• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJC Aerials

Maybe

Smash Cadet
I've just started to play Peach for the hell of it. I was watching some Armada videos and saw a wicked fast canceled aerial (Either nair or bair) into a downsmash but it didn't look like a FC aerial so I assumed it was something else. After a little researching I think it may be a DJC since apparently they can be faster than FCs sometimes.

So I've been trying to DJC nair into d-smash but it's no where near Armada's. My FC is faster than my attempt at DJC. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? :|

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You really should get into the habit of copying & time-stamping things like this so we have something to refer to rather than nothing at all.

I think you just saw an FC aerial into down smash (but mistook it for something else) because I don't remember the last time I saw Armada do a DJC aerial with Peach into down smash since, quite bluntly, it's an incredibly situational link and doesn't usually come up (DJCs with Peach suck compared to FCs aside from the weird attack angles you get from them).

I am fairly certain that FCs are just as fast as DJCs at the ground level and have none of the l-cancel lag to worry about. FCs can be executed really freaking fast.

Noble_Of_The_South

Smash Rookie
DJC are good as an OOS option, always worth practicing
DJC OOS can throw you into a dangerous position, float canceling when done precisely can be one of the safest things on the block besides wavedashing/shield dropping out. It could be used effectively for catching people in the air as they jump to pressure your shield but even that can get you combo'd.

I've just started to play Peach for the hell of it. I was watching some Armada videos and saw a wicked fast canceled aerial (Either nair or bair) into a downsmash but it didn't look like a FC aerial so I assumed it was something else. After a little researching I think it may be a DJC since apparently they can be faster than FCs sometimes.

So I've been trying to DJC nair into d-smash but it's no where near Armada's. My FC is faster than my attempt at DJC. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? :|
what i have seen recently from my fellow orlando players (who play peach) is that they will jump and then quickly djc into the ground with a nair and that might come out faster. They also tend to djc into the ground with a jab but it's definitely slower than other options. Maybe as a mix up?

Top Bottom