• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
why should we believe this person at all? How would they know anything that we dont?

https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/655619900388433920
Because they're a known leaker who, with Nikki, are basically the two people who have given us information days to weeks in advance about Spatoon and I BELIEVE both of them have joined in on this storm of people teasing a leak. They may have conversed amongst themselves who the character is and they're taking turns giving vague hints.

Edit: I don't believe em. Just tossing around why you could.

Last edited:

CardboardedBox

Smash Rookie

[Rumor] The next DLC character is from a Wii U game.

Edit: Let's think of Wii U games... Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Nintendoland, Kirby Rainbow Curse, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker...

If she's not lying, poo. That actually rules out all of my biggest choices -_- King K, no, Chibi-Robo no, Rhythm Heaven reps no, and if it's a 1st party- Rayman no........and Snake and Bomberman are neither 1st party nor on wiiU ...

But it's either Inkling or Wonder Red. I have Splatoon, and im actually getting kinda bored of seeing inklings. Im ok with them being added, but it wont get much of a reaction out of me.

Now Wonder Red on the other hand. I never played that game he's from, but I think it looks cool, and he looks cool, and he's someone im not tired of seeing. So im leaning a lot more to Wonder Reds side.

But whats her face that posted that is one of the most well known Splatoon involvers, so if she was truly told who the character was, it had to be Inkling.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If there were 6 more dlc characters I feel like:

King K. Rool
Inklings
Wolf
Isaac
Ridley
Banjo & Kazooie

would make a lot of people happy. So it more than likely won't happen. :p

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
Posting my predictions for the six:

Wolf
King K. Rool
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Inkling
Some third-party

Star Fox doesn't have a DLC character...
reread my edited post.its pretty late here so im kinda tired.But yea, krystal is a possibility.

Bhojj

Smash Rookie
Desires:

Ivysaur
Tetra
Wolf
Snake
Cranky Kong/K. Rool
Any RH rep

Expectations:

Inklings
Dixie Kong
Wolf

They are probably pretty close to completion since I doubt the DLC development will last more than one year.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
My Prediction:
  • Wolf
  • Inkling
  • Ivysuar
  • Squirtle
  • Shantae
  • King K Rool
What I want: (lol ain't 'appening)
1. Medusa
2. Shantae
3. Bayonetta
4. Snake
5. Wolf
6. King K Rool / Inkling

Not if Inklings have a moveset that resembles damn-near nothing of Mii Gunner.
And since it'd be made FOR them instead of just being Generic Shooter Unit, yeah.
It wouldn't be like buying the same character twice.
This is why I don't buy any costumes of characters who I feel are likely enough to become playable.
Once say Inklings are DLC'ed and I bought the Inklings costume before, I'll never ever use that costume again and so it's a waste of money IMO.

So far the only costume I bought is Viridi. I love KI & it's characters & to show support for future, really well-made costumes.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So we could get 6 more characters? That would add up to a total number of 10 DLC characters!

There are so many new characters I want to play in Smash... I hope 6 of them get in...

Mario series: Paper Mario, Toad
Donkey Kong series: Cranky Kong, Dixie Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., King K. Rool, Pauline & Mini Mario
Zelda series: Ganon, Impa, Tetra, Tingle, Toon Zelda
Metroid series: Dark Samus, Fusion Suit Samus, Ridley
Yoshi series: Baby Mario & Baby Luigi, Kamek
Kirby series: Waddle Dee
Star Fox series: Krystal
Pokemon series: Deoxys, Meowth (or Team Rocket with Wobbuffet), Plusle & Minun
Kid Icarus series: Medusa
Wario series: Overalls Wario
Pikmin series: Alph with Rock Pikmin
Other Nintendo characters: Balloon Fighter, Chibi-Robo, Chorus Kids, Infantry Unit (Advance Wars), Inklings, Isaac, Lip, Mallo, Muddy Mole, Takamaru, Wandering Heroes (StreetPass Mii Plaza)
Sonic series: Knuckles, Tails
Street Fighter series: Chun-Li
Other third-party characters: Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins), Banjo-Kazooie, Bomberman, Chocobo & Moogle, Crono (Chrono Trigger), Heihachi Mishima, Mike Haggar, Quote, Rayman, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Simon Belmont, Slime (Dragon Quest), Warriors of Light (Final Fantasy)
Non-video game characters: Captain N

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Charizard CAN'T fly in Smash though, unless you count his Up B, a move that's similar to Bowser's funny enough, not to mention Charizard's better on the ground iirc

-Multi jump is probably "fly" even if he lost gliding
-Their up specials are different to me. One is a hard read move or risky out of shield with ko potential with massive punish on whiff with vertical trajectory (charizard) and one is a mobile roll eating, safer out of shield ground oriented punish or mix up approach, with far more horizontal recovery and less ko potential.

I think their Fair, Uair, decent fast jabs, and neutral special are the closest things they have in common. That and F-smashes that end hopes and dreams on hard reads. Basically it stops at big heavy fire breathing monsters. But if you can play one, it's one of the easier non clone transitions so it isn't a stretch to think they're similar. though charizard benefits more defensively pushing the wall of options to close in + has combo out of grab, and bowser really does well with an all up in your grill well spaced assault. Both suffer from speedy comboers and projectiles heavily but flare blitz plows through many on read.

I think this was all about crystal/pal to begin with, sorry to ramble lol

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

[Rumor] The next DLC character is from a Wii U game.

Edit: Let's think of Wii U games... Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Nintendoland, Kirby Rainbow Curse, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker...
I'm gonna guess Captain Toad or other long-time Nintendo-characters over Splatoon and W101 - since we now know that Smash is against adding characters just to promote their games or being too recently released.

But we'll see how this goes. Someone just goes at this gal and tells her wholly what happened... how weird.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
-Their up specials are different to me. One is a hard read move or risky out of shield with ko potential with massive punish on whiff with vertical trajectory (charizard) and one is a mobile roll eating, safer out of shield ground oriented punish or mix up approach, with far more horizontal recovery and less ko potential.

I think their Fair, Uair, decent fast jabs, and neutral special are the closest things they have in common. That and F-smashes that end hopes and dreams on hard reads. Basically it stops at big heavy fire breathing monsters. But if you can play one, it's one of the easier non clone transitions so it isn't a stretch to think they're similar. though charizard benefits more defensively pushing the wall of options to close in + has combo out of grab, and bowser really does well with an all up in your grill well spaced assault. Both suffer from speedy comboers and projectiles heavily but flare blitz plows through many on read.

I compared the Up B's because Charizard's is more vertical yet Bowser's is more horizontal, they are quite similar moves animation-wise. I found it odd something said 'K.Rool would be Bowser but Charizard can fly so it's okay'
(flaps wings)
(goes higher)
Looks like flying to me. I wouldn't say alone, it leads to a differentiated playstyle though.
Flying isn't jumping three times. Pit cannonically can't fly yet he flaps his wings in Smash too. My point was about how flying =/= different playstyle, otherwise Ridley wouldn't be in this bad of a position

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
@~ Valkyrie ~
I will wait for the direct until I believe anything beyond doubt, but assuming she does actually know... the only other indirect clue I see is that she has responded to most other guesses at this point with at least something, but has ignored posts chanting inklings/splatoon. Could all be some evil little fun these leakers are having though and the rug will be pulled out from under us on release.

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
If there is 6 more characters coming I hope they are

-Krystal
-Wolf
-K.Rool
- Diixie
- Inklings
- Shantae

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Charizard is confirmed to have wings that are unsuitable for flight no matter how majestic Viridi thinks they are. :p
(flaps wings)
(goes higher)
Looks like flying to me. I wouldn't say alone, it leads to a differentiated playstyle though.
Though pretty much all winged characters have multi-jumps that involve flapping their wings, as Pit can't fly either (though apparently he can glide which makes 0 sense), but has three jumps like Charizard.

It's smash don't question it. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Though pretty much all winged characters have multi-jumps that involve flapping their wings, as Pit can't fly either (though apparently he can glide which makes 0 sense), but has three jumps like Charizard.

It's smash don't question it. :p
Many animals can use their wings to glide but not to fly. Like flying squirrels.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
6 characters? I'd like all of them to be out-of-left-field- choices from the ballot. As for that leak thing, I'm hoping for Lana. "It's from a Wii U game" certainly narrows it up quite a bit. Inklings are also a possibility but those should be left for Smash 5's vanilla roster.

If this whole thing is fake, well, we'll know in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The matter was saying that K. Rool and Bowser would play the same because they're heavy and thus would have moves based on punching and clawing while Krystal would be the first staff user in Smash... something innacurate by the fact THAT Palutena uses a staff, and then some people going a bit to absurd on stating that the bits of that staff's powers can be seen around others movesets to drain some of the uniqueness from the staff.
Thank you for taking what I said out of context but I was just saying that I think Krystal would be more unique than K Rool, which I still very much stand by, just wanted to clear that up again

Or people should stop putting stock in a sad sack of humanity that get's it's kicks from playing this horrifically gullible fanbase like a damn fiddle.
I doubt this many people have joined together just to play a joke on us, I'm not saying all of them know, some could be bandwagoning and I'm not saying all the info is true but something fishy is definitely going on

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I doubt this many people have joined together just to play a joke on us, I'm not saying all of them know, some could be bandwagoning and I'm not saying all the info is true but something fishy is definitely going on
Except Nikki has a history of trolling the Smash fanbase. Her area of expertise is Splatoon. Not Smash. Plus it's ridiculously easy to just say "I know something you don't and I won't tell!" on the internet. If anyone's bandwagoning it's her.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thank you for taking what I said out of context but I was just saying that I think Krystal would be more unique than K Rool, which I still very much stand by, just wanted to clear that up again

This makes me realize something. Someone's going 'too many X archetype' for uniqueness. First swords, now claws, tommorow, punches!

The rumour is literally 'I know something you don't know and I'm not telling' especially as this person literally went 'lol you guys believed my fake thing' last night

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Except Nikki has a history of trolling the Smash fanbase. Her area of expertise is Splatoon. Not Smash. Plus it's ridiculously easy to just say "I know something you don't and I won't tell!" on the internet. If anyone's bandwagoning it's her.
But the thing is, even if she's lying it doesn't matter in the slightest, she didn't give us any new info other than the wii u thing which isn't a big deal since the characters a lot of people were guessing have games on the wii u already. There's still a bajillion other people saying the same thing

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
But the thing is, even if she's lying it doesn't matter in the slightest, she didn't give us any new info other than the wii u thing which isn't a big deal since the characters a lot of people were guessing have games on the wii u already. There's still a bajillion other people saying the same thing
Which is precisely the whole problem with this.
It'll only be over when we get a direct this month or nothing happens and October goes by.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
100% agreed.
There are definitely other ways to make a character sell besides only using high demand as the biggest factor, just limiting to that doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do.
If we're getting a character that wasn't "highly-demanded" expect someone like Ryu and not someone obscure even among the fanbase, especially as a hypothetical Inkling DLC would confirm that, yes, fan-demand is indeed a much bigger factor now than in the initial roster. You should probably learn to live with that, especially as Sakurai already stated that from now on it's going to be fanservice.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If we're getting a character that wasn't "highly-demanded" expect someone like Ryu and not someone obscure even among the fanbase, especially as a hypothetical Inkling DLC would confirm that, yes, fan-demand is indeed a much bigger factor now than in the initial roster. You should probably learn to live with that, especially as Sakurai already stated that from now on it's going to be fanservice.
How about Professor Layton, he's as Nintendo as third-party gets and since people are begging for more Nintendo characters, why not? :drshrug: He's not obscure either, he'd be great for Smash. :drifloon:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Because a potential wild card got discussed I'm going to have a theory by literally pulling a Wild card.

Would anyone buy this should it get in Smash as DLC against all likelyhood? Everyone here should answer
No.
Because I have taste

Burruni

Smash Hero
I went to bed about 7 hours ago.
I woke up to 19 notifications.
Never change, guys.

Because a potential wild card got discussed I'm going to have a theory by literally pulling a Wild card.

Would anyone buy this should it get in Smash as DLC against all likelyhood? Everyone here should answer
Nope. I already have :4falcon:. About as Sentai as I need.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Yes. I'm starting to feel a bit left out because of not getting Peach's and Hyrule Castle 64, Super Mario Maker, and Pirate Ship, so you bet I'm going to buy each character.

Once again. A wild card choice has to be within reason. A character like Ray MK III, Chibi-Robo, or Nintendog, not a Power Ranger. (Don't kill me cuz I called it a Power Ranger.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom