• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do people still play brawl???

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
My favorite thing about Brawl might be momentum canceling for survival. The only Smash game where you don't just hope you survive the launch. I would play Brawl in tournaments still if they had them where I live. Although, I would not try to start Brawl tournaments outside of side events for fun.

VagueKittens

Smash Rookie
Melee had several mistakes. An abundance of glitches, and as did brawl. The main difference being the glitches in Melee made the game what it is now. It's a game that uses exploits to become fast and active. Brawl has several exploits but the over all game is slow and boring.
Brawl is a game where you play the top tiers, everyone else is practically useless. I wish I had a losing chance in brawl when using Meta Knight. In Melee I can definitely lose even when playing Fox because in Melee there are less characters over all. They cared more about each and their move set (expect Kirby and Pichu.) In Brawl they gave up all hope on an active game and proportionally 90% pf the characters are utterly useless.

I love Melee because it's playable and fun. I can love it if I am new or competitive. I wont just win if I play Fox, he requires skill.
I dislike Brawl because it only fun if you haven't played Melee. I will win if I play Meta Knight. ZSS, and Diddy Kong.

NOW SMASH 4 is like woah, because it took all of the mistakes Brawl made and fixed em', Why play Brawl. I have Smash 4. It's a more balanced game, it has an online mode that works (kinda), it fixes all the mechanics. I have no reason to play Brawl.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Melee had several mistakes. An abundance of glitches, and as did brawl. The main difference being the glitches in Melee made the game what it is now. It's a game that uses exploits to become fast and active. Brawl has several exploits but the over all game is slow and boring.
Brawl is a game where you play the top tiers, everyone else is practically useless. I wish I had a losing chance in brawl when using Meta Knight. In Melee I can definitely lose even when playing Fox because in Melee there are less characters over all. They cared more about each and their move set (expect Kirby and Pichu.) In Brawl they gave up all hope on an active game and proportionally 90% pf the characters are utterly useless.

I love Melee because it's playable and fun. I can love it if I am new or competitive. I wont just win if I play Fox, he requires skill.
I dislike Brawl because it only fun if you haven't played Melee. I will win if I play Meta Knight. ZSS, and Diddy Kong.

NOW SMASH 4 is like woah, because it took all of the mistakes Brawl made and fixed em', Why play Brawl. I have Smash 4. It's a more balanced game, it has an online mode that works (kinda), it fixes all the mechanics. I have no reason to play Brawl.
I play it when I want to relax a bit after playing competitively. That damn Manaphy. :chuckle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom