• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dmash-Footstool-Dair-Double Dsmash combo :]

Shadow Tactics

Smash Cadet
umm....I don't think the innocentroads video you are all talking about is what the OP meant. I doubt he even knows about that tech =o

To do what Shadow Tactics describes, it's really as simple as he says, without any fancy stuff (okay, you have to delay the d-air a little and not do it ASAP, but the window is pretty big):
d-smash -> footstool (the sooner the better) -> d-air into grounded opponent, which forces a get up when they are d-smashed below 10% (I haven't tested it on all characters, so there may be some variation of this figure) -> pivot d-smash -> d-smash -> whatever you want (this leaves you at the perfect distance+damage to follow up with a guaranteed dash attack -> u-tilt, so do that!).

It's really situational but if you land a point blank d-smash on a fresh opponent, you're guaranteed to take them to around 50%.

I've got some replays of this if anyone wants to be nice and upload them for me =)

Mmmhmm, that was my original post, but then by testing it out on ROB we found out about the dair cancel which ultimately turned into an infinite =P

Mr.Ious

Smash Cadet
Guess my main point was that the timing for the infinite and what you originally described are completely different, and they're different techniques. The infinite only works on ROB when you buffer the d-air. If you buffer the d-air on other characters, it doesn't infinite, and it also messes up what you described because the d-air will happen too early, causing them to get hit with both hitboxes, knocking them out of reach of the pivot d-smash.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Potential chain on snake:

This must be done AFTER 15%. It is possible to start it before 15%, but it is much more situational.

From ~15%: Dsmash Snake, then Footstool. The dair must be after 2 frames Snake will fly around in front of ZSS because of the odd way he connects to the dair hitbox. Because dair's landing lag expires before Snake leaves hitstun, it is possible to then dsmash him before he lands, meaning this is not techable. If Snake DIs, it won't matter because he can't DI far enough away that your dsmash won't hit.

For the second one, snake will fly higher and this be able to DI more effectively. By walking forward about a centimeter before dsmashing, the combo remains untechable and thus inescapable. After this, it will be impossible to continue the combo likely because you are probably too close to the side of the stage. So dsmash twice and use an aerial or special of your choice.

From 0%: This is really crazy and probably not worth it. Snake must be near an edge and you must be facing the edge. Dsmash Snake, and then Footstool, however the Footstool must not be delayed past frame 2 (I believe). Snake will then fly behind you and be forced into his "get up" animation (like ShadowTactics originally described). He will then be at a high enough percentage that you can simply continue "from ~15%."

Top Bottom