• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do the ICs have a release grab infinite?

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to get it right for a while, it's not too hard to set up but Nana keeps messing it up. I'm not sure if it's actually possible because of what Nana does.

Basically, you alternate fthrows until Nana has em, and you move Popo in front of her and turn to face her. Then just mash Z as FAST as you can and what will happen will be a release into a catch, over and over again... only problem is I'm not sure if you can stop Nana from turning around and moving towards you (really annoying when this happens), but all I can say is I think you just have to mash Z as fast as you possibly can to make sure she just spams her standing grab. I set grab to X and Z and tried alternating the button presses but that didn't turn out too well...

So far I was able to get four releases on Lucas, it might work on anyone. Anyone able to test this? I haven't been getting the best of results =/ If I do better I'll put a video up, otherwise yea.

Rykard

Smash Ace
hmm this is a new take on the release grab. normally its just mash z and walk forward with the ice climber that isnt currently grabbing

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've been trying to get it right for a while, it's not too hard to set up but Nana keeps messing it up. I'm not sure if it's actually possible because of what Nana does.

Basically, you alternate fthrows until Nana has em, and you move Popo in front of her and turn to face her. Then just mash Z as FAST as you can and what will happen will be a release into a catch, over and over again... only problem is I'm not sure if you can stop Nana from turning around and moving towards you (really annoying when this happens), but all I can say is I think you just have to mash Z as fast as you possibly can to make sure she just spams her standing grab. I set grab to X and Z and tried alternating the button presses but that didn't turn out too well...

So far I was able to get four releases on Lucas, it might work on anyone. Anyone able to test this? I haven't been getting the best of results =/ If I do better I'll put a video up, otherwise yea.
Yes, this works. You can also do it with nana, you just can't turn around.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Yea, it's hard to avoid not turning around. Any tips? ^^; Just mash Z or try and time it so as soon as the animation ends you press it again?

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
I think so, plus I also think that you might be able to throw in a smash attack in between grabs, that is if the attack doesn't make the other IC drop him. =P

Yea it's not hard to set up, it's just hard to keep going.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
this isn't that difficult to pull off.
press the control stick just enough so that nana moves, but not enough for popo to throw. pummel with popo until you let go, then regrab with nana. you can walk behind them and regrab, but moving too far from nana will make the AI take over and have nana throw, so know how far away you can move before that happens

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
i thinks it's easier.
if you want to get to the edge with less risk of messing up...
and it's a lot more frustrating for the opponent to watch since it's a lot slower lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's also avoidable, people can force jump releases since they don't pummel fast enough.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I use this close to walls by chainthrow to the wall and then just spamming grabs (aka not letting the opponent jump break). I don´t recommend using it alot since it damages VERY slow and if you often do this you probably will get your grab button (Z) getting broken alot faster.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
It's also avoidable, people can force jump releases since they don't pummel fast enough.
isn't this only with characters whose feet don't touch the ground while in a grab?
i'm not positive of the mechanics of jump breaks but i'm pretty sure they don't do it if they're feet are on the ground (which is alot in the climbers' case since they're shorter than most)

Top Bottom