• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you have a chance if you can't even win on For Glory?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Maybe it's just an "eventhubs" thing, but why is Wario so unpopular? He strikes me as a really underrated character? :p

Also I've been learning to read people more, but is it just me or is air dodging/rolling insanely hard to punish? Like I'm well ahead of the enemy about to roll, but the timing is so strict my punish misses.
Wario is unpopular mainly because he has a decently high learning curve and takes a lot of patience to play as. Wario's range is terrible for most of his attacks so getting hits in means waiting for mistakes or baiting your opponent into certain positions. That said, Wario is much more rewarding of defensive and reactionary tactics while an aggressive Wario will likely get knocked around a lot. A lot of Wario's playstyle revolves around punishing simple mistakes. For example, Wario's bike punishes excessive rolling while Wario's Chomp punishes excessive shielding and spot dodging. Waft is one of the best trump cards against weak attacks or ending lag in the game. To be good with Wario means to be able to manipulate your opponent enough to control the match, even when you're down. This is a fairly tall order and most people's lack of patience gets the best of them. As I said before, he's not someone you can pick up and play and being good with him means have a good understanding of the neutral and capitalizing as best as possible when your opponent is in a state of disadvantage.

Last edited:

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
I would say yes, not only does for glory suck sometimes (roll spams, little macs, bayonettas, etc.) but as they say: losing makes you stronger than winning. This piece of advice might not be for everyone but losing doesn't mean you suck especially on for glory where there's lag and exploiters take it as a chance of exp. rather than shame. You should have just as a big of a chance as anyone else.

Hey, not all Little Macs are bad! I put a lot of work into my main. :(

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
Last edited:

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
Hey, not all Little Macs are bad! I put a lot of work into my main. :(
I could use your help! Is Mac a good character for learning to stay put on the ground? I love to fight in the air, but I'm not sure if that's a weakness of mine? Also he's an underdog character through and through; I'd love to become good as him just to get revenge on all the FG bullies :)

Top Bottom