• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not to rain on your parade, but I don't think an Italian Nintendo account is hinting anything DKC-related. It's just an Instagram story with no real purpose behind it. The speculation surrounding the story feature doesn't make sense because DKC already has 5 games.
Really if that's the case then

Why is the post gone now

That like 100% the time happens when a hinted thing or leak happens.

StormC

Smash Hero
Not to rain on your parade, but I don't think an Italian Nintendo account is hinting anything DKC-related. It's just an Instagram story with no real purpose behind it. The speculation surrounding the story feature doesn't make sense because DKC already has 5 games.
Obviously it would be a third Retro game though. Not a third DKC in general.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Really if that's the case then

Why is the post gone now

That like 100% the time happens when a hinted thing or leak happens.
It's gone now because Instagram Stories only last 24 hours after being posted.

Obviously it would be a third Retro game though. Not a third DKC in general.
Well, yeah. It would obviously be a third DKC game by Retro Studios, doesn't change the fact that it would be the sixth title in the DKC series. It's a bit of a stretch to believe that there is a hidden hint in something that's supposed to be innocent fun. People are just making arbitrary connections to the story feature because Retro Studios has made two DKC games in the past and because they haven't revealed what they're working on.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
I'm in. If we get denied K. Rool again, we should at least have Dixie. (tho I'd love both to be included)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
She's the secondary and main playable character in two of the best selling SNES games, she's popular, she's relevant and she can have an interesting moveset using her giant ponytail.

She definitely deserves to be in Smash.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I was lurking GameFAQs, and I came across this topic:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros/76483838

What do you all think? I know that trying to predict Sakurai is incredibly difficult for the most part, but I think the logic is pretty sound. If the roster was finalized in 2016, TF would be one of the games that would be looked at, given its relative success on the Wii U.

StormC

Smash Hero
Considering he put Skull Kid and Midna on the list, I wouldn't give it much thought.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
SethTheMage SethTheMage :
It seems very logical, but from that potential newcomer list, I believe that only Dixie Kong, K.Rool, a fourth Kirby character and a new Pokemon character are realistic choices. Inlinks are already confirmed. I'm really excited right now, we could really get Dixie and K.Rool this time!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
TBH the post doesn't mean too much by itself, but add up all the stuff that came before, like the references in Mario Odyssey, the Rabbids DLC, and the Switch port with this post and we have at the very least Nintendo priming us for some big DK news. They're keeping the series in the public eye for a reason, so a brand new game nearby doesn't sound crazy.

What do you all think? I know that trying to predict Sakurai is incredibly difficult for the most part, but I think the logic is pretty sound. If the roster was finalized in 2016, TF would be one of the games that would be looked at, given its relative success on the Wii U.
What fascinates me most here is the likely timeframe. It makes sense based on the way the OP laid out the speculation, and if true Dixie's definitely a good candidate, since she was the most popular Kong in Tropical Freeze by a mile.

IDK what to make of his list specifically though, since Inklings are a no-brainer choice and I'm not sure about his Zelda suggestions, but I respect the logic behind it.

C Coofle DeDoofle and Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog I'll add y'all to the list very soon.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Unless Smash Switch is a "Smash 4 Deluxe" instead of Smash 5, I seriously doubt they would have the roster finalized by 2016. Heck, if it is a brand new Smash, I don't think it is being released this year as they implied.

Personally, I don't think Hyrule Warriors (and Pokken) is getting a rep, though with its popularity, I can see a Breath of the Wild character being added to the roster. I would prefer Tetra myself, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Elma would be super cool, but I somehow find it more likely to see some generic animu Xenoblade 2 character being added instead.

At the end of the day, no one can predict who will be added. The Smash 4 newcomer roster was nothing like people predicted, after all.

SethTheMage SethTheMage :
It seems very logical, but from that potential newcomer list, I believe that only Dixie Kong, K.Rool, a fourth Kirby character and a new Pokemon character are realistic choices. Inlinks are already confirmed. I'm really excited right now, we could really get Dixie and K.Rool this time!
You don't think a new Fire Emblem character is realistic? Come on, Sakurai loves Fire Emblem, he even admits it. We might get two or three new FE reps.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Unless Smash Switch is a "Smash 4 Deluxe" instead of Smash 5, I seriously doubt they would have the roster finalized by 2016. Heck, if it is a brand new Smash, I don't think it is being released this year as they implied.
Sakurai started development on an unknown project in early 2016 (like, as soon as the Smash 4 DLC was done). If that was the case, the roster would definitely be finished in 2016 as Smash 4's was done by May 2012, two months after development started.

You don't think a new Fire Emblem character is realistic? Come on, Sakurai loves Fire Emblem, he even admits it. We might get two or three new FE reps.
Sakurai also admitted he went overboard with Fire Emblem last time. I'm sure we could get one new character, but I really doubt two or three.

Last edited:

Cazzone

Smash Cadet
I’m starting to get hyped guys, I’m really really positive she’ll make it in Smash this time!

Cazzone

Smash Cadet
Guys, since I’m new here, I’m curious about a thing.

Since we know the smash ballot results are used for reference for Smash 5, how was Dixie’s fanbase back then? Was she supported? During the ballot, was she supported, or has she got a lot of votes? Based on how well Dixie did during the ballot her chances may increase or decrease...!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

Since we know the smash ballot results are used for reference for Smash 5, how was Dixie’s fanbase back then? Was she supported? During the ballot, was she supported, or has she got a lot of votes? Based on how well Dixie did during the ballot her chances may increase or decrease...!
She was supported pretty decently. If I had to guess, she's probably in the top 15-20. Maybe top 10 Nintendo characters.

There's no nice way of saying it, but most DK fans banded together behind K. Rool during the ballot. I think however, a lot of votes for both would have mentioned wanting new DK characters, so Sakurai might take note and put both in.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

I ran a dixie support twitter page back then actually come to think of it and she was pretty well supported from what I remember, it's been a long time tho tbh so idk

You can't relaly use the fanbase as an accurate look at things unfortunately. The smash fanbase is a bunch of echo chambers mixed with vocal minorities. So if you want ballot data it's a shot in the dark. The hardcore fanbase liker her a decent bit. I would say probably top 20 or better.

This is speculation, but I imagine she did pretty well casually based on the recent game.
:061:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
C Coofle DeDoofle and Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog You two are now officially members of the Barrel! Welcome inside.

Also for everyone, I've found this vid of Funky's intros for 5/6 bosses in Tropical Freeze:
I honestly love that he's not a reskin of DK and that Retro bothered to give him his own personality and body language. That subtle stuff goes a very long way.

Her support was solid I'd say but not remarkable. Back then I took the reigns of this thread and was scrambling to finish up the moveset I drew for her and keep hype alive, but I'm not sure how much of an effect it made on a large scale. A lot of the effort went into countering Dixie's threats, namely being a Diddy clone and showing that she has more going for her in her own series and Nintendo as a whole than just some girly chimp. The Dixie vs K. Rool venom had died down a good while before the Ballot was even announced, so the hostility from that was very minimal and didn't cause problems.

At the end of the day I can't say where she landed in the polls. I made a lot of posts about her on tumblr and deviant art for whatever that's worth but the honest answer I can give to your question is a shrug. :/

Last edited:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I do really hope we get Dixie in Smash and a new DK Game for Switch, I can't think of too many other Nintendo Characters that I would choose over Dixie even looking objectively on it. I had a really strange dream...in my dream we got a really cool trailer showing Donkey and Diddy fighting against Nintendo's "most loved characters" like Mario, Link and Samus. Donkey and Diddy get all beaten up but then Dixie, Funky and Cranky arrive to help and beat the **** out of the other characters. Lastly, K.Rool appears and he is so strong that the DK crew and the other characters join forces to defeat him. Haha, I'm so desperately hoping to get Dixie that I have those weird dreams. 4 DK newcomers....very unrealistic though

Last edited:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Reila Reila
Like StormC said, Sakurai admitted there were too many Fire Emblem characters. I think that's likely he replaces some of the FE characters with newer ones.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I do really hope we get Dixie in Smash and a new DK Game for Switch, I can't think of too many other Nintendo Characters that I would choose over Dixie even looking objectively on it. I had a really strange dream...in my dream we got a really cool trailer showing Donkey and Diddy fighting against Nintendo's "most loved characters" like Mario, Link and Samus. Donkey and Diddy get all beaten up but then Dixie, Funky and Cranky arrive to help and beat the **** out of the other characters. Lastly, K.Rool appears and he is so strong that the DK crew and the other characters join forces to defeat him. Haha, I'm so desperately hoping to get Dixie that I have those weird dreams. 4 DK newcomers....very unrealistic though
I'm imagining the silhouettes of Dixie, Funky and Cranky in a cool position arrived to take revenge of the other N characters, and I laughed

it would be very cool. But I'm not sure to want SO MANY dkc characters as newcomer. I mean, we aren't so greedy as FE fans, am I right? ;) (j k dear FE fans, no offense please)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm laughing at the thought of Sakurai getting accused of DK bias. What a complete 180 from last time. Though, I can still see the possibility of Funky getting in alongside Dixie and K. Rool as a last-minute DK clone or an Alph-style alternate costume; it's too soon for his recent rise to the spotlight to affect this game's development imo.

But, that's neither here nor there. I'm neutral on his inclusion, but would gladly welcome him if we get Dixie and K. Rool.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Reila Reila
Like StormC said, Sakurai admitted there were too many Fire Emblem characters. I think that's likely he replaces some of the FE characters with newer ones.
Hopefully. I actually do like Fire Emblem (the older games, mainly Ike's games, not the lame dating sim ones), but I think the series is a tad over-represented, while series like Donkey Kong... No, or worse, a series like Rhythm Heaven doesn't even have one rep.

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool and Dixie is all the franchise really needs. They and Ridley are the last genuine Nintendo all-stars left.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I feel like Dixie has some of the best chances around.

Hankering for DK character? Check.
Appeared in a major role in the last consoles generation? Check.
Hero of their own game? Check!

Things have aligned for her I feel and with the Tropical Freeze port she's going to reach an even wider audience than on Wii U.

On another note I'd really like to see Dixie appearing in more Mario spinoffs. We've seen her appear in a few sports titles but I'd love to see her put in a Mario Kart appearance soon. Funky already got a shot.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace

The logic is sound but some of the picks don’t make much sense. I doubt we’d get two Zelda newcomers and if we did and Sakurai was basing the characters on breath of the wild, which had many shiekah in it. Along with Impa being a major character in hyrule warriors, i’d say she’s more likely than either of those choices.

I think Phoenix Wright is more likely than Monster Hunter too. Maybe that’s the reason he wasn’t in marvel vs capcom infinite.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
The logic is sound but some of the picks don’t make much sense. I doubt we’d get two Zelda newcomers and if we did and Sakurai was basing the characters on breath of the wild, which had many shiekah in it. Along with Impa being a major character in hyrule warriors, i’d say she’s more likely than either of those choices.

I think Phoenix Wright is more likely than Monster Hunter too. Maybe that’s the reason he wasn’t in marvel vs capcom infinite.
Two Zelda newcomers isn't out of the realm of possibility tbh, Mario had 2 in smash 4 and the series hasn't seen a real newcomer since melee (where they added 2 in Zelda and Sheik technically as well)

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Two Zelda newcomers isn't out of the realm of possibility tbh, Mario had 2 in smash 4 and the series hasn't seen a real newcomer since melee (where they added 2 in Zelda and Sheik technically as well)
Well then I wouldn’t say skull kid is likely, I will never understand the desire for him in smash. Even in hyrule warriors he has pretty boring moves.

I would be cool with Midna though.

But ideally I’d like Impa and Classic Ganon

I don’t want to get off topic though so i’ll just say I think Dixie is a lock for this game considering the timing and the fact that she’s one of the most iconic Nintendo characters not in smash.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai will struggle to include any Zelda characters because of the lack of a recurring cast outside of the main trio. Impa is probably the most likely one, though if I'm honest I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed the same as 4.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Well then I wouldn’t say skull kid is likely, I will never understand the desire for him in smash. Even in hyrule warriors he has pretty boring moves.

I would be cool with Midna though.

But ideally I’d like Impa and Classic Ganon

I don’t want to get off topic though so i’ll just say I think Dixie is a lock for this game considering the timing and the fact that she’s one of the most iconic Nintendo characters not in smash.
Dixie is probably the most likely character but we know sakurai (or we don't I guess lol), but she has the relevance (Tropical freeze was 2014 while the roster was likely finalized in 2016 which is pretty perfect), she has decent popularity and great moveset potential.

I have a feeling we're gonna get BOTW characters in smash tbh, idk but Mipha and Daruk would be neat, plus playing as a Zora and Goron in smash feels overdue.

I think Sakurai will struggle to include any Zelda characters because of the lack of a recurring cast outside of the main trio. Impa is probably the most likely one, though if I'm honest I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed the same as 4.
I feel like they HAVE to add someone by this point, Nintendo's 3rd biggest series only having 4ish unique characters is mad weird.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I feel like they HAVE to add someone by this point, Nintendo's 3rd biggest series only having 4ish unique characters is mad weird.
I want Classic Ganon (lol) but that's another topic.

I'm hesitant to call Dixie a lock. I don't think any newcomer is a lock for this game. Smash 4 made a clear effort to add female fighters but she missed the boat, even in DLC. The TF port won't make a difference here either due to timing. Her chances are pretty good overall though. But if she's in the game, my gut feeling is she's an unlockable.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I want Classic Ganon (lol) but that's another topic.

I'm hesitant to call Dixie a lock. I don't think any newcomer is a lock for this game. Smash 4 made a clear effort to add female fighters but she missed the boat, even in DLC. The TF port won't make a difference here either due to timing. Her chances are pretty good overall though. But if she's in the game, my gut feeling is she's an unlockable.
Dixie missed that boat cause she and tropical freeze were too late to be considered for the roster, the project plan was done in 2012 while Tropical Freeze was released in 2014, notice there wasn't any other TF content in Sm4sh other than music and trophies.

I wouldn't call her a lock either since sakurai is weird like that but her chances are damn high imo.

StormC

Smash Hero
Dixie missed that boat cause she and tropical freeze were too late to be considered for the roster, the project plan was done in 2012 while Tropical Freeze was released in 2014, notice there wasn't any other TF content in Sm4sh other than music and trophies.

I wouldn't call her a lock either since sakurai is weird like that but her chances are damn high imo.
Dixie was almost in Brawl, is the thing (albeit as a partner to Diddy). Yet was a complete no-show for 4. Going off that, Tropical Freeze was originally gonna be a winter 2013 release and had been in development for over a year before Sakurai started working on the roster. The language/communication barrier probably ruled out him reaching out to Retro to see what was going on, and she could have been promotional DLC like Corrin but wasn't. So we'll see how things shake out this time.

The optimistic outcome is Sakurai notices how much he neglected the DK franchise during Smash 4 - and taking the ballot into consideration - and adds both K. Rool and Dixie.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Dixie was almost in Brawl, is the thing (albeit as a partner to Diddy). Yet was a complete no-show for 4. Going off that, Tropical Freeze was originally gonna be a winter 2013 release and had been in development for over a year before Sakurai started working on the roster. The language/communication barrier probably ruled out him reaching out to Retro to see what was going on, and she could have been promotional DLC like Corrin but wasn't. So we'll see how things shake out this time.

The optimistic outcome is Sakurai notices how much he neglected the DK franchise during Smash 4 - and taking the ballot into consideration - and adds both K. Rool and Dixie.
december 2013 still would've been too late and it seems like sakurai likes to represent games that are already out, it's probably easier to pull from. Dixie missed the boat for DLC tbh, the only other first party newcomer was Corrin who was undoubtedly the most relevant choice they could've picked

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Well, for a mascot fighter where people want to see their favorites fight, Corrin was an awful choice. Corrin was nobody's favorite. Dixie would have been better, at least even if she was partly promotional, she had a history and a fanbase to please. Corrin had investors to please. What a bad choice!

Spatman

Smash Ace
mmm actually I guess it was the right choice to not include Dixie in dlcs
I mean, if (as I thought or hoped) the final presentation would have showed as, beside Cloud, other 4 characters for a total of 5 final dlcs, and maybe just another of them was a guest star, Dixie could have fitted well: among other 2 or 3 Nintendo characters a char like Dixie (well recognizable, quite appreciated, but not a total aestethically different character from anyother one, nor an astonishing mindblowning inclusion) would have been perfect: she would have been the icy on the cake, among the presentation of other 2 nintendo characters who were objectively stronger.

But with only one first party newcomer, the choice could have been only between a promotional character or an extremely over-requested character (K Rool/Inkling tier). Now that we know that a new chapter of Smash would arrived after just 2 years, it's pretty obvious (or at least very understandable) that they choose to salve the biggest names for the new chapter

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
In hindsight, Dixie not being DLC doesn't mean a whole lot imo. Every DLC character was either:
-A highly requested cut veteran
-An iconic and unexpected 3rd party character
-A relevant advertisement
-Based on the Smash Ballot

Dixie missed the boat on all sides for Smash 4 imo. Her return to relevance was likely too late to make the initial project plan, she wasn't popular enough to make for an exciting DLC reveal for the general community, and TF was already a year and a half old by the time they were working on the second half of the DLC, so it had already made most of its sales. Corrin was likely put in to advertise a fresh, new game that hadn't yet released worldwide as a way to draw up interest. They only planned on 7 DLC characters, so they had to be special in some way imo.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
One of the good things about Dixie missing the DLC train is that she's less likely to be a clone. We're looking at a new game with a development time longer than the DLC cycle and thus more resources.

Unless Sakurai went with Cranky and we factor in that plausible timeline of 2012-2016, Tropical Freeze is likely to get more than just a stage and music. We could get Dixie as part of this Smash's focus on the Wii U era, as she'd be referencing that game in addition to being the favorite pick of the 4 Kongs. With this Smash being new and the longer development plus resources we don't have to worry about last minute additions or "Extra Desserts", and the other elephant in the room.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I was bored, so I expanded my moveset to a full concept. I slightly edited the specials, so this is the most up-to-date concept for everything.

Dixie Kong

Properties:
Weight - Light, similar to Pikachu
Dash Speed - Average, similar to Rosalina
Air Acceleration - Max, like Palutena/Rosalina
Air Speed - Good, a few points under Wario
Jump Height - Similar to Diddy

Normals:

On the ground: Dixie isn't the most mobile on the ground; she has a pretty defensive playstyle using her hair to poke, wall out, and grab opponents. She can use her aerial mobility to help offset this if she needs to move around fast and get around projectile camping. At low percents, her goal is to get her opponents into the air to extend combos and rack up damage; at high percents, she can use her grabs (fsmash and bthrow) to kill.

Jab: 3-hit combo. Dixie does two slaps and punches her opponent away. Low damage and knockback, but is fast and a decent get-off-me tool.

Ftilt: Dixie leans against her hair and kicks forward. Low damage and knockback.

Utilt: Dixie sweeps her hair around her in a quick counterclockwise motion, similar to Greninja and sword characters. Low knockback, but fast, disjointed, and can link into itself a few times like Toon Link.

Dtilt: Dixie whips her hair in front of her. Fast and decent poke, but low damage and knockback.

Fsmash: Dixie coils inward and throws her hair out in front of her. Upon hit, Dixie grabs her opponent and spins them around her once before throwing them away at a horizontal angle. On whiff, it has punishable endlag. This is Dixie's strongest kill move, but is risky.

Usmash: 2-hit combo. Dixie faces the screen and crouches low, spins her hair along the ground once (1st hit), and whips it upward (2nd hit). 1st hit sends opponents into 2nd. Relatively low knockback, but sends opponents into disadvantage for aerial followups.

Dsmash: Dixie does a handstand and rapidly spins her hair below her. 6-hit combo on either side, and last hit knocks opponents away with decent knockback and good damage.

Dash Attack: Pirouette attack from Tropical Freeze. Dixie spins rapidly and collides into opponents with her body. Singular hit with decent knockback.

Grab: Dixie reels her head back quickly and whips her hair forward, grabbing her opponent and holding them in front of her. Tether grab with similar framedata to Lucas' grab.

Pummel: Dixie slaps her opponent.

Fthrow: Barrel throw animation from DKC2. Dixie reels her head back and throws her opponent forward. Decent knockback and damage.

Bthrow: Dixie slams her opponent on the ground behind her, using the force to flip over them and throw them behind her. Strong kill throw.

Uthrow: Dixie turns toward the screen and reels her head up, throwing her opponents skyward. Low end lag and sets up for aerial followups.

Dthrow: Dixie jumps and throws her opponent into the ground beneath her, sending them slightly behind her. Leads into aerial followups at low percents.

In the air: Dixie has two midair jumps to aid with air combos and to mix up her landing, as her weight and lack of safe landing aerials can make her struggle a bit to get out of disadvantage. She has fast aerial acceleration and good top air speed, giving her great aerial mobility. She is floaty with high gravity, so she stays in the air for a bit before falling down fast, similar to Palutena. Her aerial game is mainly for extending combos and general movement, as her aerials don't have a lot of kill power.

Nair: Dixie kicks to either side of her. First hit (in front of Dixie) is fast with decent knockback and damage, but is more for knocking opponents away than comboing. Second hit has kill power. Comes out fast and has low landing lag, but punishable on shield due to its short range.

Fair: Dixie kicks upwards in front of her. Fast, low knockback, and hits with a vertical angle that links into itself with a midair jump at low/mid percents. Low landing lag, but punishable on shield.

Bair: Dixie sweeps her hair behind her in a vertical motion. Similar to Mewtwo's bair, but slightly faster and less range. Can be linked into itself or another aerial at low percents.

Uair: Dixie faces the screen and sweeps her hair above her in a counter-clockwise half-circle motion, similar to Marth/Lucina. Low landing lag, so can link into itself if used before landing.

Dair: Dixie faces the screen and whips her hair downward. The tip of the ponytail has a weak spike hitbox, and the middle/base knocks opponents away at a horizontal angle with decent knockback. Disjointed and fast.

Zair: Dixie quickly whips her hair forward. Low knockback, range (around Lucas's zair), and damage compared to other zairs, but good for poking. Tethers to the ledge.

Specials:

Neutral: Bubblegum Popgun - Dixie fires a small, fast projectile that bounces a couple of times along the ground like in TF. It has similar versatility to Mario's fireball, but less damage. Decent for conditioning reflectors/shields.

Side: Chimp Cyclone - Command grab. Dixie spins horizontally while moving forward and grabs an opponent with her hair before throwing them forward. Goes into special fall on whiff. Good for stage control, recovering from the ledge against a shielding opponent, or edgeguarding (though, a bit risky). Punishable endlag on the ground.

Up: Helicopter Spin - Dixie spins her hair so fast that she soars upward with a windbox below her. She has a hitbox on her hair going up that can knock opponents away. She slows her spin after a second and transitions into her iconic spinning animation from DKC2-3 and slowly descends with faster air speed than normal. She can cancel this animation into an airdodge/aerial.

Down: Guitar Blast - Dixie strums her guitar, emitting a small shockwave around her that briefly stuns opponents. Short range (around Jigglypuff's Sing), punishable endlag on whiff, and can be blocked, so it's best to use for dodge reads, footstool followups, or whiff punishes.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
How did I forget to post here, of course I Support Dixie, she’d be fantastic!

Top Bottom