• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

do Luigi's sound effects annoy you?

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
i hate luigi's sfx it really annoys me when he makes the ear piecing rapid fire running punch groan and rather hear new fox speak all day than hearing that. i have always hated luigi but atleast in 64 and melee he sounded like mario. i dont know why but luigi's groans piss me off. does anyone else feel that way? lets converse...
:4luigi:+VOICE=RAGE!!!!!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
i hate luigi's sfx it really annoys me when he makes the ear piecing rapid fire running punch groan and rather hear new fox speak all day than hearing that. i have always hated luigi but atleast in 64 and melee he sounded like mario. i dont know why but luigi's groans piss me off. does anyone else feel that way? lets converse...
:4luigi:+VOICE=RAGE!!!!!
Fox.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
Hearing :4ness: say pk anything is a lot more annoying.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Luigi sounds like Luigi, he's cool.

Ness' new voice is the best thing ever, as par the course with him sharing Kirby's actress.

Fox sounds like Steve Urkel, and his grunts sound like a different person entirely.

Falco isn't so much awful as he is... boring. He had personality in Brawl, now he just blandly says things.

Marth is still Nihonjin.

Everything else is alright.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It disturbs me that there were only two periods in that. And no caps.
My tingling grammar senses aside, I'm pretty sure you're literally the only person who thinks and/or cares about this. You don't know true satisfaction until you've landed a Fire Jump Punch. Now if you want to talk about annoying voices, Fox, Sonic, Falco, and Ness are all open to discussion.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
ness is not bad why do you mock ness how dare you
Didn't mean to offend you lol my bad,fighting the constant amount of nesses online must of got me hearing pk Fire over and over again.

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
:falconmelee:<( I swear to god if I hear one more PK fire...)
:nessmelee:<(PK-)
:falconmelee:<(Falcon-)
:nessmelee:<(FI-)
:falconmelee:<(PUUUUUUUUUUUNCH! YES!)

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
At least Luigi sounds like Luigi. And then there's Fox, Sonic, Bowser, DK [I prefer their actual voices, IMO], Falco, Sonic, did I mention Sonic?

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Dude that's what makes Luigi so great! He's an annoying combo character with annoying sounds!

It has a higher frustration rate on your opponents so they get desperate to kill you! Luigi is a silly character to be played seriously with, which makes him great. I personally like to use luigi to make fools out of players on 1v1 and try to be annoying.

_gold_

Smash Master
I find his voice soothing... not really. But neither do I find it annoying.
On the other hand, I do want to punch a wall every time I hear "Arc Fire!"

Last edited:

JAVAJAVA

Smash Rookie
I don't even play as fox because his voice annoys me. It's a shame because he used to be one of my favorites in melee

D

Deleted member

Luigi's voice only mildly ticked me off because his voices were just high pitched Mario voices. I was happy to hear his voice change to his actual voice in the games in Brawl and 4.
Luigi's voice doesn't annoy me because it's the voice that I've heard for over 15-17 years. Didn't annoy me in Brawl, doesn't annoy me here.

If anything, Fox's voice is annoying; it was perfect in Brawl and now we have... that.

TriTails

Smash Lord
It's pretty awesome. The only thing that bothers me is his jumping animation. So awkward that it often puzzles me where he will actually end up.

Meanwhile, we have our 'HEEAAARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!' and 'HURRRRYYEEAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!' and maybe some 'SAWNIC SPEED!' 'FAYAH!' 'PK THUNDER UWAHHHH!' and most importantly.....

*WWIEENGG! BOOM!*

I swear, Charizards in 2v2 spams that ALL OVER AGAIN!

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
I try not to kill Fox off the top of the stage because that screech is just.. ughhhidsafjoewfjiwpfpi

KOing Duck Hunt off the top probably alerts PETA every time it happens, such a sad noise :(

TriTails

Smash Lord
I try not to kill Fox off the top of the stage because that screech is just.. ughhhidsafjoewfjiwpfpi

KOing Duck Hunt off the top probably alerts PETA every time it happens, such a sad noise :(
Unfortunately, doing that as Luigi is hard. Lots of his KO moves kill off the top.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
You're asking this on the Luigi boards? Where the people who main Luigi gather? Where most people like Luigi?
...Why...?

Heck no, it doesn't annoy me. Luigi is awesome!

sims796

Smash Cadet
*HAIYAIYAIYAIYAH*
*YOU'RE TOO SLOW! YOU'RE TOO SLOW! YOU'RE TOO SLOW!*
*AHM REALLY FEEELING IT!*
*LA LALA LALA LA*
*PK FWASH*
*PEEKAY FIAR*
*HAI*
*HO! HAH! HEE! HEH! HOOM!*
*PIKA-CHUUU! PIKA-CHUUU! PIKA-CHUUU!*
*PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW*

What did I miss?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I often burst out laughing when I hear it.

More on topic, Luigi's voice is the same as in Brawl, deeper than Mario. I like it.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi sounds like he ingested a ton of helium in Melee.

That would explain why he's so floaty...haha.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Luigi has annoying sound effects? I never noticed. They are what makes Luigi...well, Luigi. Luigi shouldn't be sounding like Mario anyway, so I don't know what the deal is.

Fox has a crap voice now, and Falco's isn't much better.

I prefer Ness' SSBB voice, but this one isn't outright bad.

Luigi-man

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yassinius
3DS FC
5284-1979-1070

KOing Duck Hunt off the top probably alerts PETA every time it happens, such a sad noise:(
In my opinion, it's one of the most satisfying sounds in the series :p

I really like Luigi's sound effects. They're really quirky and give Luigi personality, unlike the first 2 games of the series where he was nothing more than a high-pitched Mario...

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
In my opinion, it's one of the most satisfying sounds in the series :p

I really like Luigi's sound effects. They're really quirky and give Luigi personality, unlike the first 2 games of the series where he was nothing more than a high-pitched Mario...
It's surprising that they didn't even bother giving him his own voice in Melee despite him having his own voice in Mario Kart 64 two years earlier. I mean it's understandable in Smash 64 because it was low-budget and stuff, but you'd think by Melee they would've at least bothered to record unique voice clips for Luigi.

Luigi-man

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yassinius
3DS FC
5284-1979-1070
It's surprising that they didn't even bother giving him his own voice in Melee despite him having his own voice in Mario Kart 64 two years earlier. I mean it's understandable in Smash 64 because it was low-budget and stuff, but you'd think by Melee they would've at least bothered to record unique voice clips for Luigi.
They were kinda lazy in that aspect. Mario also only got re-used Super Mario 64 voice clips.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
No. His voice/sound effects are fantastic, and are partially why I main him haha.

Top Bottom