• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you find Ganondorf difficult to play against bad players?

Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Because I sure do. This may sound strange, but hear me out here.

Ganondorf's playstyle revolves around reading your opponent and punishing their actions, so my mindset when playing as him is tailored toward expecting the enemy to cover their best options and punish accordingly. However, players who are worse at the game than I am never seem to do this, and while I'm expecting them to throw out a good option they do something stupid which throws me off and lands them free hits on me. Knowing I'm facing someone who obviously is not going to play smartly, I then have to change my mindset to a more offensive Dorf, which is pretty difficult for me to do. This happens to me alot on For Glory.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Sure, Ganon gets cheesed easy, but good players will cheese Ganon just as easily as, if not more than, bad ones. If a bad player is cheesing you out dont over estimate him/her or respect thier options.

If you are always getting mixed up then that player isn't so bad, no matter how stupid each action is individually.

Alternitavely if a player chooses the same option over and over again, unless you cant cover or arent covering it, the player isnt that good, no matter how good the option is.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A player that is "worse on paper" than his opponent, can still win if his playstyle/gameplan is your cryptonite.
This is the beauty of smash.
In the long run, you'll adapt and beat him, but in a tourney, it might be too late.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
On FG sure because of slight input delay and things like that. But even then the bad players have really bad habits that you should be able to capitalize on very easily assuming the lag isn't atrocious. In person if I play bad players they just get the beating of their life.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
This is a particular problem in games like Street Fighter. There's a lot to be said for someone who behaves unpredictably. But yeah, as Ganon in particular, a character who needs to have reasonably explicit knowledge of what's coming next, someone who's just gyrating their butt on their controller's going to be frustrating to play because everything's going to feel tremendously sloppy.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh yeah. And it's not just Ganondorf, either: a lot of the characters I play need to read the opponent and react accordingly. When somebody does something so abhorrently, inconceivably, absurdly, unmitigatedly wrong that it just knocks me off course, I panic and start to toss out empty moves left, right and center until I eventually clamber back onto a balanced form again.

Crafty devils, I tells ya. :3

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
I personally find it pretty easy since bad players usually have a lot of painfully exploitable habits. That's when you start styling with your Volvic kick.
I'm going to shout "Come on world I'll have you for breakfast!" every single time I do U-tilt now.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I kinda get what you mean...not exzactly bad..but patient...because alot of the time i pre time my attacks so to read or pre determine because ganons really slow.

But against a patient player that doesnt hardly roll dodge it can be a pain.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sometimes as Ganon you might drop a few games due to his inconsistent design. So no, it's not just you.

But I never get tired of gimping For Glory Link players. :laugh:

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
I dunno. Usually that just means I can rely on really simple stuff like throwing them offstage and Uair gimping, or just repeatedly Flame Choke Dtilting them until they die. There's being unpredictable, and then there's being just plain bad.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
If they suck you can probably rush in and kick their ass. It's all a matter of getting in their head.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Honestly, against a bad player, I have a MUCH easier time with Ganondorf. The most glaring thing about why bad players are easier is that they will often give you free stocks by not knowing about the Ganocide. Also, you can throw them into a panic with a good long chain choke. If they play dead on the ground to try to escape, just side smash into the ground XD

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
It depends on what you mean by 'bad'

I certainly run into players who just have the options to beat Ganon or other low tier characters I play and they're trash. Some players can really get away with anything, and lag+FD won't help. At least I'm able to beat them in tournament thanks to platform stages which ruin theyre options. Normal bad players are just bad and beaten...

Last edited:
Top Bottom