• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dk

taste_the_beast

Smash Apprentice
Just wanna discuss and see what you think about donkey kong, do you think he's OP(over powered). what you dont like about him? what you think he's best for? how do you think he could be improved?:p

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I don't think he's overpowered, I don't like his lack of vertical recovery and crappy fair, although it's fun to use sometimes, I like his grabs and uair combos, thought I struggle against floaties.

His Spinning Kong could use a larger sweetspot.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Taste_the_Beast

this is what we call a pointless thread. Please don't bring them here.

I know your intentions were good but please just limit them.

Also um +1 post.

taste_the_beast

Smash Apprentice
nahh your far from cool bro. how's it a pointless thread huh? I asked a simple question about DK. Why couldn't you just give me some feedback

Bailey

Smash Hero
Since I'm so uncool I therefor bring down your coolness to even lower because you are talking to me. MINDFU*K

Anywho MM? $50? Best of 5? My DK vs your whatever??

taste_the_beast

Smash Apprentice
yea sorry dude i cant associate with you anymore your bringing down my coolness. how are we gonna play each other ya douche?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Melee's been out for 7 years. The only worthwhile threads are those about the competitive aspects of Melee anymore, and this thread is basically "ok guyz let's condense dk board into a topic!"
My opinion^
DK's Monkey Copter is beastly, though. And his taunt. His taunt makes him Top Tier.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I love the match with DK and yea I am I'm tristate so yea
lol, i love those matchups too though when my opponent doesn't know the match and doesn't realize that just sticking to basics ***** DK. When they try doing all their extra moves and try to add flashiness to it, thats when they leave themselves open and i take full advantage of it. I've beaten all of the sheiks in norcal, but thats because they don't know the matchup. KFC doesn't really even have a sheik, but he knows how to fight DK, so he usually beats me in that matchup.

Bailey

Smash Hero
I only lose to Sheik's if the whole match is just Down Throw Tech Chase re grab and repeat. I know Storms' name isn't known around the boards now a days but he is still a top Melee player in NY and his Falco is insane along with his Sheik and my DK and Jiggs do the best, but for some reason DK.

I think it's because most people think to hard in the match Vs. DK, like always trying new things instead of what you said and sticking to the basics.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sheik's are really difficult for me. Foxes and Falco's I usually get close on (mainly because I have a lot of Falco practice), sometimes win, same with Falcon, but Sheik is just murder for me. >_>

taste_the_beast

Smash Apprentice
Sheik's are really difficult for me. Foxes and Falco's I usually get close on (mainly because I have a lot of Falco practice), sometimes win, same with Falcon, but Sheik is just murder for me. >_>

I respect people who can play donkey kong and can still own the s___ out of people because hes like, idk just something about him that he's hard to play with.

Top Bottom