• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do we have the worst Swallocide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUCKAtl

Smash Apprentice
Most recently I have found it extremely difficult to execute an effective Swallowcide, which leads me do pose these questions:

Does Kirby have the worst Swallowcide?
Should Kirby's inhaling attack even be used for a Swallowcide?
Does Kirby's light(floaty) weight really even allow for an effective Swallowcide, even with a fast fall?

I need answers now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Dedede's is more effective. Wario's is the worst if you count it. Nobody else matters.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I doubt that. You can't footstool out of a Wariocide and it has less range.

DUCKAtl

Smash Apprentice
yes, but usually i jump off like im going to the ledge and grab my opponent then, and unless its a MK ill just use my trusty Bike+ Fart+ Up B to get out of such a sticky situation, with Kirby ill just fast fall, spit out my opponent, and hop to God i have some more jumps left before i up b(oh and btw do you have a video of ur Charizard, i luv when i can see a good PT in action)

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Kirby DOES NOT have the worst swallowcides. Let's discuss them:

Kirby (Neutral B): Shorter range than d3 on swallow, no fastfall, no autospit at end allowing for footstools on some characters. It can also put opponents in a bad position when they break out.

Dedede (Neutral B): Large range on swallow, can be fastfalled, no footstool afterward.

Wario (Neutral B): Easiest to break out of, Wario dies first (may not matter depending on rules), deals damage throughout move.

Bowser: Impossible to break out of, can have direction changed by either/both players depending on stock and %. SBR rules give a win to him if the game ends with this.

Ganondorf (Side B): Impossible to break out of, almost guaranteed death if missed.

IMO, D3>Kirby>Wario>Bowser>Ganonfork.

If I forgot a character with a -cide, tell me and I'll briefly talk about them.

Q&A thread next time.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I think Kirby's is better than DDD's. If opponents break out of DDD's inhale, DDD falls too fast to do anything, and opponents end up getting a guaranteed footstool... I've footstooled DDDs who DDDcide my ZSS, and recovered back onstage while they die because they were too low when I fs'd them... But with KIRBY, no matter where he is or what happenes, due to his low fall speed, he can survive if things go horribly wrong, as well as survive (and also kill the opponent) if things go horribly well.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
yes, but usually i jump off like im going to the ledge and grab my opponent then, and unless its a MK ill just use my trusty Bike+ Fart+ Up B to get out of such a sticky situation, with Kirby ill just fast fall, spit out my opponent, and hop to God i have some more jumps left before i up b(oh and btw do you have a video of ur Charizard, i luv when i can see a good PT in action)
It goes more like Bowser > Dedede > Kirby > Ganondorf > Wario, A1.

I don't use PT. I use Charizard.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
well then can you post a charizard vid or gimme a link?
You could just go to YouTube and search "Charizard Reflex Brawl" or "PT Reflex Brawl".

It'd be easier for you if you were to check out Pokemon Trainer mainers in the Pokemon Trainer boards, rather than the Kirby boards, amirite?

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
I'd say Wario's and fork's pro's and con's trade off.

Fork's has a guaranteed K.O if he hits with it, but has an almost certain death if he misses.

Wario's doesn't have a guaranteed death if missed, but he has less of a chance in getting a K.O.
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
but kirby's has a shorter swallow time
Range, you mean? Well, actually...

Our inhale gabs opponents faster, while DDD's pulls the enemy in, THEN grabs. Heres a representation...

---------------------------------------

1|===
2|==___

1 is Kirby
2 is Dedede
| is the character's mouths
= where the inhale grabs
_ where the inhales pulls closer, but doesn't grab

---------------------------------------

That's how I see it, at least.If Kirby and DDD inhale each other at the same time, chances are Kirby will win.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Most recently I have found it extremely difficult to execute an effective Swallowcide, which leads me do pose these questions:

Does Kirby have the worst Swallowcide?
Should Kirby's inhaling attack even be used for a Swallowcide?
Does Kirby's light(floaty) weight really even allow for an effective Swallowcide, even with a fast fall?

I need answers now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, we do. Also we eat items slowly. Wario outclasses us there lol.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
In terms of actually nabbing the opponent in the inhale..yes Kirby probably does have the worst due to the horrid startup..BUT imo..once you nab your opponent...Kirby can do far more with it than Wario or DDD. He has far more menuverability and can usualyl recover if they escpae or he spits them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom