• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Uncharged Ledge Hop Punch doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
I was messing around with the ledge hop giant punch on training on battle field and found that it is possible to drop, jump, charge and release then catch the edge again. I never was able to do it at normal speed only 1/4 and the timing looks crazy cant just spam B.
Which means that you can do a ledge hop 9 Swing Punch from the ledge.
Not sure if this was already found but if anyone call tell me the timing needed :).

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
What about jumping onto the stage from holding the ledge? Wouldn't this be a decent alternative? Although the SA frames are not present, this would still be something better to do if no one can get the timing down and not risk dying stupidly.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
After practicing for only 10 minutes I conclude that there is no freaking way to do this at normal speed. If there is, then I would never do it online because lag would screw up everything.

Yanki

Smash Cadet
Mmm i already trywed it and isnt are easy, but nothing imposible, DK have much choice at the edge, u can do the up+b u can do a fronst smash at the air, u can do the down kick at the air, or the punch if is too risky do the punch try other option, but i really prefer do just the a whit lees of 100% fast atack and nice dist.

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
I was actually trying it out on training mode and it isn't really all that hard to do. I was doing it about 80% of the time. Without the super armor though, I honestly don't see myself doing this too much. It's just another option I'll have when the time comes I need to do it.

iono

Smash Rookie
I can also confirm it is possible. The timing to me was very similar to that of Toon Links SHDA Quick Draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom