• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do I just suck or...

Dr. Ness

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or is throwing someone into the air almost useless. I feel like the only characters that I can combo with mid air are Mario and Dr. Mario. I mean yeah, I use aerials with characters like Ness's foward aerial, but I still stay on the ground right after. Part of the reason is the air dodge spam, and while it leaves them open for another attack, I find it hard to get multiple attacks in while in mid air.

Please be gentle.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Being in the air in this game is disadvantageous due to the terrible landing lag this game has. So even if you can't combo, its generally good to get your opponent into the air. Gives you good stage control and an advantage in the match.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
At high percents of you're in the middle of a stage you can up throw for a kill... Sometimes. If you're on the edge it's usually better to just toss them off the side, whether it's a back of forward throw.

At lower percents I generally down throw so that they bounce into the air shortly above me and i can f-air them or something like that.

Top Bottom