• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DKs jab.

nash123

Smash Journeyman
This hasnt been mentioned anywhere so I will post it now.

His first jab has an interesting property that helps set up grabs/D-smash at mid percents on most characters.The first jab he does when spaced right will force the oppenent to get hit right in front of him opening up a grab or a D-smash.It seems pretty useful as I pulled it off a couple times in a tournament yesterday and it was successful.Just wanted to get this out to the DK community and hopefully you guys will try it out.Don't think a video is nescessary as it is very easy to do and the best I can do is send a replay to someone.

My bad if this isn't very useful but DK boards have been pretty dead lately and i'm just trying to throw new things out there.

Rdebo

Smash Cadet
It's something i've noticed before but thanks for putting it out here on the boards.
The way you space dk's jabs and time them can lead to a large number of combos involing the d-smash like you said or you can incorporate different tilts to build up to something else.
=]
it's nice to know that DK is being played more in tourneys now that brawls been out for a while.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
never noticed that about the jab. usually i just use the 1-2 punch coz the 2nd punch is just rly good. @_@

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Somehow I was able to kill Lucario at around 80% with DK's jab. I know it sounds crazy, but both me and my friend were like wtf.

This happened on the left side of Delfino Plaza (the part where you are on top of a building), and I'm pretty sure I kept it fresh because I don't really use it that much. The second jab caused the knock back. My friend didn't attempt to DI because you don't really need to DI a jab unless it's a Snake Jab.

I know the jab doesn't cause enough knock back for it to kill, but perhaps there is some random factor on the knock back such as Luigi's super misfire (or w/e it's called).

I'll try to look over it during the weekend, and if I find anything I'll make a video and post it on youtube. I'm usually busy with school so if anyone else can look into this as well, that'll be great.

Top Bottom