• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I expected nothing and I am still disappointed.

That said, it would be weird to not close the direct with a reveal.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie was a shown Spirit...

Hopes for DLC lost...?

**** it man...

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
There you go. Dixie Kong is a Spirit.

I'm definitely not buying a Switch lol.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That spirit mode looks so boring!
Everything in this direct so far looks boring. I am sure it will be a good game, but for a last direct, this is underwhelming. Well, it is not over yet.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
RIP Dixie

I knew Grinch leak was fake, and expected box theory to be confirmed.

But this is even worse than I thought.
WTF is this useless game mode ? I don't give a crap about it, is there anyone who does ?
No one is going to use that in regular match.
Probably a way to make people play solo mode because Online is goign to suck once more.

And what pisses me even more, is that they waisted their time making that crap instead of trophies.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Probably easier to make it as dlc as a spirit than an assist or part of Diddy's final smash.
Whew, not an assist! Remember, spirits are supposed to replace trophies, she can still come in via dlc!!

Last edited:

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Probably easier to make it as dlc as a spirit than an assist or part of Diddy's final smash.
Whew, not an assist! Remember, spirits are supposed to replace trophies, she can still come in via dlc!!
Yeah I was super disappointed when I saw her as a spirit, but being a spirit is a much better option than assist or anything thing else!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong being a spirit does not de-confirm her any more than being a trophy deconfirmed Mewtwo and Lucas for Smash 4 DLC.

We still do not know Diddy Kong's Final Smash. I also heard there are only going to be five newcomer slots for DLC, and unless Pirahna Plant took one of them, that means only five chances to be DLC. Maybe only four.

We shall see what happens. The battle continues on. For now.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
no assist trophy is GOOD NEW

Isaac is one ..

i supose we will get skull kid // geno // banjo // dixie and i dont know..
i just hope this is not only third party

cybersai

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say Spirits de-confirm at all, they remind me of the stickers from Brawl.

Isaac is an Assist, we could have had a Dixie Assist but didn't. Take that as a good sign.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
I'm kind of glad that the Grinch leak was fake. I thought it was real, but I didn't really care for it either way. Also, a lot of it's supporters were being very disrespectful to anyone that thought it was fake.

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet
I was pretty underwhelmed by the direct. We do know what Spirits Modes is, though even that seems pretty meh. What probably disappointed me even more, is that Spring Man, Rex, and Isaac, are now deconfirmed. Spring and Isaac are assist trophies, and Rex is a Mii costume. While the Spirits thing showed Dixie Kong, I doubt that means she's deconfirmed. As Sakurai said, it is meant to replace Trophies. So there's probably still hope for Dixie.....I hope....

Klimax

Smash Ace
Guys, Dixie as a spirit doesn't deconfirm her. There's still a chance !

But that was still a terrible direct and I'm not interested by that Spirits Mode.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
so basically status quo with dixie. we'll just hope for dlc and pray shes not in diddys fs like we have for the last 5 months

better than i was anticipating

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Guys, Dixie as a spirit doesn't deconfirm her. There's still a chance !

But that was still a terrible direct and I'm not interested by that Spirits Mode.
I hope you're right, but with the 5 dlc characters already planned, I'm not feeling confident.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
So we still don't know Diddy's final smash. It's her last hurdle while others have fallen. Let the kongpaign and her kongquest begin

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
For Dixie to simply be a spirit is utterly shocking. I cannot believe he didn't just make her an echo... Wouldn't that have been easy fan service? Maybe not worth it to Sakurai. Damn it...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Technically the trophies implied were mainly for the Veterans. Dunno if any newcomers were upgraded from a trophy through a DLC.

Anyway... I think I need to go simmer this whole thing down a bit.

At the end though... we did our best. All of us.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
The fact that the Piranha plant, as fun and awesome as it is, was decided to be developed as a character over many others is a hype killer. I have absolutely ZERO hope for DLC.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Well at least Dixie is only spirit, I don't know what that means for her...

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I know the piranha plant is supposed to be funny and all but it just makes me kinda bummed they used time developing that instead of characters people actually wanted...

Hope for DLC is still alive though, but honestly characters like Rex, Sylux, FE: 3H characters are probably gonna take up those slots, and that's without taking 3rd parties into account. I wish they would've done a second ballot.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
I know the piranha plant is supposed to be funny and all but it just makes me kinda bummed they used time developing that instead of characters people actually wanted...

Hope for DLC is still alive though, but honestly characters like Rex, Sylux, FE: 3H characters are probably gonna take up those slots, and that's without taking 3rd parties into account. I wish they would've done a second ballot.
The way Sakurai talked, Rex isn't happening.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
idk about yall but im still confident in dixie for dlc

im staying optimistic even if it kills me

cybersai

Smash Ace
Guys, almost EVERY Nintendo character is a spirit. They're like the stickers from Brawl.

I would not say Dixie is de-confirmed at all. Geno was a spirit too for that matter. At least they are not assists, poor Isaac.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
the thing is ...only 5 dlc ( no echo) they will go ALL third party i supose and dixie ..dont get me wrong she is my favorite but is she enough big to be 1 of the 5 ? :(

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Dixie's absence is just so baffling, all the other popular first party characters are accounted for, Krystal, Ashley, Isaac, Waluigi and Skull Kid are all assists. So where the hell is Dixie? Why is she not in this game at all besides a glorified sticker? Was she planned and scrapped again? did they just forget about her and put in a klaptrap as an assist instead? seriously what gives?

Edit: well except for bandana dee, he and dixie are pretty much the only ones nowhere to be found

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Sakurai said they planned the DLC already, I don't know if Rex is making it either. Spring Man being an Assist when I thought he was a shoo-in for DLC honestly made me laugh...wow

Top Bottom