• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

do u like not diing?

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
not exactly sure where i should post these so im just going to make a thread.

-if you like surviving at crazy high percents, then this thread is for you.-

upon watching some of the vids in our video section, i have noticed that people are not using samus to her full "tank" potential. in these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucKOF4U63FU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQIy7P7RWo&feature=related

they teach one how to DI properly for the best survival results. proper DIing can turn a G&W into a snake (not in reality) in terms of survival and can do the same for us. with our trouble KOing, it is very important to do as much damage as possible before we DI (<pun intended) so we should all watch and learn a thing or two so that we can all DI like the pros. also, although the vids are not samus specific, the basics should still apply just incase some of you are wondering. so lets all get out there and take advantage of that bulky suit that weighs us down (but somehow makes us float lol).

most of us probably already know how to or at least know of these little tricks but for those of you who don't, enjoy.

on a side note, these aren't the only vids of how to DI properly but they are imo the best.......

*hopes this helps out alot*

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I've been DI'ing out of Pikachu's d-smash. Now it has nothing on me. I've seen the second video and added it to my favorites a while back. I just need to get it all down.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Common knowledge does not deserve thread

If hit DI away and up, perform uair then double jump or whatever
If hit slightly vertical use a fastfalled aerial, or dair
If hit sideways/downwards smash DI down and tap Z, either you tech or grapple onto the edge and stop your momentum.

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
Haven't watched vids yet, I'm about too. But Dryn a long time ago like when I first joined I read something about which direction to DI out of pika's d-smash, but then I forgot and couldn't find it again :(. But yeah so I'm assuming one of the vids mentions that, if not would you mind informing me and anyone else who doesn't know.

Edit: Yeah Dryn nvm the second vid was cool. The first one was good too though I think he said up-right-down for quarter circle DI, though that would be a half circle, but maybe I'm deaf.

Edit2: Watched first vid again and I guess the down after the up-right is for fast falling.

And thanks n00b, I get what your saying. Your description seems a lot better than just repeatedly tapping up. I've read guides before about DI and it took me awhile to get regular DI because every time I read perpendicular in my mind I was thinking parallel and when I finally noticed I was like wow I'm stupid. And I've been too lazy to figure out sdi or at least work it into my game. But now I get it a little better :) yay.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Common knowledge does not deserve thread

If hit DI away and up, perform uair then double jump or whatever
If hit slightly vertical use a fastfalled aerial, or dair
If hit sideways/downwards smash DI down and tap Z, either you tech or grapple onto the edge and stop your momentum.
its only common knowledge to people of a certain skill level. the others however, still need to learn. such as the 3rd person to post in this thread.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Then this kind of post should go into Xyro's Ultimate Samus Database or something

because that's the way these boards work now i think

soz

EDIT:
VirisKnite

To get out of Pika or Rob's dsmash like that, sweep your controlstick along the top left corner to the top right corner of the 8 directions back and forth, rocking your thumb left and right while holding up.. kind of an unnatural motion but it works, try it.

I remember Furbs trying to explain it to Xyro lol. Maybe houston isn't used to Smash DI yet.

If anyone saw footage from Hobo 15 yesterday, you'd know what TX DI looks like lolol

Top Bottom