing these unintentional glitches (which basically became the entirety of Melee) and returning the focus to intended gameplay a bad thing? They've increased the complexity of the game without glitches and made a (so far) balanced cast of characters. Brawl just simply destroys Melee in terms of sheer fun.

Leave Melee to the pros who spent over a year of their lives straight learning how to shuffle and wavedash, and bring on the new days of Smash where the person with the most complexity and ingenuity wins the fight. Melee Pro says, "Oh no this game is too balanced! There are no gamebreaking techs! " I have a feeling that when the characters and movesets are balanced like they seem to be in Brawl, you'll have competitive fights that are much more interesting simply because to win the player has to be creative.

To Japanese Brawl copy owners: some of you are saying that the game is boring because there are less options than Melee. To me this is indicative of you simply finding SOME strategies that work and sticking with them, leaving yourselves in a rut. The game is new and not broken like Melee, try "abusing" its flexibility.

Kawaii

Smash Rookie
I only played melee from June 07 to March 08. I didn't know many people to play with and after being taught the advanced stuff, the CPUs were no challenge. Brawl having competent CPUs and Wifi play makes it infinitely better for me.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Brawl has already surpassed the fun in Melee and definitely SSB64. So I'm going to go with Brawl.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I wonder when these Brawl/Melee comparisons will stop.

Hell, maybe I'll just stop looking at these boards. That's probably a much better solution.

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
brawl is garbage. ask any melee pro. furthermore, we'll still beat all of you in brawl anyway; no problem.

Rufeo

Smash Cadet
I'm still not sure although I am leaning more towards brawl. I'm so mad I didn't get a wii now. I think the games are different enough that I'm still going to play melee.

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
Comments like that makes you wonder how in the world the admins could've even considered banning you.
lol. such sarcasm. i've been banned so many times because i can't seem to tolerate inexperienced nubs(like yourself) who think they know what they're talking about. also, it doesn't matter how many times they ban me. even if they ban my ip address, which they have before, i still know how to come back on the same computer. i guess that's the reason i haven't been banned in a while, despite my ruthless smash-bashing; i guess they've given up.

spindash

Smash Ace
lol. such sarcasm. i've been banned so many times because i can't seem to tolerate inexperienced nubs(like yourself) who think they know what they're talking about. also, it doesn't matter how many times they ban me. even if they ban my ip address, which they have before, i still know how to come back on the same computer. i guess that's the reason i haven't been banned in a while, despite my ruthless smash-bashing; i guess they've given up.
Can we say no life? O_o If at first you don't succeed, ...just don't even bother.

Sounds to me that you like to come around here just to get your jollies off from irritating others with Smash Bashing. I could care less about you bashing Brawl anymore, but really. Don't you have something better to do?

If Brawl comes around as more competitive then Melee and is a huge hit, I will laugh if you just shrug off bashing Brawl and come around to playing Brawl with everyone else. Really, I will.

If you can't tolerate inexperienced nubs as you call them, then just don't even bother. You're not going to change anything or get anywhere with bashing the game or ripping on everyone here so you can feel better about yourself.

SONiiC_64

Smash Cadet
i still haven't played Brawl yet, but by what has been expressed on this thread, i can tell that it is the perfect game to get...hopefully there is a 'Jam-Packed, Speed-frenzy, Side-scrolling, full-on-action" stage like Melee's 'BIG BLUE' <-- Ultim8 Stage guys, ULTIM8!

KEM82

Smash Rookie
Definately, I love new adventure mode and the large roster is great. I'll be playing this longer and more often than Melee especially since there's online play. I can't stop playing this game!

kr3wman

Smash Master
Brawl is better.

Online mode is good, altough Nintendo could have done better.

Top Bottom