• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJC Wavedash

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday I had a Yoshi eureka moment and tried throwing a flash of armor into my wavedashes by just doing two jumps to wavedash instead of one. Unfortunately this isn't new tech but I thought I was pretty slick because it was something I hadn't thought of doing before.

Question is to you much more experienced Yoshis than myself, is there much use for this? It seems like if you've got the read on an attack to try to block it with the armor then counter when you hit the ground there are already better options than this. I could see some good uses of it maybe throwing into general movement just to mix things up. I just don't think I've ever noticed competitive Yoshis like aMSa do it which makes me think it's probably not very useful since I think the parry basically would make it obsolete as a defensive tool.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
The only reason I'd use a DJC Wavedash is to travel away or towards my opponent from far away. The only reason to go towards my opponent is for a punish after a missed move. There are most likely a lot of uses, but I have yet to find a use for it on anything else. It's an extremely risky move, as you have frames where you can't act out of it.

Basically, it's too risky and situational to be used.

Last edited:

yink059

Smash Cadet
is does go slighty farther than a normal wavedash, but there is no advantage frame wise of performing it.

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
Too difficult to put into practice? That's like, the worst mindset to have when playing Yoshi. Go big or go home bro.
I meant like difficult to find situations to use it, sorry, shoulda clarified. Like I might use it, but otherwise wavedash suffices.

Last edited:

Doxy

Smash Rookie
You could use it to turn around quickly, while wave dashing. It would take some practice but I could see it being viable to set yourself up. Say if your opponent is behind you and you expect him to approach. You could RDJ into a wave dash and then punish with a downsmash maybe because it comes out first in front of yoshi.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I always thought that this could be used as a mixup to grab the ledge when the opponent thinks you're staying on stage.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Only thing I've noticed is that perfect RDJC wavedashes give slightly longer distance than a regular perfect wavedash (bout a half of a character length in distance). Haven't gotten chances to test anything more though.

Last edited:

luigimario0822

Smash Rookie
i've just been thinking of somthing like a faster (?) pivot you can do out of your running anamation where you jump dj turnaround then wd back to grab the ledge. it's hard but once you get the hang of it it's easy.

Top Bottom