• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC Leak Disproven

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i really don't give a damn about iceclimbers. I hated them then, I still hate them now. As for Wolf, i'm just sad =( I hope the DLC specualtions are true.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
R.I.P

:cry::crying::snake: :popo::wolf: :lucas:and by extension :ivysaur: :squirtle::crying::cry:
We are gathered here today to say our farewells to 6 veterans. Their whereabouts unknown, it is doubtful they will make a return this time.

You will all be missed. Godspeed.
What if the Pokemon trainer returns with a Charmander, a Wartortle (evolved since Brawl), and a Venusaur (evolved since Brawl) as the grass starter to fill out the water/fire/grass trio?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The only one of those veterans I'll miss is the Ice Climbers, if they really are gone it's a real shame.

I find it kinda hard to believe they would be an unlockable.....and not only that but if there are 5 characters to unlock it seems like they would be the most difficult/time consuming to unlock. Which I can't see the Ice Climbers being. :(

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
leak is real. I am SUPER disappointed. No sukapon, no king k. rool. :cry:

If it is true that duck hunt dog carries a duck on his back that aids with certain attacks and it work similar to how banjo-kazooie would work than my sadness will fade.

maybe there is still hope for dlc.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm glad I'm not one of the stupid ones who believed the leak was through just cuz there's a video... it NEVER a proof until it is officially confirmed by Nintendo.

People nowadays can make everything seem real. They know how to fake something really good and make it look like it is official. There are many ways to proof this. One of the best things is that they want to let it seem hyperrealistic.

Besides, this character selectscreen all black and dark colored is way too different from the fresh white screens we've officially been confirmed with. This wouldn't match at all with the other menu's.

The strange placing of Lucina and Dark Pit, not next to the other relative characters, the lack of some veterans. Blabla... DLC is a nice excuse. Easy to say, not able to disprove. UNTIL Nintendo says so herself.

SO people, one wise lesson: don't believe any leaks. Nintendo makes sure there won't be leaked anything.
While I agree that leaks should be taken with a good amount of skepticism, I wouldn't call those who believe in them stupid - especially when there is a vast amount of evidence pointing to it being true. If these were hoaxes, it would be one of the largest undertakings in Snash history considering all the pictures and videos. I wouldn't call those who think they fake stupid either. Saying any one group is stupid is childish and is detrimental. I would normally agree that I don't believe in anything until it's officially confirmed but these latest leaks convinced me otherwise. At least that Ganondorf, Shulk, and Bowser Jr are playable.

And Nintendo has had things leaked plenty of times before. Countless. The full pokedex in the Pokemon gamess leaked weeks in advanced. I remember reading about Rubyband Saphire leaked info back in the day. Mario Kart 8 information was leaked out. Heck, the entire Brawl roster was leaked and everyone didn't believe it because it had R.O.B. Lol. Nintendo games are leaked constantly.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
the duckhunt dog is kinda cool actually... I hope he's worked out good and funny. It looks like a trolling character. And original. Shulk is someone i really don't give a damn about, just like iceclimbers. Dr. mario would be more loved by me than the regular mario, since the doc doesn't have fludd (I assume...) Dark Pit is really unknown to me. havwn't played kid icarus so i don't know if he has something unique regarding his attacks... I hope so since Sakurai once told us there wouldn't be any clones in the new smash. That was a lie looking at Lucina.

While I agree that leaks should be taken with a good amount of skepticism, I wouldn't call those who believe in them stupid - especially when there is a vast amount of evidence pointing to it being true.
No, not like that... i meant to say that people believe it just because it is on a video. These days that is not a prove since people know how editing videos works. People know Adobe After Effects for example. There are always some of them who do their best really hard to make everything look perfect just for the attention. that's what it is all about anyways. But I don't blame people or call them stupid when they believe a leak, but when the argument is "but there's a video" then they are stupid.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I'd be a-okay with Snake and Lucas in, even if they're DLC. They'd have to be available for the entire lifetime of the Wii U, or an alternate DLC method (data on an SD card?) would be necessary for most Smash tournaments.

EDIT: I'm a Melee player, but having Snake and Lucas in Brawl were almost enough to get me to play the game.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
why asuming snake would return? he's not a Nintendo character and konami just let him have one appearance on smash since that was a friendly thing between konami and nintendo. There's no reason for giving him a comeback. he was just a guest. Anyways i wouldn't care... never liked the way he plays, but it's a butthurt for the snake lovers out there though...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
ICE CLIMBERS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The rest of the roster is fine.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Part of me is still trying to cling to the hope that this whole leak is fake because it really kind of kills the hype for me. It just looks... sloppy. And I really don't want the game to look so sloppy. It makes me pretty sad. Especially with all the unnecessary veteran cuts. I really hope that there is character DLC. If it's needed, I'd be willing to pay to download Ivysaur and Lucas, yeah. It'd help my opinion of Smash 4 a lot. As it is, this leak has really decreased my hype by a lot.

Birdo!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2036-8689-4968
my only main fear is that we somehow won't have the classic 12 veterans.
If one of them is missing (like Ness), I will honestly be pretty pissed.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Part of me is still trying to cling to the hope that this whole leak is fake because it really kind of kills the hype for me. It just looks... sloppy. And I really don't want the game to look so sloppy. It makes me pretty sad. Especially with all the unnecessary veteran cuts. I really hope that there is character DLC. If it's needed, I'd be willing to pay to download Ivysaur and Lucas, yeah. It'd help my opinion of Smash 4 a lot. As it is, this leak has really decreased my hype by a lot.
Yea the leaks have really killed the hype for loads of people! Nintendo needs to do something, reveal something unexpected to the majority (reveal Isaac --- hint, hint.....) and announce other fan favourites not part of this leak!

I am all up for DLC if it brings our favourite characters into the game, as at this point, they can put more characters in! It is also in their best interests to not disappoint fans!

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Because apparently this is the All-Star mode which UNLOCKS only when you have unlocked all characters. And if the lock is still there, that means the leak is missing a few characters which have not yet been unlocked in this build of the game.
If that's the case, then Sakurai still has the power to troll us all.

Knowing Sakurai, he could throw a curveball and reveal someone like Mewtwo midst all of this focus on the leaks if your statement is correct.

Okay, I'm officially hyped again; if all of the characters haven't truly been revealed yet, then that still gives Sakurai a significant chance to do the unexpected :D

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If that's the case, then Sakurai still has the power to troll us all.

Knowing Sakurai, he could throw a curveball and reveal someone like Mewtwo midst all of this focus on the leaks if your statement is correct.

Okay, I'm officially hyped again; if all of the characters haven't truly been revealed yet, then that still gives Sakurai a significant chance to do the unexpected :D
Yea someone like Isaac, Mewtwo, K. Rool would definitely shake things up!

I sincerely want that to happen!

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
The real question is how long will Fox be a bottom tier character before the monks from 20XX come from the future and show us the Way?

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
To all the people here STILL saying "I'm sad that *missing veteran* was cut, why?", please read what's said in the article:

"Through the efforts of several key members in the Smash 4 Leaks Social Group, the DLC leak has been proven false. However, this doesn't mean that the following characters are cut from the game nor that there won't be any DLC content post-release."

Since we can pretty much guarantee the whole roster isn't unlocked thanks to the pic showing All-Star mode locked, we could have up to 5 chars that just aren't unlocked yet (assuming the Mii Fighters don't have a slot on the CSS).

It would personally almost be my favourite roster+ if there are 5 still locked chars, and if they're:
  1. *** Ice Climbers
  2. *** Wolf
  3. ** Chorus Kids
  4. ** Mewtwo
  5. * Lucas
I'm cautiously optimistic, as that COULD still happen.

Hero of Nowhere

Smash Rookie
I'm still hoping that Lucas will come back; if he isn't my hype for the game will be as dead as the characters cut from it - which is a shame as I have been following Sm4sh updates religiously since the website went online.

As for the other characters I, personally, am not too bothered but it is always sad to see a member of the Smash family go. For the ones who are still hoping for the other unconfirmed veterans I hope they get in for your sake and you just have to remember that there is always hope!

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I think Lucas will be an alt for Ness. With the majority of his specials being customizable moves for Ness ( notably PK freeze).

Chorus Kids don't make sense to me. If the 3ds can't handle 8 Ice Climbers, I don't see how it can handle 12 Chorus Kids. Unless it's Marshall.

If Dark Pit is a unique character, then Sakurai really is being biased towards Kid Icarus. I understand Palutena, BUT THIS! So many characters deserve to get in before Dark Pit.

P.S. I have nothing against Dark Pit and he probably is a clone.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I think Lucas will be an alt for Ness. With the majority of his specials being customizable moves for Ness ( notably PK freeze).

Chorus Kids don't make sense to me. If the 3ds can't handle 8 Ice Climbers, I don't see how it can handle 12 Chorus Kids. Unless it's Marshall.

If Dark Pit is a unique character, than Sakurai really is being biased towards Kid Icarus. I understand Palutena, BUT THIS! So many characters deserve to get in before Dark Pit.

P.S. I have nothing against Dark Pit and he probably is a clone.
I do have something against Dark Pit, being against the Kid Icarus series since it's NES release. The series is so... dumb. Even KI:Uprising wasn't very good.

Jay-Vonnie

Smash Rookie
Here's a intersecting idea what if dr.mario had a completely different move set and dark pitt then it wouldn't be so bad dr Mario could use medical gear to fight

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
RIP Wolf & Lucas...i lost 50% less hype for this game...

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
Who honestly thought Nintendo would release a game unfinished?...
DLC (or officially AOC) are not part of the game being "unfinished". DLC/AOC is additional content added afterwards to expand and extend the content of the game.

It annoys me that people think DLC always means they're greedy and don't finish the game. It's not the same thing...

Bames-Jond

Smash Cadet
i do like the roster but wow i really hope we'll see some more character slots where the empty space. i've mained lucas since brawl came out. my main got cut last time, i'll be bummed if it happens again.

also if this is the final thing, it was very cruel of them to throw doc back in but snub mewtwo.

DownsideMadness

Smash Rookie
NNID
audiohades70
R.I.P::popo::ivysaur::snake::lucas::squirtle::wolf: You will be missed ;-;

Ice climbers:You were an awesome character...but we understand y u were cut

Squirtle/Ivysaur:In our hearts you're not so useless...

Snake: ;;;;------;;;;;;; YYYYYYYY!!!!

Lucas:In Brawl u were my main for a while then got addicted to T.link but I would still kick everyone's ass with u

Wolf:in my heart ur not a clone...ur a OP character ;-;
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
I've seen a few people demanding the potential DLC to be free; otherwise claiming Nintendo for being greedy.

But just like the game; DLC costs money to develop and they should be paid for their work.

I understand that some wants it, buy can't pay for it. But just like the game; no payment = no game.

The Mario Kart AOC (3 characters, 4 vehicles, 8 courses) costs only £7. So they're obviously not greedy. Right?

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice

R.I.P.

Wolf - You were never completely a clone. You were at one time my main. So R.I.P. :wolf:

Snake - Even though we knew you'd leave, we still think you're awesome. :snake:

Lucas - even though Ness is my main, you were still really cool and you will not be forgotten. :lucas:

Ice Climbers - I remember the first time i saw you i thought you would be complicated. But I eventually got the hang of you. You were also my cousin's main. :popo:

Squirtle and Ivysaur - Even though I didn't play as you often, you guys are amazing. :squirtle::ivysaur:

R.I.P. you will all be remembered. :cry::crying:

Last edited:

Beard-Snaco

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hitomi_Fujiko
3DS FC
0791-2068-0241
Well I hope we get Lucas & The Ice Climbers some how.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I'm still surprised that Sakurai chose Falco over Wolf. He got the chance to add Wolf in Brawl since he didn't go with his gut in Melee and now he cuts him for a character that still had more similarities to Fox? Before someone brings up "he's Fox's side-kick", let that sink in for a sec. Falco, a side-kick for anyone but himself? I get Falco has veteran status but so does Wolf. And it's not like veterans haven't been cut before.
Wolf isn't a vet hes been in 1 game he is a newcomer until he appears in a 2nd game. No vet has been cut, ever.
Ice climbers may be the first though.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Wolf isn't a vet hes been in 1 game he is a newcomer until he appears in a 2nd game. No vet has been cut, ever.
Ice climbers may be the first though.
I don't think you know what newcomer means.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you know what newcomer means.
Newcomer means its their first smash entry?
If he hasn't appeared in a 2nd game he can't be a vet.
For instance you don't look at melee and call Roy a vet when thats the only game hes in and is considered a newcomer.
Only newcomers have been cut so far, characters that have only been in 1 game. All characters that have been in at least 2 games have been confirmed for smash 4(using leak), Bar IC's. Frankly I think they are in the game because of the polar bear.
So to make this easier if the character hasn't been in at least 2 games they can be cut and it shouldn't be a surprise because it has happened to others.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
to the people saying the leaker doesn't have the full roster why would we have to unlock the ice climbers if we never had to before

Top Bottom