• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you block people?

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Do you ever block people on For Glory? If so, what do you consider a blockable offense?

Me, I block people all the time for playing like scrubs. Spamming the same attack pattern, rolling as their main mode of movement, or picking Little Mac and spamming his smashes and dash attack the whole match (yes, I've banned every Mac I've come across). Basically, if you're only alive because the constantly varying amount of lag makes me unable to punish your shenanigans you are blocked.

I've done this for the last few months and my FG experience has improved dramatically. It's still ****ty, no doubt about it, but it doesn't make me want to murder people.

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
I have only ever run into someone I've already played against once, and that was immediately after they left the lobby and somehow got saddled with me again. they promptly left. if I see someone acting like a scrub, or being rude, I'll just power through the match and then leave. the chances of running into them again is so slim I don't see why I should bother blocking. and if it's really bad behavior I'll send a report, but never block.

Last edited:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
You could block people? How do you do that
Press X on the results screen, then select your opponent's window and hit A. It'll bring up a window where you can block the player from interacting with you again on Miiverse or other games. You have to manually leave the match to get a new partner, though. Naturally, with how many copies this game sold, you have to block quite a lot of people to see improvements. I don't know how big the list size is, but if Nintendo/Sora used an unsigned 32 bit integer (2^32, or about 4.3 billion) that'll be more than enough.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I did not know that you could block but now I will maybe start blocking laggers. Other than I will not block since I do not mind spammers since I am too good to fall to mindless spam outside of lag so I just beat them so badly that they leave.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I've never blocked anyone, nor have I ever tried to report someone before either. None of my matches are usually that laggy, and those that are shouldn't really be punished for it. Lag sucks, but not many can help it for whatever reason there could be.

As for rude players I could report & block them and probably block spammers too, but I don't. Usually when I encounter a spammer I spam right back and typically out-spam them a lot of the time. They leave after that and I go back to playing normally. For the rude, insult slinging players I typically just don't pay much attention to them to be honest. Let them be cocky and sling their insults.

There's going to be a lot of people like that on any game with an online mode that allows some way to communicate one way or the other. Besides, why miss out on knocking them down a peg and making them leave in a fit of delicious, salty rage?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It depends on their actions. Although I've not blocked anyone since I started playing online.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
As for spammers/rude players I should probably block and report them yeah, but I don't.
Why should you report them for their playstyle? I find it annoying to be comboed by Mario's Uptilt but I still think that I should not report them for it.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Why should you report them for their playstyle? I find it annoying to be comboed by Mario's Uptilt but I still think that I should not report them for it.
I tend to derp up when I type replies sometimes, especially if I'm in a hurry. What I meant was that I should report rude players and probably block spammers, yet I don't. Sorry for the misunderstanding and nice catch. The derp has now been edited.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
Spammers mostly. If people are gonna win by using scrub tactics like that, then they're obviously not worth my time. Other than that I have blocked a few people for being rude or just downright annoying. Not with their playstyle, but their Miis and tags. Please don't put your name down as "a***face" or "iSuckALot." It doesn't leave a good impression whatsoever, no matter how good you may be.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't even want to know how long my "blocked list" is.

I came to the point where I want to filter people to avoid encountering the same annoying players again and again. I mostly block huge spammers (like that :4greninja: who absolutely loved his shuriken and rolls against :4ganondorf:) and really laggy people.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Spammers mostly. If people are gonna win by using scrub tactics like that, then they're obviously not worth my time.
If they beat you then you are probably not worth their time. I often start spamming when I see that the opponent is too bad to handle it because noobs who can get 2-stocked using almost nothing but for example throwing Gyro's are not worthy of seeing me play my best.

I still give them a rematch though even if they have showed themselves to be unworthy because I am a good sport and they might just switch to their main or counterpick.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
If they beat you then you are probably not worth their time. I often start spamming when I see that the opponent is too bad to handle it because noobs who can get 2-stocked using almost nothing but for example throwing Gyro's are not worthy of seeing me play my best.

I still give them a rematch though even if they have showed themselves to be unworthy because I am a good sport and they might just switch to their main or counterpick.
Since when did I say they beat me? They start spamming, I'll start spamming back. The match ends up getting boring and repetitive, I don't want to deal with that, so I block them.

Now, if there spamming more often than not, but still using different moves here and there, I will give them a rematch. If it plays out more like the last one, then I'll leave after it's over. I'm not dealing with that.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Yes, but only people who win using such tactics as spamming, doing a taunt match to gang up on me, and also people who practically berate the nametag with insults and make fun of a person's skill, despite actually being worse than said player.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Well,it's a pain in the ass to know that you can't blocked your opponent after they flame/troll you via tags after a game.Worst,when they leave.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
I probably block ~90% of the people I play for being laggy or just picking bad/disrespectful options in general. I'll report them if I can as well but it's usually disabled cause I report too many people.

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
TIL blocking is an option. I probably would, but I can't even remember the names of anyone I had a bad experience with so seeing them again wouldn't bother me.

Top Bottom