• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC Leak Disproven

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Once again, you're speaking as if your words are fact. They're not.

Them not being in the Wii U version makes the Wii U version inferior to what it could be. It's limiting its potential.
Or they could put something else in place of a potential character. Rather, they will.

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Dang it, right after I just got into the MGS series, well the wait for Phantom Pain is now that much longer...
Unless Solid Snake is cut and Big Boss is in O.o

Zorgo

Smash Rookie
I'm not worked up just yet over whether or not they will be included in the final roster, because we haven't seen them yet but...

...we also haven't seen Falco.

EDIT: I saw Falco's image on the leaked roster pictures and am now in full panic mode. Excuse me while I retire to my closet with a paper bag.

:popo: :lucas: sakurai plz

Last edited:

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
There

was no "day 1" dlc for mario kart 8, it was only revealed only a couple weeks back, only its free. I do say that the roster of MK8 isn't as good as MK Wii, but the characters may be continually introduced as time goes on for free (which is nintendo's usual approach to small stuff dlc like drivers). New characters may be free, but new courses may become available for DLC purchase in the future which is something many people are hoping for.
Uh, I did not quote you, nor was I talking about Mario Kart.

However, on the same note as your misdirected quote, I wouldn't mind at all if the DLC was free.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Wow I was right I said this in the previous thread oh man RIP mewtwo Ridley IC and wolf fans.

Booster

Smash Lord
Rest in peace potential DLC characters, you could've made Nintendo a ****load of money and satisfied fans.

Last edited:

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
I was probably the only ones who said Ice Climbers were gonna be cut.
You're not, actually. The Climbers were, due to the technical limitation issue and some other issues surrounding them (like their lack of popularity), the veterans I was least confident about.

That said, I'll definitely miss all of these guys.

^"A person expresses an opinion that differs from mine? This calls for an unnecessarily cruel reactionary image!" Real classy, mate.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
That's a bit of a bummer. I was never an IC, Lucas, or Snake main in neither Melee, Brawl, or Project M (Melee referring to IC), so I guess I don't feel as sad as those who are dedicated players of those characters. Still, it's going to feel pretty weird without at least ICs, since they were a mainstay since Melee.

Snake, I can understand. I'm not too surprised by his exclusion, though the inclusion of Sonic from Brawl did realistically make Snake's return a possibility.

Lucas... well, I guess the Mother series has died down in profile, and nowadays, the vast majority of the worldwide audience thinks of Mother 2/Earthbound when they think of the Mother series, and given Ness was one of the original 12 from Smash 64, it made sense that he'd stay. Lucas, on the other hand, was from a more obscure title in the same vein as Ninten from the original Mother, and so it could be argued that Sakurai thought Lucas wasn't as significant to put into the game as other Brawl characters, like Meta Knight, King Dedede,etc.; characters nearly everyone knows. I mean, I'll be honest, I don't know much about Lucas outside of his description in his Brawl trophy. Combine that with a lack of official localization, and one can understand why Lucas was cut. No one has to like it, but they should at least understand it.

Wolf is a bit of a bummer too, but maybe Sakurai didn't want too many "clone" characters, which wouldn't make sense given Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit (assuming he is a clone) are purely clones, while Wolf is more of a "Luigification" of Fox and Falco. Hell, Falco is more a Fox clone than Wolf. I don't understand his exclusion either.

Ice Climbers, well, I couldn't begin to tell you why they'd cut them out. I could say it's because it'd be too complicated for Smash 4's engine and what they were trying to aim for when it came to balance and simplicity. It could also be argued that IC's chaingrabs were seen as too OP and they decided to cut them for that as well. That first argument, however, is essentially debunked with the introduction of Rosalina, who is somewhat similar to ICs in the sense that you're controlling two characters. Honestly, no one can know for sure until something has been confirmed.

Mind you, this is assuming the leaked pics and videos are indeed the real thing.

tl;dr: R.I.P. ICs, Snake, Wolf, and Lucas.

Mr. Jam

Smash Apprentice
R.I.P

:cry::crying::snake: :popo::wolf: :lucas::crying::cry:
We are gathered here today to say our farewells to 4 veterans. Their whereabouts unknown, it is doubtful they will make a return this time.

You will all be missed. Godspeed.
I will not miss wolf

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm suddenly not understanding the Ice Climbers' AI issue....
Rosalina & Luma are different, yes, but Luma sorta copies what Rosalina does after using that one move that separates them. Either that, or Luma's attacks match whatever you do with the controller / remote, meaning they probably could have done that with Nana, meaning WHAT THE CRAP?

Pretty sure Ice Climbers are returning now.

Last edited:

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
The DLC bit has been extremely suspect since Day 1 as the nature of the information is a bit inconsistent with the rest of the leak and, more importantly, Chorus Men was a hilariously obvious red flag.
That said, why is everybody freaking out over the 4 unconfirmed characters? There are still potentially five slots left for characters and the roster was never confirmed to be final.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
So something just occurred to me...You mean to tell me that this same Nintendo of America employee is the same guy who said this?

http://imgur.com/92NOfCW

If that's the case then it's clear that this guy was looking to quit to begin with.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If they could make Rosalina and Luma work on the 3DS, why wouldn't they be able to make the Ice Climbers work? It doesn't add up. I'm not buying that as the reason.

I'm very disappointed that Wolf and Lucas might be gone too. At this point, they shouldn't be cutting any characters. It's not like they're going to "run out of space" or anything. It's not fair to the fans.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Is it confirmed that Ridley, impa, Mach rider, Mewtwo and Dixie are fake as well?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If they could make Rosalina and Luma work on the 3DS, why wouldn't they be able to make the Ice Climbers work? It doesn't add up. I'm not buying that as the reason.
Exactly.
People saying Rosalina & Luma and the Ice Climbers are different are correct, but Nana could have been made in the way Luma was made, copying the controls instead of the actual character the person is playing as.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone assume that Ice Climbers, Snake, Wolf, etc. are out? Not every character was unlocked in the leaked picture of the roster, so why are people so sure these characters have been cut?

D

Deleted member

We're not entirely sure, but their chances don't look too good right now. If they turn out to be in the game, I will be very surprised and very happy.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
**** :popo: and (hopefully) good riddance.

I'd be a little sad for the others, though.
Yeah I'm like one of the people who are never around competitive people, but man I am certainly thankful for not going against ice climbers devastating chain grab.

And my brother said he liked brawl more than melee. HA!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
IC were my mains... Now I know how the Roy mainers feel... :sadeyes:

...Eh, I'll get over it. I already got Villager, Rosalina, and all my Miis, just as I requested, along with Pac-Man, Greninja, and Palutena. :T

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
Not exactly.
The Sneaky Spirit is in Smash Run. It could be like the Animal Crossing stage in Brawl, but other Smash Run enemies shown are represented by a playable character.
To clarify, I don't think an RH character is out of the question but having Chorus Men specifically is an obvious rip from Gematsu which is all but dead...but I'd rather not get into that here.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Is it confirmed that Ridley, impa, Mach rider, Mewtwo and Dixie are fake as well?
Well, considering the guy that said those 5 would be in is the same person who lied about the DLC characters in the first place, I dunno..

Oh, he also called us all *******. So there's that.

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
"particularly with the 3DS facing some challenges in terms of how to accommodate characters that incorporate more than one fighter, such as the Ice Climbers."

Obviously Sakurai is trying to get ice climbers in. They just don't work on the 3ds version so they might just be wii u exclusive if he's really having such a hard time getting them to work.
Bullocks I mean, look at Rosalina & Luma. That's still technically two characters there.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I'm still surprised that Sakurai chose Falco over Wolf. He got the chance to add Wolf in Brawl since he didn't go with his gut in Melee and now he cuts him for a character that still had more similarities to Fox? Before someone brings up "he's Fox's side-kick", let that sink in for a sec. Falco, a side-kick for anyone but himself? I get Falco has veteran status but so does Wolf. And it's not like veterans haven't been cut before.
It really should've been Wolf rather than Falco Walco. Wooooooolf! ;-;.

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
R.I.P

:cry::crying::snake: :popo::wolf: :lucas::crying::cry:
We are gathered here today to say our farewells to 4 veterans. Their whereabouts unknown, it is doubtful they will make a return this time.

You will all be missed. Godspeed.
theres only 1 real vet in that entire group. Are pichu, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Roy, and Mewtwo veterans? No. They had one game. If they came back then they would be, but you have to be in more than 1 to be considered a vet.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
theres only 1 real vet in that entire group. Are pichu, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Roy, and Mewtwo veterans? No. They had one game. If they came back then they would be, but you have to be in more than 1 to be considered a vet.
Wording aside, that doesn't mean that those who used them can't mourn for them.

You missed the point of that post in the first place.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Want to point that what is confirmed to be fake is the DLC confirmation. DLC in general is in the same boat as it always have been, who knows? probably even the developers don't know yet.

Top Bottom