• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Maybe a few brand new stages? Or some WoL boss stages idk
Looking at the stage select screen, there will be 3 spaces left after CP11's stage is added. Not sure what they could put there but there's definitely options, and also I don't see them adding the boss arenas as they're all flat walkoffs. Personally, I wish they could bring back the Miiverse stage with posts somehow because it was hilarious.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I have work on Tuesday, so I'll get spoiled anyway.

Of all the ways my experience through Ultimate's DLC could end, it's almost fitting that it would end the same way it started; me getting spoiled the identity of the fighter because I couldn't watch on time.

Thanks, life :4pacman: fake laughs hiding real pain
For me it ends close to how it began, in that I have to wake up early as **** for it (I didn't have to wake up early for E3 2018, but I did have to wake up early for the Final Smash Ultimate Presentation).

Except this time I can't go back to sleep because I have to get ready to commute to school.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, if the fighter DOES leak, there'll be several hours at best of a debate over whether it's a legit leak or not, unless it's from an actual credible source.

Tbh, I expect the leak game to ramp up tomorrow. I remember there were quite a few fakes come the day before E3, even one guy making an, albeit kinda ****, Doomguy video.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, if the fighter DOES leak, there'll be several hours at best of a debate over whether it's a legit leak or not, unless it's from an actual credible source.

Tbh, I expect the leak game to ramp up tomorrow. I remember there were quite a few fakes come the day before E3, even one guy making an, albeit kinda ****, Doomguy video.
Watch Vergeben say Master Chief again :4pacman:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The Shin Megami Tensei thread lives on within the hearts of all those who believed!
(and also purchase a copy of Shin Megami Tensei V)

Can't wait to go from
"Boy this character would be cool for Smash DLC" to
"Boy this character would be cool for the next Smash".

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It'd be closed if the fighter leaks?

Why? We'd think it's fake anyway :4pacman:
I mean it's happened once before. :4pacman:

Wait what. What's this about us all getting evicted?
Well it's the DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II thread. Once there's no more DLC to speculate on, the entire sub forum will be closed if previous talks about it are to be believed. I assume that means it will be closed for the presentation as normal and just not open back up after that.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

You know, a small part of me hopes we get a good fake Geno leak.

Just as fake leaks began with Geno, so too do they end.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I have work on the 5th, but it's also exactly one hour before, and also ends right before I have to leave for work.

I think I just lucked out. :dr^_^:

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well it's the DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II thread. Once there's no more DLC to speculate on, the entire sub forum will be closed if previous talks about it are to be believed. I assume that means it will be closed for the presentation as normal and just not open back up after that.
Well, technically speaking, if the fighter doesn't release on the 5th, we still have some stuff to speculate on; Spirit fights.

It ain't over until the fighter's out, people. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Was anyone around when that 4chan leak with the Everyone Is Here presentation happened? I actually read that thread the night it was posted, and I got some weird feeling about it after the whole thing was over, like "man, I got spoiled and didn't notice it."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't think we're gonna have a fake leak that shows actual gameplay. We're probably going to get some shaky-cam mod **** at best.

From here on out, expect nothing but Oops! All textleaks from 4chan, GameFAQs, and whoever else wants to ride the high of internet infamy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd say we're officially at the point with Sora where we were at with Dante for FP5, despite the latter's case being, if memory serves, supported by more than just a 4chan text leak. The discourse really seems to be centring on him, and people with loud voices are spreading the word.

And that's a bit of a worrying place to be, when you're surrounded by people who gloss over all but the headline and have a history of strong reactions.

So it's time to take the necessary precautions.

Last edited:

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Zoroark is still very popular (in the PotY poll that was just posted, it was Top 30 of all Pokemon), it's just not a breakout hit like Lucario (or examples like Greninja) was.

That said, there's trying to not push something too much and not pushing it at all, and Toxtricity finds itself falling into the latter more unfortunately. The only thing I've seen out of it is a TCG set and a promotional art from over a year back, it still hasn't made an appearance in the anime, has only had cameos in the other anime shorts, and it's lacking in merchandise relative to its compatriots.

If we're looking to promotion for potential Smash candidates, Toxtricity wouldn't be anywhere close to the top of the list. Even ignoring Cinderace Pokemon like Corviknight, Zacian/Zamazenta, Dragapult, Urshifu, Inteleon, and Dracovish are seen far more often.
Zoroark had 3 glaring issues tbh.

1# They tried to make lightning strike twice in pushing an "vaguely human furry" Pokemon in the same vein as Lucario, yet it just didn't catch on as big as Lucario did.

2# From a gameplay perspective, Zoroark got completely ****ed over, since its whole gimmick of illusions was ruined by its own home gen introducing Team Preview to competitive fights.

3# And the biggest one of all, is you couldn't get the damn thing without an event, making its accessibility extremely limited.
The point is as both of you mentioned Lucario being lightning in a bottle or a breakout hit. It was more than just the marketed one. Zoarork was marketed and popular but it wasn't Lucario popular.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Was anyone around when that 4chan leak with the Everyone Is Here presentation happened? I actually read that thread the night it was posted, and I got some weird feeling about it after the whole thing was over, like "man, I got spoiled and didn't notice it."
Nope.

From my recollection that leak pretty much flew under the radar here and a majority of other places, and was only recognized after the reveal had happened as a "huh, guess that was true" sort of thing.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Imagine this: They reveal the costumes first and it's this lineup

Crash
Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton
Hollow Knight
Doomguy
Arle Nadja

And CP11 is Rean Schwarzer.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You can say what you like about Zoroark but if Gen 5's push coincided with Smash 4's assembly, that's the character we would've received. And if Zoroark had reached the heights of Lucario but Gen 6 was the one in the promotional rotation, as it was, we still would've missed out on getting the character.

The key pertinent factor in Zoroark's case was timing. And the character just didn't have it.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm with Nekoo Nekoo on ripping the bandaid early like they did with Sephiroth's presentation, so yeah, actually would prefer this lol.
It made sense to rip the bandaid off for Sephiroth because we knew it was Sephiroth in advance and taking Geno out back sooner rather than later was a mercy for Geno's fans.

It doesn't make sense if we don't know the character, especially if the costumes correlate to them (even in a less concrete way, like company affiliation).

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'd say we're officially at the point with Sora where we were at with Dante for FP5, despite the latter's case being, if memory serves, supported by more than just a 4chan text leak. The discourse really seems to be centring on him, and people with loud voices are spreading the word.

And that's a bit of a worrying place to be, when you're surrounded by people who gloss over all but the headline and have a history of strong reactions.

So it's time to take the necessary precautions.

bro move the visor how else are you gonna get SCHWASTED to really appreciate the chaos?

When it's not Sora (because there's no way it is lmao) I'll be disappointed for sure, but I'll go about my day like any other afterwards. At this point the fandom is going to crash and burn regardless of who it is, so just let it burn and do your own thing.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
bro move the visor how else are you gonna get SCHWASTED to really appreciate the chaos?

When it's not Sora I'll be disappointed for sure, but I'll go about my day like any other afterwards. At this point the fandom is going to crash and burn regardless of who it is, so just let it burn and do your own thing.
It's probably best to keep the visor on if I'm starting drinking about 36 hours before the actual show. xD

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Am I missing something how is mii costumes first ripping off the bandaid earlier?
You can say what you like about Zoroark but if Gen 5's push coincided with Smash 4's assembly, that's the character we would've received. And if Zoroark had reached the heights of Lucario but Gen 6 was the one in the promotional rotation, as it was, we still would've missed out on getting the character.

The key pertinent factor in Zoroark's case was timing. And the character just didn't have it.
I mean Smash 4 was the first game to only add 1 Pokemon fighter. If the popularity was great enough I don't think it would be too unreasonable to get Zoarork and Gen 6 both.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Speaking of the Sephiroth presentation, I decided to look back at it because I couldn't recall Miis happening early, then I found out the video now has age restriction. Weird.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Speaking of the Sephiroth presentation, I decided to look back at it because I couldn't recall Miis happening early, then I found out the video now has age restriction. Weird.
Oh it always did. If you don't have an account you have to watch the European version.

EDIT: I'm surprised they still haven't gotten that fixed.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Am I missing something how is mii costumes first ripping off the bandaid earlier?

I mean Smash 4 was the first game to only add 1 Pokemon fighter. If the popularity was great enough I don't think it would be too unreasonable to get Zoarork and Gen 6 both.
If you're going to do that, you would have to cut one of the other original fighters, and then we're getting into a slippery slope of hypotheticals.

I'd posit that after the mandated Pokemon spot, a second spot for another original Pokemon would be rather low priority. There are a lot of popular Pokemon from previous gens, but that didn't stop us from getting only Greninja and only Incineroar these past two times.

Sure, the presentation brutally murdered the hopes of countless Geno fans. Viewer discretion should be advised.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It always had it.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Miis were shown first was simply so Aerith could be in Sephiroth's moveset showcase.

Can't have a down air without stabbing her :4pacman:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
As we get closer to release, I am getting more and more excited. It might be the end of an era but its also the last chapter. And there are still so many awesome posibilities on the table that I cant help myself but feel thrilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom