• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK down B edge cancel side b (what?)

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Anyone know what's going on? I didn't think edge cancelling was in the game. Maybe ending the down B a bit earlier than usual has much less landing lag, to get a combo?

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Nice find. Basically the landing lag of aerial Down B can be edge canceled if you space it so that you slide off of an edge. I got it to work a few times, but the spacing to make it work is pretty strict.

Last edited:

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
new meta. **** was jank though. I do like attacking people on platforms with jumping b reverse down B.

GiMiX

Smash Cadet
Good to see some fresh DK tech popping up!
Do you think there's enough hit stun to sneak a giant punch in after the ledge cancel?
I'm also thinking of what kind of off stage shenanigans can come out of this..

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I think the punch would land the sourspot. This would be great in brawl where that shoulder hitbox is a huge upwards hit. In smash 4 IIRC it does like 4 damage and sends them nowhere.

Top Bottom