• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do NOT play Olimar on Hanenbow!

M.K

Level 55
I was playing an online match today as Olimar against a White Meta-Knight and a Dark Toon Link. For some reason, I could ONLY pluck three Pikmin, which turned out to be White/Yellow/Red Pikmin. Whenever I did an attack, Olimar would act like I didn't have any Pikmin and fumble. I couldn't pluck any more Pikmin either. I don't know WHAT happened, I tried whistling and everything. So just a piece of advice, do NOT play Olimar on that Hanenbow stage!

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
That sounds very unusual, like a glitch or something. My guess is that the match was affected severely by lag, and due to lag, you were not able to pluck out all 6 Pikmin. Also, I haven't had any personal problems with that map, either.

Fino

Smash Master
No, a map I find that all pikmin players should avoid is skyworld... everytime I play that map it's an utter mess for the already tricky recovery.

While on the topic of bad maps, anyone else have trouble on maps with olimar / solutions to the problem?

~Fino

Pyr0

Smash Ace
No, a map I find that all pikmin players should avoid is skyworld... everytime I play that map it's an utter mess for the already tricky recovery.

While on the topic of bad maps, anyone else have trouble on maps with olimar / solutions to the problem?

~Fino
Skyworld is easy to abuse, since ALL platforms have ledges, I actually use them to get invincibilty frames by using Up+B and pressing A.

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
Very very rarely will ALL the platforms be destroyed...
DK can take out all 4 bottom platforms in less than 2 seconds. Lucas can take out 2 at a time with a single Dsmash. Ike can take out quite a bit very quickly. The list goes on--if you're doing a 1v1 at Skyworld, the person will make it a point to destroy as many platforms as they can.

Skyworld is, in my experience, Oli's worst stage.

Mitsuko

Smash Apprentice
It sounds like gohst pikmin to me, basicly, that means that the game thinks you have pikmin, but you really don't.

Arkio

Smash Cadet
Skyworld has been AWFUL for my Olimar so many times. I go to tether he says "Oh, did i break that platform right before you grabbed??? sorry" then i die.

Or they sometimes kick me through the bottom cloud if the platform there is broken, then i cant tether back cause my pikmin don't follow through the cloud very fast.

Top Bottom