• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you have one of those friends...

Lowe

Smash Rookie
...that does nothing but complain about everything you do? For example, I play Brawl with my friend and my fiance' and here are some examples of what I hear for hours on end:

"Oh my god, Lucario's range is too long."
"Man, all my moves are countered by everyone."
"Lucario's final smash is so unfair you can't do anything to get away from it."
"Lucario's smash is too fast."
"Lucario's counter is so unfair." (Which I don't use btw because it's really useless :p)
"Marth's counter is so unfair."
"Marth has too much range."
"Falco has no range."
"Falco's firebird goes too short."
"Falco is like the lightest character in the game."
"Falco does like no damage."

AAAGH! /pulls out hair.

Btw, he plays as Falco and I WAS a Marth player but was so tired of hearing his whining I changed to Lucario. But it doesn't end!

So! What about you guys? Do you have a friend like this?

Ichida

Smash Ace
Seriously, tell your friend to stifle it and use somebody else. He obviously has an illogical hatred for useful characters. Stick him with Lucas or Olimar. XD

Duon

Smash Rookie
Is this someone coming over to play?

Tell him to buzz off. lol

See how much he whines when he can't play. xD

Niko_K

Smash Master
I always complain in a joking way and my entire crew gets mad at me xD

Whenever Im losing I'll say its a bad matchup for me and it kind of changes their mindset lmfao

Lowe

Smash Rookie
Is this someone coming over to play?

Tell him to buzz off. lol

See how much he whines when he can't play. xD
Actually, I'm babysitting my nephews tonight with my fiance' and on Friday we're going out (March 14th is national Steak and Blowjob day for those of you who didn't know), so he'll have time to cool off I guess :p He doesn't have a Wii or anything so he comes over to our apt. to play Brawl and eat our food and drink my Pepsi ( :mad: ). But he's my best friend, what are you gonna do? :p

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
i cant stand it when my friends whine about how i play, its my style and im not gonna change it cause of their ignorace. it gets so annoying and then if they win, they just are like "you like how (insert move of their character) does that to ya, haha" that pisses me off so much. when i play, i keep my mouth shut no matter how much something may not be going in my favor. i only speak when i screw up and just tell myself not to do it again.

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
No friends like that, but I do whine, only when against so called pro stuff. Didn't happened really in Brawl but much in Melee.

I'm talking here about all kind of advanced techniques, wavedashing (thats an extreme), for brawl the only thing I complained about is chain grabbing, but also all kind of combo, if he can pull combo on me I whine and I say **** that, I'm not playing -_-

You'd see me as a big whiner in these moments but not otherwise. Must be a pain for someone to complain on all normal things though.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
LOL. I have someone that does exactly this. No matter what I do, he *****es. He started doing it in Melee, and has continued it into Brawl. The plus side is that I demolish him, so that makes me feel better. Lately, I've been trying not to play with his lame *** though.

Glandriel

Smash Rookie
If I whine while playing its usually in a joking way. Or I'll purposly sounds stupid the person I play against in melee (haven't got to play against him in brawl yet) he usually uses Ness or Luigi, to have a good laugh I'll yell "OMG HAX" and we will have a laugh. We call each other a ***** when they lose badly, but its all in good fun. I hate sore losers.:mad:

maximus omega

Smash Cadet
Lol my freind is the same especially when im marth all he does is complain i dont get annoyed though i just start to laugh.

Duopierce

Smash Rookie
I would complain when fighting my friends Peach (which is a monster from the depths of hell). Otherwise, I had one friend who'd always find ways to blame his loss on outside factors.

e.i
"The sun was in my eyes"
"The level has platforms. Sheik doesn't do well with platforms"
"My controller is broken"
"My phone kept vibrating"
"Your character is cheap"
"That level had no platforms. Sheik needs platforms" (not kidding)

He stopped playing though, 2 years ago - when me and 3 friends started exploring advanced techniques, competitive playing, and attending tournaments. He said it "wasn't fair".

Lowe

Smash Rookie
Beat your friend with Falco. What's he going to do, complain that his own character is overpowered? :p
I would do that, but I have a sort of code of honor. I don't play any of the characters my friends play. So, meh.

sonicrush2

Smash Rookie
I can't count the number of people I know that do that everytime we play melee or brawl. This is the most frequent thing I here when I play with someone,

" C'mon, let me win, you're so unfair"

Those are the kinds of things that make me not want to play those games with anybody.

PhoenixWiight

Smash Cadet
me and all my friends whine about stuff from time to time, but always laugh about it. sometimes we all agree something IS cheap and just laugh our ***** off (giant fish in the IC stage)

ObeseNightmare

Smash Cadet
...that does nothing but complain about everything you do? For example, I play Brawl with my friend and my fiance' and here are some examples of what I hear for hours on end:

"Oh my god, Lucario's range is too long."
"Man, all my moves are countered by everyone."
"Lucario's final smash is so unfair you can't do anything to get away from it."
"Lucario's smash is too fast."
"Lucario's counter is so unfair." (Which I don't use btw because it's really useless :p)
"Marth's counter is so unfair."
"Marth has too much range."
"Falco has no range."
"Falco's firebird goes too short."
"Falco is like the lightest character in the game."
"Falco does like no damage."

AAAGH! /pulls out hair.

Btw, he plays as Falco and I WAS a Marth player but was so tired of hearing his whining I changed to Lucario. But it doesn't end!

So! What about you guys? Do you have a friend like this?
I used to be a person like that, now it's more like... "Wow, how did you do that, that was cool."

Chimeiookami

Smash Cadet
Ask him who he wants you to play. Then beat him... Repeat. Total whiners never gonna get good, so you can feel better to know this...

zelda1818

Smash Cadet
YES!!! So many of my friends complain, even when they do good in a round they find something to complain about...it is sooooo annoying!!

SofaKingRetarded

Smash Rookie
I have a friend like that, he complains about how I play cheap and repeat the same move and he just runs and shoots projectiles the whole game. If he's your best friend tell him to shut the **** up. I don't tell my friend that because I kinda feel bad since he doesn''t have anything other than his games (like isn't that great at anything else, doesn't really have other friends)

Top Bottom