• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dissapointment at online play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
So I've never really caught on to the whole online play.

My first problem was : When little was known about Online Play, me and my good friend were hyped thinking we'd get to play together against random people. Or at least in FFA but on the same screen or what not. BAM that ain't gonna happen. So I was like, okay whatever that's what IRL is for.

Of course, the lag is the second problem. It's not just me, it's everyone. The latency between the server and the client is pretty heavy, simply because it's constantly sending binary information for each client to then generate. So I understand that it can be heavy. But it's a big drag and really it's what kept me from playing online...but not the worst thing.

So today I decided, meh a few FFAs just for the heck of it. Let's do this. So I get online and in a game. I get disconnected. Alright, there's another problem I forgot, but hey these things happen and I understand that. But this, now this is no where near fun. I get in this game with a Zelda, Kirby and a Wolf. Not much movement, I'm thinking, great they're lagging worse than me.

So the only one moving is Zelda pretty much, so I go ahead a fight it out. Cept each time I get close to Kirby or Wolf, they hit me. But not when Zelda does. Whatever, the game ends and I lost so I decide to play again. Now this time they gang me. Ok so I'm not threatened (at least I don't think that I am) by bullies in Brawl but it really, really sucks. Furthermore, it's like as if they're sitting in the same room, on the same TV just camping the one random person that falls into their game. It really kills it for me.

Anyways, I can go on for nothing at all. It's just gay. Any suggestions for learning to appreciate online play? Maybe trying out against some of you all here (something I have yet to do). If by any chance a few people are interested in helping me like online play I generally use :
:lucas: :dedede: :wario: :zerosuitsamus: :falco: meh just to name a few I've mained more recently. I like playing the entire cast :)

I'm sorry if this thread is misplaced but I fell that "Brawl Online Discussion" is a good place for me to share my thoughts (and let others share theirs) about online brawling. I <3 u all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom