• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Distance control with FW

Jo0

Smash Cadet
What I've noticed after watching all the videos and the discussion going on in the Shiek and Zelda forums is that no one controls the distance of where they land using FW on the ground. You are not limited to how short of the distance you can go. Tomorrow or tonight I'll post a demo file of me doing something of the sort and pics but as of now all I can do is explain it.

Instead of FW on the ground and moving the stick to the left or right, try pointing it at a downward left, a down right,or anything in between. (SW,SE, or between W and SW,or E and SE, or SW and S, or SE and S) Depending on how close you are to S is how much shorter the distance you travel with FW is.

If you guys know this already I'm sorry, but I feel like people should know about controling FW more, because I see alot more things to do when it comes to mind games with FW. (although I'm not a tactile user user of FW but I'm an offensive user.Meaning I like to chase people with FW no matter what, and I used to be very consistent (I quit playing for awhile))

EDIT: Never mind please delete I just saw the FW guide below and there is already a better explanation of this.

Top Bottom