• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Do spirits/ATs deconfirm" discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-come-on-lets-get-this-show-on-the-road-geno-dlc.446378/page-401#post-22776278
PolarPanda stated that it may be possible for AT to become fighters.
I'm thinking that wave 2 will happen when wave 1 is successful but possibly what I think it will the best way to get the fighters pass to sell the best only if one or two DLC fighters have to be Lloyd Irving due to Tales merchandise being popular with women in Japan or/and Banjo (and Kazooie) who is the most wanted 3rd party fighter that needs its series a revival but has a very low chance to join in as a fighter just before dataminers discovered two Rareware IPs within the files of Smash Ultimate.
I think you bring up a good point, all of this only applies to the first wave of DLC. IF they decide to do more DLC after the first wave they will be in a position where the planning didn't start until after Smash has released so where before they wouldn't have added them as a Spirit/AT if they planned for them to be DLC now anyone will be fair game.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I think Spirits/Assist Trophy and even Pokeball Pokemon are disconfirm for base roster. But I don't think they are a disconfirm for DLC though since I don't think Smash 4 DLC not having AT/Pokeball promotion is a good enough indication that Ultimate's DLC won't have AT/Pokeball promotion.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I think Spirits/Assist Trophy and even Pokeball Pokemon are disconfirm for base roster. But I don't think they are a disconfirm for DLC though since I don't think Smash 4 DLC not having AT/Pokeball promotion is a good enough indication that Ultimate's DLC won't have AT/Pokeball promotion.
I don’t think it is fair to compare the 2 DLC waves. Smash 4’s DLC had a major emphasis on bringing back missing veterans. In fact, that took up 3 of the 7 DLC characters we got. In Ultimate, we have every veteran back, so that isnt a possibility this time around. They could either do all brand new characters, or please the fanbase back adding some fan favorite Assists to the roster. We will see.

Tubby_Squirrel

Cheerful, fat rodent
Switch FC
3618-6481-0607
I think one thing to note would be this: Even if we were to assume that spirits 100% deconfirm fighters, this still means certain characters that are spirits can still be fighters if there are multiple of that character, such as the Pokemon spirits including at least 3 'Pikachu' spirits. Or if there are multiple persona's or incarnations of that character, such as Kaptain K.Rool being a spirit even though its the same K.Rool.

So characters like Impa, who have multiple canonically separate incarnations, could still potentially be fighters even if some form of them is already a spirit.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I think one thing to note would be this: Even if we were to assume that spirits 100% deconfirm fighters, this still means certain characters that are spirits can still be fighters if there are multiple of that character, such as the Pokemon spirits including at least 3 'Pikachu' spirits. Or if there are multiple persona's or incarnations of that character, such as Kaptain K.Rool being a spirit even though its the same K.Rool.

So characters like Impa, who have multiple canonically separate incarnations, could still potentially be fighters even if some form of them is already a spirit.
ehh the difference here is that they differentiate those spirits in a way they don't for anyone else, its not Impa (OoT) its just Impa. Of course that doesn't mean they couldn't adjust it but they haven't shown ever changing any of the spirits yet so there is no evidence that its something they would be willing to do.

toonito

Smash Ace
IDK about spirits but so far in 4 games we've never had an AT playable in the same game so IMO ATs are hard deconfirms. Sakurai can always switch it up but it's safe to assume for now AT = not playable.

With Isabelle, Dark Samus, and Little Mac being promoted current ATs have a >0% chance of being playable in Smash 6.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
IDK about spirits but so far in 4 games we've never had an AT playable in the same game so IMO ATs are hard deconfirms. Sakurai can always switch it up but it's safe to assume for now AT = not playable.

With Isabelle, Dark Samus, and Little Mac being promoted current ATs have a >0% chance of being playable in Smash 6.
Ok but in those 4 games only 2 have had ATs and only one of those even had DLC. DLC that I will remind you had no Nintendo newcomers outside of the one character that Sakurai was asked to add by management. Relying on the fact that it hasn't happened yet is not good evidence when there's no actual pattern to draw from.

toonito

Smash Ace
Ok but in those 4 games only 2 have had ATs and only one of those even had DLC. DLC that I will remind you had no Nintendo newcomers outside of the one character that Sakurai was asked to add by management. Relying on the fact that it hasn't happened yet is not good evidence when there's no actual pattern to draw from.
fair enough

Until a current AT becomes playable I'm not giving myself false hope. If it happens great, a cool surprise if not then ok.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
fair enough

Until a current AT becomes playable I'm not giving myself false hope. If it happens great, a cool surprise if not then ok.
Totally understand mate. I don't expect it either but I just try to remind people there's no reason it can't happen seeing as the fan rule has become fact to most people.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My take:

Assist Trophies: yes
Bosses: yes
Mii costumes: maybe
Stage cameos like Viridi and Captain Toad (excluding Conductor Link, who’s replaced by Alfonso when Toon Link is on the field): maybe
Final Smash cameos: no (look at Chrom, and no I don’t care that he’s supposedly a “last minute addition”)
Spirits: no

Last edited:

Tubby_Squirrel

Cheerful, fat rodent
Switch FC
3618-6481-0607
My take:

Assist Trophies: yes
Bosses: yes
Mii costumes: maybe
Stage cameos like Viridi and Captain Toad: maybe
Final Smash cameos: no (look at Chrom, and no I don’t care that he’s supposedly a “last minute addition”)
Spirits: no
Zelda, Daisy, Peach, Meta Knight, and Wario have Mii headgear.

Link, Isabelle, Inkling, K.Rool, Chrom, Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, Mario have full Mii costumes.

I'd confidently lean that Mii costumes mean nothing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Zelda, Daisy, Peach, Meta Knight, and Wario have Mii headgear.

Link, Isabelle, Inkling, K.Rool, Chrom, Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, Mario have full Mii costumes.

I'd confidently lean that Mii costumes mean nothing.
Normally I’d say that, but the way Sakurai said Rex was “too soon for the project” when they revealed his Mii costume kinda makes me think otherwise

It’s a 50-50 I maintain, but it would mean nothing for already confirmed characters at least, like the ones you mentioned.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Wave 1: Yes. Mii costumes, Spirits, ATs, the works. I feel these are dead in the water.

Wave 2: Let me start by saying I am sure this will happen. Smash sells, it breaks the internet. Nintendo knows this, there are so many placeholder spots. I feel for Wave 2 Nintendo will let anything go.

Tubby_Squirrel

Cheerful, fat rodent
Switch FC
3618-6481-0607
Wave 1: Yes. Mii costumes, Spirits, ATs, the works. I feel these are dead in the water.

Wave 2: Let me start by saying I am sure this will happen. Smash sells, it breaks the internet. Nintendo knows this, there are so many placeholder spots. I feel for Wave 2 Nintendo will let anything go.
Fox, Isabelle, Samus, Link, K.Rool and Inkling all de-confirmed? :(

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I don't think anything, outside of Assist Trophies prolly, deconfirm their potential to come back in the future; I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom