• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do the "Trophy Quiz" segments hint at new fighters? (Chrom, Ghirahim, Palutena, and Ridley)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I see no reason to think the trophies are anything more than a fun "Who's that Pokemon" game. Sakurai loves his Nintendo trivia, so it's totally normal for him to make something like this. There was absolutely nothing in the Direct that indicated it could be a clue to playable characters.

Honestly, if the trophies weren't from series people wanted characters from (especially Ridley), I don't think the idea would have even been brought up. Plus there are actually two FE newcomers, yet only one trophy. If this was really some crazy conspiracy by Sakurai, I imagine he would have put two FE trophies in.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Honestly, if the trophies weren't from series people want characters from (especially Ridley), I don't think the idea would have even been brought up. Plus there are actually two FE newcomers, yet only one trophy. If this was really some crazy conspiracy by Sakurai, I imagine he would have put two FE trophies in.
The FE characters only got one trailer, though. Plus, it's pretty clear that Robin is the "main" FE newcomer, which is why the music seems to hint toward them.

Anyway, I believe in the trophy theory for a few reasons:
1. 2/4 already.
2. All four series are series that could very easily have a newcomer.
3. My main reason: It was these four specifically. Why these four? Not a Mario trophy, a series that already had a newcomer? Why not something directly from Smash Bros., like Master Hand? Why not from something that we already know isn't getting a rep/is very unlikely to get a rep, like The Wonderful 101 or some retro series from which there probably couldn't be a playable character anyway? No, it was these four specifically. 2 have already come true, one more is for a very highly requested character (Ridley). The last, the Zelda one, is the one that leaves me unsure. The other three are fairly easy to link to a specific character (Chrom might have been expected over Robin, but Tiki and Id Purpose definitely point more to Robin than Chrom), but Fi and Ballad of the Goddess aren't so obvious. Fi is considered the counterpart to Ghirahim, but the character relation for the other three is always a little different or just very vague (King Kihunter in particular), so I'm not sure how much that means.

Then there's the music: Id Purpose is considered Robin's theme, and The Return of Palutena and Vs. Ridley are both pretty obvious, but Ballad of the Goddess isn't anyone's theme in particular except possibly Zelda. However, Impa teaches Link the song, and it's apparently supposed to be the first version of Zelda's Lullaby, which Impa also teaches Link in Ocarina of Time. Since Impa doesn't have her own theme, this seems to me to be the most likely song to signify her.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think the one links to Ridley, however I remain sceptacle about the other being Ghirahim.

I think it could simply be saying there are more characters to be revealed for each of the said series that had a trophy quiz and of course Fire Emblem gained from it due to Marth and Ike already being revealed, and Kid Icarus just got their second rep, so it was inevitable that these series would be gaining newcomers, same goes for Ridley too, especially since this happened the same time Sakurai teased us with the infamous shadow, Zero Suit Samus as her own character, and of course showed us the trophy quizzes.

As for Ghirahim however, I think Fi is something just saying there is another Zelda character, but I don't think its Ghirahim, we need Ganondorf in before him, and I'm not sure what to make of the idea of six Zelda characters, although it seems we might have six Pokémon again if Jigglypuff isn't cut since Mewtwo is returning.

Its just kind of weird having not only Pokémon have more characters than Mario, but Zelda too, unless for some reason though they represent their own personal spin offs, Donkey Kong, Diddy, Yoshi, and Wario are supposed to count as Mario characters making 9 Mario reps which would actually balance the roster out.

So yeah because I doubt Zelda might six reps, I doubt Ghirahim will be in, Ganondorf is inevitable, but Ghirahim, ever since Sheik was revealed I began thinking that may of been it for Ghirahim.

Replacing Ganondorf would be absolutely stupid, he's the main character of the Zelda series and the face of Super Smash Bros, he needs to be in.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I think the one links to Ridley, however I remain sceptacle about the other being Ghirahim.

I think it could simply be saying there are more characters to be revealed for each of the said series that had a trophy quiz and of course Fire Emblem gained from it due to Marth and Ike already being revealed, and Kid Icarus just got their second rep, so it was inevitable that these series would be gaining newcomers, same goes for Ridley too, especially since this happened the same time Sakurai teased us with the infamous shadow, Zero Suit Samus as her own character, and of course showed us the trophy quizzes.

As for Ghirahim however, I think Fi is something just saying there is another Zelda character, but I don't think its Ghirahim, we need Ganondorf in before him, and I'm not sure what to make of the idea of six Zelda characters, although it seems we might have six Pokémon again if Jigglypuff isn't cut since Mewtwo is returning.

Its just kind of weird having not only Pokémon have more characters than Mario, but Zelda too, unless for some reason though they represent their own personal spin offs, Donkey Kong, Diddy, Yoshi, and Wario are supposed to count as Mario characters making 9 Mario reps which would actually balance the roster out.

So yeah because I doubt Zelda might six reps, I doubt Ghirahim will be in, Ganondorf is inevitable, but Ghirahim, ever since Sheik was revealed I began thinking that may of been it for Ghirahim.

Replacing Ganondorf would be absolutely stupid, he's the main character of the Zelda series and the face of Super Smash Bros, he needs to be in.

As much as i want Ghirahim in the game, Ghirahim won't replace Ganondorf, if we get Ghirahim we will get him with Ganondorf, also i don't think it really matter if any series have more character than Mario, because if you count the :pt: as 3 character (:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:) then we already had more pokemons characters in Brawl than Mario characters...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I honestly think Impa has a much better chance than Ghirahim, simply because she's of vastly more importance to the series. The only thing Ghirahim has going for him is the Fi counterpoint, but the music doesn't really clue to him. I'd say Impa is more likely.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Since we are 2/4 for right now, I think this has some credibility. I really want both Ridley and Ghirahim so I'm actually hoping this was Sakurai doing some very subtle hinting.

TeamFlareZakk

Since we are 2/4 for right now, I think this has some credibility. I really want both Ridley and Ghirahim so I'm actually hoping this was Sakurai doing some very subtle hinting.
I would totally love to see both Ridley and Ghirahim.

First off I don't have much confidence in Isaac so if Ghirahim is in, well he kind of looks like Saturos so I will have my Golden Sun character since I'm selling out to a more superior series just to get a Golden Sun character, good luck playing as trophy Isaac, I'm not selling out, I'm buying in.

As for Impa, that would be a wasteful piece of garbage, she'd be just another stupid Sheikah for me to beat up on, its bad enough I'll be beating up on Sheik, I don't need Impa wasting a spot too, otherwise I'll just have to curb stomp her with Ganondorf's curb stomp meteor smash if he still has it, he better because I just recently named it.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Ridley and Impa. No Ghirahim
Why do people actually want Impa? The only incarnation I even have the slightest interest in is her Hyrule Warriors one, but that is too recent of a game to represented. She would be a freakin Sheik clone.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Why do people actually want Impa? The only incarnation I even have the slightest interest in is her Hyrule Warriors one, but that is too recent of a game to represented. She would be a freakin Sheik clone.
She's actually important to the zelda story and is also cursed by demise to be reborn over and over again as zeldas protector. Impa has been in many games. The reason she gained some popular traction is the fact her design in skyward sword was fantastic and she was important to the story. She also looks mad cool in hyrule warriors.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
She's actually important to the zelda story and is also cursed by demise to be reborn over and over again as zeldas protector. Impa has been in many games. The reason she gained some popular traction is the fact her design in skyward sword was fantastic and she was important to the story. She also looks mad cool in hyrule warriors.
Even though Impa is important to Zelda, I still don't think she offers anything original as a character. Which made me even more confused were the people who wanted a tag team of Zelda and Impa instead of Zelda and Sheik.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Even though Impa is important to Zelda, I still don't think she offers anything original as a character. Which made me even more confused were the people who wanted a tag team of Zelda and Impa instead of Zelda and Sheik.
I just want impa (I actually wanted shiek replaced originally) I think her Hyrule warriors design would fit perfect for smash.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Sheik is a Ninja. Impa is more of a Samurai. She's a noble protector, not a warrior from the shadows. This may clash with her visual design, but in terms of personality and portrayal, she's always been the shining white knight, not the "furtive figure working behind the scenes".

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
>Mentions Hyrule Warriors.
>Claims Impa would be a Sheik clone.

Sorry, but this isn't adding up. Hyrule Warriors shows that the two can easily be different.

Personally, I don't care too much for Impa, but I am extremely against Ghirahim, so if we get a Zelda newcomer, I really want it to be Impa.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538

Sorry, but this isn't adding up. Hyrule Warriors shows that the two can easily be different.

Personally, I don't care too much for Impa, but I am extremely against Ghirahim, so if we get a Zelda newcomer, I really want it to be Impa.
Sorry, meant to say that if people wanted Impa as she is now (meaning not Hyrule Warriors) then she would be a Sheik clone. If Sakurai would include her Hyrule Warriors appearance, despite it being very recent, then she could be an original character.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Sorry, meant to say that if people wanted Impa as she is now (meaning not Hyrule Warriors) then she would be a Sheik clone. If Sakurai would include her Hyrule Warriors appearance, despite it being very recent, then she could be an original character.
There's no reason she can't both have her Skyward Sword design and a unique moveset.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
There's no reason she can't both have her Skyward Sword design and a unique moveset.
How? We barely ever see her in Skyward Sword and I would think Sakurai would have to make a moveset completely unrelated to her character like he did with Captain Falcon. I just think Ghirahim is literally screaming unlimited character potential because all his moves can be taken from the 3 fights in Skyward Sword.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
How? We barely ever see her in Skyward Sword and I would think Sakurai would have to make a moveset completely unrelated to her character like he did with Captain Falcon. I just think Ghirahim is literally screaming unlimited character potential because all his moves can be taken from the 3 fights in Skyward Sword.
If Hyrule Warriors could give her a good moveset, why can't Smash Bros.? It's not as though she needs the Hyrule Warriors outfit to be unique. It's just an outfit.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Initial thoughts on the Trophies:
Tiki: "Yay! Tiki's making an appearance!" (Fire Emblem for the win!)
Fi: "No mistaking her, that's Fi."
Pseudo-Palutena: "Oh, it's Lady Paluten- wait, she's not playabl-WHAAAA...?!"
King Kihunter: "Okay, that's familiar... Umm, but why is Ridley's theme... Oh, the King Kihunter. I remember that one."

I must admit, seeing the Rumours page on SmashWiki, I thought, "This looks interesting..." I was particularly fond of wanting Palutena and Chrom in Smash, Ghirahim and Ridley were a little bit far fetched for me.

:4palutena::4pacman::4mii:E3: We get Palutena, Pac-Man and Mii Fighters and this theory starts to become more credible, and so was the then mostly accurate Gematsu Leak.

:4robinm::4robinf::4lucina:14th/15th of July (15th of July if in the Australian EST time zone - Midnight, and just before the start of school... -.-) : Robin is confirmed with Lucina, and Chrom got the Falcon Punch. Now I think this is more believable than the Gematsu Leak.
And seeing the Ridley Support Thread's second post, the Trophy Theory made a bit more sense to me, and so did Tiki - She has more in common with Robin and Lucina in Awakening than with Chrom, and id - Purpose makes even more sense, it's Robin's theme. Seeing that, I thought "We should have seen the signs earlier."

With that out of the way, to me, I think it's Ghirahim and Ridley. The argument for Ghirahim on the Ridley Thread makes sense in Fi's case, an opposite to the protagonist's sidekick. In actual fact, I'm in favour of Ghirahim more than Impa. (To me, the best Impa design was the Oracle of Ages and Seasons Impa, she looks like a perfect nanny for Zelda in that game! ...My opinion, by the way. I didn't really care much about Impa in Skyward Sword, and I don't think Hyrule Warriors would actually help her. I think she'd be at least a Sheik clone, which would be underwhelming since Sheik is now finally her own character.)

Ridley's connection to the King Kihunter actually caught me by surprise after reading the Second Post. It makes a bit more sense now, and it justifies why Ridley's theme was playing. It'd be interesting if the Trophy Quiz actually contradicts what was said about the 'Boss Character's appear on other stages' statement if Ridley got confirmed. Regardless, I think it's accurate so far - The New Gematsu leak. *Cue Ghirahim and Ridley getting dropped for Pichu:pichumelee: and it no longer damages itself*

These are just my opinions, so please understand.

Maxilian

Smash Ace

Why do you dislike Ghirahim so much? (i understand that you may want a character over another, but i don't understand why would you hate him) :drohmy:

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I think this theory has weight but I'm not considering it 100% true. If it turns out to not be right I'll just shrug. If it turns out to be right I'll probably just shrug, then go on Smashboards and complain about franchise over saturation because I don't think even Pokemon or Mario needs over 4 reps. Zelda getting 5 or perhaps 6 would be overkill. I'd be happy because I love TLOZ but, like, come on. I'd almost prefer a second Sonic character to 6th character in a franchise. I think that's saying something haha.
That said. Chibi-Robo 4 Smash :cool:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I think this theory has weight but I'm not considering it 100% true. If it turns out to not be right I'll just shrug. If it turns out to be right I'll probably just shrug, then go on Smashboards and complain about franchise over saturation because I don't think even Pokemon or Mario needs over 4 reps. Zelda getting 5 or perhaps 6 would be overkill. I'd be happy because I love TLOZ but, like, come on. I'd almost prefer a second Sonic character to 6th character in a franchise. I think that's saying something haha.
That said. Chibi-Robo 4 Smash :cool:
I would also be like you if it doesn't end up happening but if it happens i will really happy... why? cause GHIRAHIM! also... i won't compare Pokemon, Zelda or Mario to Sonic, mostly because Sonic is a third party game, so it would make sense if Nintendo only give us one 3rd party character per game (i mean... only 1 playable sonic character) and IMO is ok to have 6 or 7 character of 1 franchise, even more if those character represent different games of that series, but i agree that it should always be a limit (to make sure the roster feel as complete as possible)

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Why do you dislike Ghirahim so much? (i understand that you may want a character over another, but i don't understand why would you hate him) :drohmy:
Because he's a comically evil one-off villain whose inclusion would be all about recency over relevance, lastability, or popularity.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I would also be like you if it doesn't end up happening but if it happens i will really happy... why? cause GHIRAHIM! also... i won't compare Pokemon, Zelda or Mario to Sonic, mostly because Sonic is a third party game, so it would make sense if Nintendo only give us one 3rd party character per game (i mean... only 1 playable sonic character) and IMO is ok to have 6 or 7 character of 1 franchise, even more if those character represent different games of that series, but i agree that it should always be a limit (to make sure the roster feel as complete as possible)
I said Sonic because I wanted to show just how much I dislike the fact we get massive representation of franchises. If I would prefer a THIRD PARTY to get more than one character in their franchise than have over 4 characters in another franchise then I think it really shows how annoyed I am by the occurrence.
I agree it's ok to have that many characters. I mean, I'm not really mad about it. Especially, as you said, if they represent different games. It's just kind of annoying that certain franchises get far better treatment over others. I'm pretty OK with Pokemon because I feel each character does a very good job of representing Pokemon as a whole. I'm OK with Zelda because it represents the franchise very well (aside from the no Ganondorf? I think he'll be unlockable. I hope he will haha). And I am very OK with Mario having a ton of reps. The main 4 are the embodiment of Mario while Rosalina kind of represents the modern Mario along with coming from two of Mario's most memorable adventures.
While I'm annoyed by this happening, I understand why. Mario is Nintendo's bread and butter. I don't think many people won't recognize Mario. I heard a study at once time said more people recognized Mario than Mickey Mouse. MORE THAN MICKEY MOUSE. That is insane. I'd never ask them to limit the Mario or Zelda, Pokemon... Heck. No series does not deserve over 4 reps in my eyes. Gimmie 5 reps from the Game & Watch games! But I do wish they would limit the amount.

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
So ghirahim got the boot, and the "ballad of the godess" appeared in todays main pic...
It also lists the song as "Ballad of the Goddess / Ghirahim's Theme", so maybe this trophy did hint at Ghirahim, but only as an assist trophy. Which means them hinting at Ridley could just be them hinting at Ridley as a stage boss.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Could somebody change the thread's title to Robin (confirmed), Impa, Palutena (confirmed), Ridley?

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
It also lists the song as "Ballad of the Goddess / Ghirahim's Theme", so maybe this trophy did hint at Ghirahim, but only as an assist trophy. Which means them hinting at Ridley could just be them hinting at Ridley as a stage boss.
If that were to be the case, I don't think the trophies were hinting at anything at all.

TeamFlareZakk

I told you so ~ Drowning Pool

Anyway, yah, its as I thought, I don't think we're getting a new Zelda character at all, Fi might of been to simply tell us there's still another Zelda character, which is obviously Ganondorf.

Again Impa would of been a good idea, if stupid Sheik wasn't in.

Thus Impa joins the battle, as a Sheik costume because se is after all a Sheikah.

I don't think it makes much sense to have two Sheikah characters in, its like adding a Gerudo chick, then adding Nabooru.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I personally believe that the Trophy Quiz has already completed it's prophecy, but not all in the way people assume.

Tiki (Fire Emblem: Awakening): Anyone with relative knowledge of Fire Emblem or the 3DS library knew Awakening was MASSIVE for both. With the reveal of Arena Ferox, a newcomer of some sort was all but confirmed. However, Tiki and Id ~ Purpose both pointed to Robin. Tiki can only marry Robin and says how he, not Chrom, reminds her greatly of her Marmar (The hero king, Marth).

Fi (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword): The hint here lies in the Ballad of the Goddess. It is fairly common knowledge that this song is a disguised, reversed Zelda's Lullaby from Ocarina of Time. OoT was Sheik's only role: as a disguised Zelda. More abstract and straw-grasping reasoning, but it is one that can lead to the Theory being true at all.

Pseudo-Palutena (Kid Icarus: Uprising): Sakurai directly hinting at his knowledge of the fake Palutena leak but also indirectly confirm her. The simplest and most commonly accepted part.

King Khihunter (Metroid: Other M): While many try to apply this to Ridley, I see another angle. Other M is the second and most recent game with Zero Suit Samus playable. Like Sheik, this trophy was a hint to her returning even though character-swapping transformations were removed, UNLIKE Squirtle and Ivysaur.

TL;DR: The trophies truly hinted at Robin, Sheik, Palutena, and Zero Suit Samus. A new perspective on this 4-month old theory that I have had for a while and think some people would enjoy reading.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I personally believe that the Trophy Quiz has already completed it's prophecy, but not all in the way people assume.

Tiki (Fire Emblem: Awakening): Anyone with relative knowledge of Fire Emblem or the 3DS library knew Awakening was MASSIVE for both. With the reveal of Arena Ferox, a newcomer of some sort was all but confirmed. However, Tiki and Id ~ Purpose both pointed to Robin. Tiki can only marry Robin and says how he, not Chrom, reminds her greatly of her Marmar (The hero king, Marth).

Fi (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword): The hint here lies in the Ballad of the Goddess. It is fairly common knowledge that this song is a disguised, reversed Zelda's Lullaby from Ocarina of Time. OoT was Sheik's only role: as a disguised Zelda. More abstract and straw-grasping reasoning, but it is one that can lead to the Theory being true at all.

Pseudo-Palutena (Kid Icarus: Uprising): Sakurai directly hinting at his knowledge of the fake Palutena leak but also indirectly confirm her. The simplest and most commonly accepted part.

King Khihunter (Metroid: Other M): While many try to apply this to Ridley, I see another angle. Other M is the second and most recent game with Zero Suit Samus playable. Like Sheik, this trophy was a hint to her returning even though character-swapping transformations were removed, UNLIKE Squirtle and Ivysaur.

TL;DR: The trophies truly hinted at Robin, Sheik, Palutena, and Zero Suit Samus. A new perspective on this 4-month old theory that I have had for a while and think some people would enjoy reading.
The problem is that Sheik and ZSS were both shown in the same direct as the trophies. ZSS was even shown before the King Kihunter trophy.

It would be pointless to hint at a character being revealed in 5 minutes.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Plus Ridley's Other M theme was playing in the background when King Kihunter's trophy was being shown... I understand trying to take an alternative approach on the whole theory, but that was in no way a hint to ZSS.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I've known about this theory for awhile. Seems to be an interesting theory now it's 2/4 in terms of the hints so far. Ridley is pretty much the only Metroid character hinted at with the King Kihunter trophy while his theme is playing. Since Ghirahim was confirmed to be an assist trophy, Impa seems to be more popular choice for a Zelda newcomer. How does Impa connect with Fi from Skyward Sword and the song that was playing? (Ballad of the Goddess)

TeamFlareZakk

I've known about this theory for awhile. Seems to be an interesting theory now it's 2/4 in terms of the hints so far. Ridley is pretty much the only Metroid character hinted at with the King Kihunter trophy while his theme is playing. Since Ghirahim was confirmed to be an assist trophy, Impa seems to be more popular choice for a Zelda newcomer. How does Impa connect with Fi from Skyward Sword and the song that was playing? (Ballad of the Goddess)
She doesn't, as I said it could simply just mean there is another Zelda character, it doesn't necessarily mean there's a new character though, it could just mean there's more characters as in Ganondorf.

The only thing that makes Metroid and Kid Icarus different is that Pit was the only guy in Brawl and same goes for Samus, and just recently we got Zero Suit due to the decision of separating transformation characters.

Fire Emblem we knew there was more, I wonder how many thought it was Chrom and that was it, lol, this is a good example of the theory that these trophies could merely mean more characters, not exactly new characters, I think there is going to be that one out of four that doesn't get a new character and of these I'd say Zelda would be that series, thus meaning Fi was merely hinting Ganondorf.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
This is quite the predicament. Are we really getting a Zelda newcomer, or is Ganondorf getting the Bowser Treatment? With Ghirahim shoved away, there's only Impa left, and she's not exactly your stand-out character in The Legend of Zelda franchise, (Stand-out meaning unique personality that is easily remembered, like Ghirahim or Groose or Midna...) and I'm not sure if The Legend of Zelda deserves six playable representing characters in Smash Bros. These characters are: Link:4link:Zelda:4zelda:Sheik:4sheik:Toon Link:4tlink: and Ganondorf :ganondorf: (assuming he hasn't been cut, which is incredibly unlikely) and possibly Impa. Is this overrepresentation?

Metroid, on the other hand... Ridley. Just Ridley. I never thought I'd say this, but Ridley's incredibly likely at this point in time unless Sakurai comes out and say he's not in the game as a playable character. The Metroid series really only has one playable representing character, and that is Samus Aran, both in her Varia Suit :4samus:and her Zero Suit:4zss:. (Unless, plot-twist!
Varia Suit Samus is the SA-X
, Then we'd have two separate characters) The next important character in the Metroid series is none other than Ridley, the one who made Samus who she is when he murdered her parents. I'm starting to think that Samus and Ridley deserve to fight it out in Super Smash Bros, as playable characters in the final version. Ridley especially - He's appeared in all the Smash Bros games that Samus has appeared in (Since Samus is part of the Original 12:samus64::samusmelee::samus2::4samus:), in some shape or form: Background character in Planet Zebes: Part of the opening of Melee and honorary Trophy to boot, UNUSED ASSIST TROPHY DATA in Brawl AND TWICE AS A BOSS IN THE SUBSPACE EMISSARY...!

I've got nothing more to say. Release the Rids!!! \0o0/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa does have a connection to the Ballad of the Goddess! Quite a big one. In Skyward Sword, old Impa teaches Link the song on the Harp. And Zelda's Lullaby was the song that Impa teached Link in Ocarina of Time to. So yes, we know who to expect now right?

Also, as with the connection to Fi, there's one. Fi was basically the guide of Link in the 'surface' of Skyward Sword, while Impa was Zelda's guide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom