• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMT 9: Genesis Aftermath!

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Time for another rendition of Dakpo's Monthly Tournament :) First off i want to say that It brings a smile to my face to see all the smashers we have picked along the way from holding these tournaments! Lets try to boost our attendance rate and have a great time.

Contact Information- Dakpo/Dakota 806-626-2851

Time: Saturday, July 30th
Brawl starts at 2:00 P.M.
Location: Recycled Entertainment: 4400 Washington Suite H Amarillo, TX, 79110

Entry Fee

Brawl Singles- $5 (might rise if Out of Town/State request it)
Brawl Doubles- $10 per team ($5 per person)
Brawl Rules
Click for Brawl Rules
Brawl
bi-
winnings
1st 65%
2nd 25%
3rd 10%

Brawl Minus Side Event!!!
Free entry :)

Smoom77

Smash Master
xyro on smoom

remember, if u guys get low turnout again, this event wont count as much as a normal event. you points gained/lost per win will cut in HALF.

example:

xyro beats dakpo in winner bracket at hobo. id normally gain like 6-8 points just for beating him. but since this isnt as big as hobo(DMT run about 8-13) i would only get 3-4 points. it goes down even more if i were to beat him in losers.

the previous 2 DMT were counted as small too. i hate having to do this but because so few people enter its unfair for joe bob(for example) to gain HOBO sized points and it was only an 8 man event.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
xyro on smoom

remember, if u guys get low turnout again, this event wont count as much as a normal event. you points gained/lost per win will cut in HALF.

example:

xyro beats dakpo in winner bracket at hobo. id normally gain like 6-8 points just for beating him. but since this isnt as big as hobo(DMT run about 8-13) i would only get 3-4 points. it goes down even more if i were to beat him in losers.

the previous 2 DMT were counted as small too. i hate having to do this but because so few people enter its unfair for joe bob(for example) to gain HOBO sized points and it was only an 8 man event.
That sounds fair, but please could you specify that in the PR thread as a factor that affects points? Thanks.

NomadicAce

Smash Rookie
Hey, I have not played in a long while (use to play in Minneapolis and a short time in Dallas), but I think I am going to try and make it out to this tournament. If anyone in Lubbock wants to play sometime this week just send me a message.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Hey, I have not played in a long while (use to play in Minneapolis and a short time in Dallas), but I think I am going to try and make it out to this tournament. If anyone in Lubbock wants to play sometime this week just send me a message.
Cool, do you live in or near Lubbock? We could set something up this week. I'm thinking wednesday or thursday night.

NomadicAce

Smash Rookie
I do live in Lubbock, on the west side of the Texas Tech campus. Very close to greek circle actually, and sure whatever day works for you guys just let me know.

Denti

Smash Master
Looks like our chances for attending this have increased since Revolution's date has changed. Is there housing Friday and Saturday? I just remember the confusion from last time, haha.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Where are you Bad Karma? We must team once again and this time there's not going to be an annoying double MK to stop us from facing Dakpo and Denti :D

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I'm still trying to get off from work for this! There's also project lab demo day saturday morning I have to attend but hopefully I can take off right after that. This is not the DMT I wanna miss...

So is Brawl- the official side event?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I'm still trying to get off from work for this! There's also project lab demo day saturday morning I have to attend but hopefully I can take off right after that. This is not the DMT I wanna miss...

So is Brawl- the official side event?
not really, got a better idea?

Top Bottom