• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dk combo skills

Erow Devastates

Smash Cadet
What will Dk be strong in, air or ground sence Dk, up air is a different kind of jugle game, do u think he will b stronger on ground, sence most of generally useless b attaks r up graded.

Give me your thoughts

Luigi player

Smash Master
His upB too? All I've read was that they didn't see it hit on the ground so they don't know...

Well at least his downB is better now ... but probably doesn't help too much, because everyone can just jump >_>

But wait.. maybe he does his downB if the enemy is on the ground and because he stops it faster you can trick your opponents to jumps and then upair them or something... but everyone would know this and never jump over him ...

On topic: I don't know... lol. Probably in the air, because his tilts, smashes and giant punch lack range.

Erow Devastates

Smash Cadet
Yea i understand nerfing giant punch because it killed at really, really low percents, but if it charges 60% faster , it will b like havin another smash. But his up b i though it was good already. Dk side b it like a pit fall now, and will give u a free smash or something. It down b could b a great suprise sence its faster, and you will b less punished sence u get out for the lag faster.

Luigi player

Smash Master
It takes the exact same time to charge. I compared it from Melee with a video where he charged fully.
That 60% was just that DK stopped because he probably pressed the shield button or he had it charged a little before.

Erow Devastates

Smash Cadet
It takes the exact same time to charge. I compared it from Melee with a video where he charged fully.
That 60% was just that DK stopped because he probably pressed the shield button or he had it charged a little before.
I could have swore i read that gimpy said it chargd 60% faster but knock back was cut, down ill jus try it my self than

Luigi player

Smash Master
In the video with DK in Pit's stage he charges full once. (He jumps and starts to charge) I tried it in Melee and pressed B at the same time as in the video and it's the same speed...

And the topic creator from the thread "DK improvements" has it there that the chargetime is 60% from Melee.

W.Jr

Smash Lord
well i guess he is going to be good on the ground and also the air, though

most of the combo i think are going to be air.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Well I usually work DK like this,

Offensive
-Up B-dance forward, dance back
-B-Work in that sheild break
-walk toward them and tilt- too easy
-Because I can't shiffle, I usually just do back a as a way to escape from an enemy when he has me in a combo

Combo skills
-I always just pop people into the air and time B's or neutral airs. Sometimes I like to go for that fair when people are more focused on getting back to the edge

Defensive skills

When people are rolling around me - down B
when people run towards me for an attack- tilt forward
when people short hop toward me for an attack - tilt forward (I can usually get my tilt off faster then a captain falcon shorthop knee)
from above
-They land in front of me- Obviously sheild grab
-THey land behind me- Tilt

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dk is pretty much the exact same character with a few small nerfs and the physics dont favor his style very much at all.

good luck dk mains n_n

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yeah dk cant combo anyone like he could with say fox in melee, he still has the cargo up throw up air but you only get like one on everyone

Erow Devastates

Smash Cadet
yeah dk cant combo anyone like he could with say fox in melee, he still has the cargo up throw up air but you only get like one on everyone
Can the cargo up throw work on nay kind percent like in melee. i no its a new game wit new feature and u guys only played for few days but jus wonder if seen anyone do it

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So DK can now only combo himself, Bowser and Ike? Just great Sakurai!! REALLY GREAT!! Unless DK's getting a mayor boost in the final version (which I honestly doubt since he seems almost equal to his Melee self except worse <_<) or he has one amazing fast high priority move with no lag but knowing Donkey Kong and his rather awkwardness that will NOT happen.

DK will now probably be even worse than Bowser and Zelda... Just GREAT! Can you please **** me in the *** a little harder Sakurai? Ahh yeah that's better...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i dont know where you got that he can only combo dk bowser and ike

that doesnt' really make any sense

he can combo everyone pretty much exactly the same, he just cant combo anyone like he could combo say fox/ganon in melee

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol

I really hope we'll have some good suprises with DK when the game is out. Maybe they're improving him a little from the demo... or his new downB is extremely awesome... (but I don't think so >_>)

Oh well, we'll have to wait and see (and hope to god)...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
i dont know where you got that he can only combo dk bowser and ike

that doesnt' really make any sense

he can combo everyone pretty much exactly the same, he just cant combo anyone like he could combo say fox/ganon in melee
So that'd probably mean that he could only chain 2 Uairs to the heavier characters, aka DK, Bowser and Ike.

Way to take away DK's main combo ability Sakurai!

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
I think that they are still improving the "unflinchibility during certain attacks" for Bowser, DK, (and Ike?), and that that will add a whole new level to heavyweights.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
What will Dk be strong in, air or ground sence Dk, up air is a different kind of jugle game, do u think he will b stronger on ground, sence most of generally useless b attaks r up graded.

Give me your thoughts
read gimpyfishs brawl impressions that'll answer some of your questions. and its since not sence i tend to make that mistake alot as well.:chuckle:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It was indeed a sully assumption, but I'm just feeling screwed over and van you blame me? <_<; What would you feel if Bowser would've been worse than he was in Melee? But anyhow, I'll stop with those assumptions they aren't funny when your around. I wish I could explain myself better in my posts but meh...

If DK really turns out to be useless I probably won't even use him as a secundary, just Diddy for me then. Hopefully at least ONE of my favorite characters turnes out to be somewhat good. They already ruined Ike, DK'll probably be worse than in Melee, Diddy I can't judge could go either way and Mewtwo may get the axe.

I'll stop with the whinery. Hopefully DK's buffs in his down B will open some ways to combo characters, cause even though it didn't had much uses in the previous SSB's, it's a very cool looking move.

Erow Devastates

Smash Cadet
Dk up air is stronger than it was in melee and di is more massive, and no fast fallers, and harder to shuffle, yea dk should get a little more buffs and ike should hav the same treatment.

Top Bottom