• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem Three Houses will get a rep. That's a promise. If it doesn't I will eat a Pro Controller.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dixie always seemed more like a DLC character anyways, and now she has a very good and very realistic shot at being confirmed as a DLC character in this forthcoming Season of Smash Ultimate DLC, as well as any subsequent seasons.

Dixie Kong is in a very good spot at the moment. We just need to get the troops rallied up for the hypers for her and we can reallllllly get things moving for her!!!!!!

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I'm late to this thread, but as someone who voted for Dixie Kong for the Smash 4 Ballot, I want to toss in my support for Dixie Kong for Smash Ultimate. She's my favorite Kong, and the DKC representation feels absent without her presence in my opinion.

Come what may, Dixie has my undying support; hopefully she'll finally make her way into Smash Ultimate!

If possible, please add me to this support thread!

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I bet DLC will be 5 third parties. As much as it sucks I don't think Dixie is getting into ultimate.
Literally the only third parties left that would actually work and not be hated would be Banjo, Geno, Crash, Tails/Robotnik, and Shantae. Don’t know what drugs you’re on thinking that only third parties could fill dlc.
Fire Emblem Three Houses will get a rep. That's a promise. If it doesn't I will eat a Pro Controller.
I’ll hold you to that, ya know.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I don't have much hope for Dixie being a DLC character tbh. I think they'll all be notable or shocking third party additions to keep people talking about the game more but I really hope I'm wrong.

Dixie probably getting nothing again like with Smash 4 is incredibly frustrating. She deserves to be at least an Assist Trophy. It's getting a bit ridiculous.
No Tropical Freeze stage either! Sakurai...

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I'm going to wait until we can actually play the game to decide what we should consider being a spirit to mean. It might mean absolutely nothing for a character's chances as DLC, but after seeing it in action we may decide otherwise.

I really hope the game is amazing, because the newcomer roster really disappoints me. No one I wanted, and one I actively dislike (Incineroar).

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Let me note that I was not against K. Rool, he just wasn't a character I, personally, desired. I think he's a good, worthy inclusion, but Dixie Kong is the character I wanted personally.
Similar thoughts, I'm very grateful for the return of Rool and I'm glad Dkc got something this time around but my desire for Dixie is much higher, also I'm not really good at using heavyweight characters with the exception of Bowser.

cybersai

Smash Ace
To be honest I feel this Smash was the "end of the road" for a lot of old fan requests. A lot of these mid tier franchises with no rep at all are probably never going to happen at this point, its been 10+ years for some of them and they never did, by the next Smash it'll be even older. Sakurai seems to be very picky which characters he choose for Smash.

Only 6 newcomers got in. 3 of them were current gen characters (Inklings, Isabelle, Incineroar), 2 of them were huge fan requests (Ridley/K. Rool) The echoes were just whatever possible character was left, Daisy/Chrom/Dark Samus only got in as easy clones, and then the two third party echoes. Had we had a regular sized newcomer roster this game, we probably would have seen more requests get in.

The good thing about Dixie is she's a constant regular in a franchise that will never end or go dormant (Donkey Kong), so she always has the possibility of appearing in a future Smash. A lot of these other older characters are now from dormant or dead franchises that Sakurai constantly skips over, and given the sheer mass of assists, I doubt they will ever be playable. Ridley and K. Rool got in exactly because they're the main villains of their respective series.

As I said, Dixie is always going to be in the DK franchise, and the DK franchise will never end. So her possibility of getting in Smash is always there.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
We can only hope that the next Smash is just a port of Ultimate that adds a bunch of new characters and new modes and such. Otherwise, yeah, Dixie's done.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yep, Ultimate likely started off as a Smash U port and then they upgraded it and added all the new and old characters. I hope from this point on Ultimate is just continually ported and they just continue adding newcomers and stages, rather than starting from scratch. That way not only will there be no cut characters, but more characters can get in. Of course there's the huge graphic upgrade and gameplay tweaks, but that's to be expected.

As I said, Dixie is always going to continually be in the DK franchise, and the DK franchise will never go dormant like Nintendo B and C tier franchise. Even in the mid-2000's Donkey Kong got Jungle Beat and King of Swing/Jungle Climber, so Nintendo never let it completely die.

Dixie fairs better than all the other Smash requests for this reason, besides being one of the last Nintendo all-stars besides Toad not playable. I feel this Smash was the end of the road for a lot of other characters though.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Well there's only 5 planned newcomers for DLC so far. Willing to bet 3 of them will be third party like in Smash U, Especially with the rumors of a Square rep and Microsoft possibly getting someone (I hope it's Banjo for the latter).

That leaves two slots leftover. With a lot of the other popular requests de-confirmed or Assists, she does have a possibility. There really aren't many high profile Nintendo characters left over. Sakurai implied Rex/Xenoblade isn't planned for DLC for the same reason Spring Man isn't because of planning, so it may work in our favor. A new Fire Emblem rep would be unlikely for that reason too, maybe even for a Gen 8 Pokemon. Some of the other characters left standing don't really seem to be big enough pulls for DLC either.

I mean the last direct killed off nearly everyone. Unless Sakurai just goes with more random WTF characters like a Piranha plant, Dixie has a shot.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I'm not being negative. I'm shielding myself from the disappointment that I know thousands felt today. In hindsight, we should be VERY happy Dixie didn't appear in the Grinch Hoax. Those poor Isaac fans...

Nevertheless, I'll always love Dixie Kong. She'll be my profile pic in Smash Ultimate for sure. As for the DLC, I think it'll be all third parties. I'm hoping for Rayman!

Last edited:

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I think general Dixie support would be good overall even if DLC has already been decided or there's fan no influence. The K. Rool campaign was more about just Smash and seemingly it might have affected future DK games.

Nintendo should already know she's popular but would be nice to see her new used more else where as well.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I'm still game to start a Twitter page for her. I'm not gonna entertain the possibility of Smash inclusion, but I'd love to just champion the charisma of the character overall.

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
I think we still have a hope. Yesterday was a disappointment but at least Dixie was neither AT nor part of Diddy's FS. Chances of her being part of DLC are pretty good. Of course nothing is sure but at least we have some hope.
I just don't get why they did add Piranha plant. I feel sorry for Toad and Wah fans.
And while i'm more than happy that we got K. Rool in, i still feel DK series is once again gaining minimal amount of content. We should get one DLC packet which is all about DK series

Last edited:

Crepuscular

Smash Rookie
I still more than anything just find the *removal* of the DKC Returns stage* and no addition of a Tropical Freeze stage in its place (or any significant TF content at all) to be really, really weird. It just felt like a sign to me that Dixie was coming and...still does, I guess

*I know people have speculated about that w/r/t the stage morph effect

Logically, I feel like she's still in a pretty good place. There's still factors going for her inclusion and not much going against it. She certainly took less of a hit yesterday than a lot of other requested characters :/

Last edited:

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Add to that K. Rool didn't get a stage to replace the missing one it does seem pretty odd tbh. Obviously that doesn't automatically mean anything or make Dixie certain just strange observations.

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Let's go Dixie for DLC! With a nice TF stage. I can imagine it very easily. Hopefully that'll be her time to join. Just being a spirit is way below AT and stuff. Is Klap Trap more important than her? They also specifically said that they won't make echoes for DLC.. sounds to me like they wanted to tell us about unique Dixie being on the way. xD

Of course I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but it's a decently likely possibility.

Last edited:

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Vergeben commented about DLC: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77160319/911662575

If he is right as usual, we'll probably be getting Steve, a Square Enix character and Katalina from Granblue Fantasy as DLC.

Pack it up boys. Dixie is not getting in. K. Rool was only included due to the ballot. DK representation is a joke and will most likely always be.

EDIT: forgot about Fire Emblem: Three Houses. They're definitely getting a DLC rep too.

Last edited:

Bodacious66

Smash Cadet
I know this is probably a moot point but now that the demo has the full roster I wonder if Diddy still has the Dixie alt

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
He was always certain a Square Enix character was gonna be in, plus some form of Minecraft representation. He now believes those two will be DLC.
Well crap...

I know this is probably a moot point but now that the demo has the full roster I wonder if Diddy still has the Dixie alt
I'm pretty sure he does, most of the returning characters have their colors from the previous game.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
dlc will be crap with dragon quest or whatever the mobile game.. or a lame minecraft character
seriously i know why they sell it before iftrue ...ahah

im now less sure about Dixie dlc...knowing sakurai this is a possible list.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Hey guys, what do you think of the spirit situation ? Do you believe it takes out of the running such characters as Dixie, Geno and Shantae ?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Hey guys, what do you think of the spirit situation ? Do you believe it takes out of the running such characters as Dixie, Geno and Shantae ?
I don't believe so, since it seems like spirits are the new collectables. That being said Verg might have already found out that the dlc characters which may be unlikely for them to be chosen.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
I admit, I don't have much hope for Dixie. If anything, she's back home in her own IP and K. Rool has Smash to fall back on. There's no mistake that Donkey Kong Country will gain its core elements back from here on. I'm honestly okay with her not appearing. Ten times out of ten, I strongly prefer the source material to a streamlined replica.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I'm starting to think that all of the popular ballot choices/ fan favs already made it into the base roster. If Verg is right then all future picks at least this round 1 of DLC are going to be Sakurai's own picks and not ones fans actually asked for.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think that all of the popular ballot choices/ fan favs already made it into the base roster. If Verg is right then all future picks at least this round 1 of DLC are going to be Sakurai's own picks and not ones fans actually asked for.
this is what i think too. We must trust the man like he said.
My prediction is "no dixie dlc" because i dont think she will be BIG enough to get a 5,99$ price... yes i love her and yes she need to be in ULTIMATE Nintendo game but well...this is it.

maybe sakurai will add some echo or promotional character stand alone in 2019-2020 . i can see it.
maybe...

at the end, the game got K.ROOL , im okay :)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Dixie's spirit getting some brief emphasis in the Spirits Mode segment of the direct kinda makes me feel that she will not be in the first Fighter pass TBH.

She certainly still has a real shot, but IDK anymore.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
ok yall are bumming me out now

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
So, funny thing. I know it doesn't really matter anymore since we've seen Diddy's final smash and Dixie isn't in it, but...Robin's final smash is the same as in Smash 4. With Chrom and all, even though Chrom is playable now. Jump to ~1:55:
It's blurry so it's hard to see for sure, but there's realistically no one else that could be.

Looks like being in a final smash doesn't necessarily disqualify someone from playable status.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
and now we need to know if diddy have the pink outfit...ho welll..whatever :p

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
Vergeben commented about DLC: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77160319/911662575

If he is right as usual, we'll probably be getting Steve, a Square Enix character and Katalina from Granblue Fantasy as DLC.

Pack it up boys. Dixie is not getting in. K. Rool was only included due to the ballot. DK representation is a joke and will most likely always be.

EDIT: forgot about Fire Emblem: Three Houses. They're definitely getting a DLC rep too.
wow, they absolutely suck, Dixie or not Dixie!

Spatman

Smash Ace
this is what i think too. We must trust the man like he said.
and I trusted him, but if the characters are the ones Vergeben said, I can't think anything different than "I trusted the wrong person in this regard"

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, all old requests are done, not only for this Smash but probably forever. Characters in current franchises like Dixie, Captain Toad, (or any recurring Mario character), and even Bandana Dee will always have a shot at Smash because they're always around. These franchises never end.

But I feel every other Smash request from a dead Nintendo franchise, a mid-tier Nintendo franchise, or a third party/indie request....is never happening. Dixie on the other hand is a Nintendo all-star, so the door will never be closed on her for good like a lot of these other characters.

Honestly I think Ultimate's roster is a "wake-up call" for a lot of the fandom. If 10+ years didn't get some characters in, they likely never will. But Nintendo all-stars like Dixie always have the possibility even if we have to keep waiting.

Top Bottom