• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DITICIT (Forward tossed sliding bomb) strategies and combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Hello, I'm from the Mega Man boards and I'm here just to share this with all of you. Lately, I thought of sharing this tech that allows for Forward tossed items to glide like glide tossing in Brawl.

Basically, you can potentially lead a bomb into anything with this tech, even kill moves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dzVm-ws5p0

It can be preformed a few ways, and using the Wiimote and Nunchuck happens to be the most easiest which can also pivot toss which cannot be done on the Non C-stick Method.

How to preform forward DITCIT without the C-Stick:

:GCR:>>>:GCDR::GCR:/:GCUR:+:GCA:(press and hold down) Then :GCB: immediately

And on the Wiimote and Nunchuck:

:GCR:>>>:GCUR:/:GCU:+:GCA:>>>:GCCR:(or):GCCL:>>>:GCCU:

Reason why its more difficult/impossible for the second method/wiimote & nunchuck to work on the GC remote:

The C-Stick would have to be returned to neutral in a short amount of time, therefore you need to refer to the Non C-stick method. (A.K.A. A+B Smash)

Now I realized the directions in the video can be confusing to some that is why I'm going to quote this post from my thread in the Mega Man boards:

...Any point between :GCDR:(here) and :GCR:(here) is where it should start, while ending :GCUR:(around this point) and sometimes :GCR:. In my experience, it sure helps a lot to start form the lowest point. The way it works is you'd have to press :GCA: to throw it but in very similar fashion of the other methods, it must be done in quick succession.

:GCN:+:GCA: play the biggest role in this while the smash commands are what come second which is why I recommend to hold :GCA: then press :GCB: after correctly flicking the control stick, but don't relax inbetween both buttons. When I say quick, I mean QUICK. (both buttons have to be pressed nearly at the same time.) You have a small window opened for :GCB: to be pressed, and yes, the non-c stick method does sound difficult, but once you understand, this can be relatively easy especially with a lot of practice.

Understanding :GCA:+:GCB: Smash in how it works:

To shed a little insight, the :GCA: button can be pressed and held at any point and while held down you press the :GCB: button and you'll get a forward smash. Combine that with the directional stick Before the Attack and Special buttons and you'll get your glide. How you flick will be the biggest influence in whether you get a forward slide or an up slide, and as long as you don't flick the control stick all the way up, you should be able to preform this.
OP/Discussion: http://smashboards.com/threads/ditcit-combos-forward-tossed.403258/

I hope you enjoy and if you're still confused, leave me a comment and I'll try to clarify anything I've said.

FSK

Smash Ace
Hello there thank you for sharing with us. The reason you don't see any topic about this is because this has been known to us since 2008.

If you want to read more about bombsliding with Link then look at the bombsection in this post
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-comprehensive-guide-to-links-ats.400585/

As of now Link has 8 variations of bombsliding. This could indicate that Megaman has 8 as well, you guys just need to figure out the inputs for them.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Hm... That's very well interesting. I only heard about it when I saw a few videos around April 19th circulating showing Mega Man sliding. It makes me wish I mained Link sooner so I can know about this faster. If anything, it means I should have investigated further. I never played Brawl serious, so I'm very new to this.

That guide has led me into looking into this more thoroughly in terms of inputs. Thanks for sharing it with me!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah the Links have this tech more than covered.

Note that the AT thread FSK linked you to was written for Link mains about Link, and so as I stated toward the top of the bombslide write-up, not everything will necessarily apply to your character. Different characters have different frames in which they can cancel the dash throw, and many characters cannot do 'fake-outs' at all, just for example.

Anyway, there's no real purpose to this thread at this point other than to school the mega man mains XD.
I'll tell you what, if you have any questions about bombsliding, feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom