• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you land PK flash usually?

Iron Mushroom

Smash Apprentice
I rarley even use PK Flash, and most of the time I do, it's usually by accident. But I usually let it explode immediatly if I know it's not gonna hit anyone

Levitas

the moon
The only time I use PK flash is when Scotu is recovering against my ness as captain falcon in melee. It gives me enough time to hit him out of his ledge-hopped knee with the fully charged PK flash just as his invincibility wears off (BTW, they trade).

PS, I'm 2 for 2 in the last week.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
I've landed a few funny ones. Like just going up towards my opponent then down towards me. They run towards me while I'm vulnerable not realizing the PK Flash isn't going anywhere.

You would think most people wouldn't be so... dumb.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
My little brother likes to abuse kirby's down b attack thinking that he'd be invincible to a fully charge PK Flash....
FTW!

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
now ive been hitting with it more than ever(uncharged xD)

I pkt juggle them, until they realize airdodging isnt the answer so then try to atatck the pkt, after getting close enough to me i pk flash and they try t dair it ussually xD thinking itll be a pkt, then I continue pkt juggling :p

FlashGamma

Smash Cadet
I can hit my PK Flash about 90% of the time. However, I use it sparingly, such as when someone jumps back onto the stage from a ledge hang. Since it's an animation w/ no invincibility frames, they can't dodge out of it. If you're timing isn't garbage, it's a sure thing.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
now ive been hitting with it more than ever(uncharged xD)

I pkt juggle them, until they realize airdodging isnt the answer so then try to atatck the pkt, after getting close enough to me i pk flash and they try t dair it ussually xD thinking itll be a pkt, then I continue pkt juggling :p
If they think attacking the head is such a good idea, they are mistaken unless they have a disjointed hitbox downwards (not many characters have this). The best way to avoid PKT is to keep your DJ. Good strategy.

For me, PK Flash is used when there is a platform above me, like BF. They really can't punish unless they see it coming. Other than that, I would use it against characters with ridiculous dairs or stalling dairs (:mad: I'm looking at you Lucario, cause ROB doesn't need to approach).

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Jointed attacks can swat it, I believe... in fact, I'm sure they can.
What do you mean by swat? Are you saying they can outprioritize it? Even if they could, I only really need it for those two, since I can utilt pretty much anyone else (might have missed a few that I can't).

Top Bottom