• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you consider....

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
A Wolf that spams lasers until you get close to him, then he either rolls or dodges and either uses his F-smash or D-smash after that a noob? He doesn't have any arial game, the only time he trys to attack in the air is if he is coming down and you trying to attack him, or he uses a badly placed Dair to try and spike with. He also rolls a lot to use one of the two smashes mentioned above after the roll(s). He will sometimes use his reflector to stun and then lead into a smash.

I want an truthful answer. I just want to know if you wolf mainers out there think that this supposed Wolf mainer is a spammy noob.

I've found some videos of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v47WfzMZ1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEU-h-EOcn0- Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSzc-J9hwJg- Part 2

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
yes..yes he is in my opinion. In fact, that one of the many definitions of a spammie noob wolf mainer...

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Indeed it works, but if you wish to go anywhere, and I mean dreaming on becoming the best in State or Country, you've got to drop that crap because it's going to take you nowhere.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Not as big a noob as a guy I know who spammed Roy's fully charged Flare Blade in Melee, and now does the same thing with Ike's fully charged Eruption.

I really don't think it's quite possible to be as noobish as that with Wolf.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Not as big a noob as a guy I know who spammed Roy's fully charged Flare Blade in Melee, and now does the same thing with Ike's fully charged Eruption.

I really don't think it's quite possible to be as noobish as that with Wolf.
Take that back...thats, noobish beyond compare @.@ I hope your friend realizes that a word such as "prediction" exist, because that's exactly what your sentence states lol...ANd I mean thats bad.

TIPS FOR NOOBS: TRY TO NOT SPAM THE SAME MOVE OVER AND OVER UNLESS IT'S A RANGED MOVE WHICH IN THAT CASE IS NOT AS BAD, BUT STILL!!! AND TRY NOT TO BE PREDICTABLE!!!

LAW-WOLF

Smash Rookie
ok so if u cant beat him when he plays like that then u should not call him a noob next the laser is at most points a smart way to play it ceeps the enemy away stacks damage and also makes ppl very mad this can lead to mind games

over all this is not the best and only way to play with wolf but if it gets the job done with the person ur playing y not

acv

Smash Journeyman
spammy wolf<falco.

wolf spam vs a falco=FAIL.

spamming will get you nowhere.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I've only lost to him once. Anyways, it can help you win games, but in the end, you are still a noob.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
I don't see what's wrong with spamming the same move over and over again. If the opponent can't beat it you might as well keep doing it. If it's an inferior tactic you should be glad people are using it because then you can beat them easily, right?

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
yes, he is a noob.

just looking at the video i know i could kick his *** faster than you can say jiminy cricket.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well spamming the Laser isnt bad, its always nice to force your opponent to approach. In general spamming any projectile a little bit when there is distance between you and your opponent is just a good idea since who knows, you might hit and you have nothing to loose for trying, if it doesnt hit you can be ready to predict the method your opponent used to dodge it since you cant camp too well if you are being shot at.

Now the rolling to side and down smash I consider a lot more noobish, since thats pretty darn predictable, though combining with side smash works quite well online if they are smart enough to save down smash for a finisher. But if they spam them both then they are total noobs who dont know anything about diminishing knockback...and I would also say they are noobs because they fail to take advantage of Wolf's amazing b-air.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
If he wins consistently, then no; if he loses consistently, then yes.
Complex answer: I would tend to form the expectation that such a Wolf user is a noob, as he would not seem to be able to play any other way.
But if he is winning that match, then you cannot fault him for doing what works. Which casts some doubt on the expectation that is formed.

But if he loses a single match and doesn't change styles, ya, he's noob.

Top Bottom