• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dispelling ZSS Myths FOREVER using frame and hitbox data :)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
There was a post way early in the game's lifetime that broke down actual invincibility time vs intangibility time. ZSS is actually only invincible for the middle third of most of her dodges. Unless that information has magically changed in the past two years.

I'm not really going to make a huge post explaining myself or citing sources or anything because I don't really care if you think I'm right or not. I'm just letting you know you're wrong.

If the character was as good as you seem to think she is more than one player would be performing with her.
Wow you are pretty worthless sometimes :/

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
There was a post way early in the game's lifetime that broke down actual invincibility time vs intangibility time. ZSS is actually only invincible for the middle third of most of her dodges. Unless that information has magically changed in the past two years.

I'm not really going to make a huge post explaining myself or citing sources or anything because I don't really care if you think I'm right or not. I'm just letting you know you're wrong.

If the character was as good as you seem to think she is more than one player would be performing with her.
lol, where do you get this **** from? That's not right at all.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Did you look at the spreadsheet? Because it lists intangibility/invulnerability data. Right there on the spreadsheet. And you are wrong. Inbefore the spreadsheet is wrong because I lost to Orion.

Spot and air dodges are only EVER intangible and never "invincible." A few characters spend extra frames in the "Z axis" but that's not most characters, it's like 1 or 2.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
While I love the name of myth 5, I think the explanation is rather lacking. If theres a 0 advantage they technically cant hit you with dolphin slash etc, right? They can hit you IF YOU buffer jab and they do that ****.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Wow you are pretty worthless sometimes :/
Better than being worthless all the time, broski.

@thatdodge****: I vividly recall the data being posted very early on in Brawl's lifetime in the then-unsplit competitive section. If I cared more I could find out if the thread still existed and dredge it up to link it, but hey! it doesn't matter to me, and I'm sure your day will be more enjoyable if you can spend it laughing at me than feeling stupid.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Im not even going to respond to that, and think it wise that nobody does.
You & others have responded to the rest of it, for months, providing me with much amusement.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Work wouldn't be the same without SFP getting so upset he created a thread specifically to jab at me.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
No, not really... I'm kinda a mild-mannered guy :\

I'll admit it's a little annoying that I spend a lot of time finding things, analyzing data and even just boring things like plugging numbers into spreadsheets (how I got the shield data as an example) to provide people with real information and you just go "nope, wrong" without providing anything useful.

I don't really care if you think ZSS is a bad character or if you think she's the best. The problem is more that you aren't stupid and if you wanted you could actually contribute something here. If ZSS has a flaw, talk about ways around them like the rest of us do. We're all aware we don't play a top tier character lol

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Even if they're not nationals it's still pretty cool to see other people doing work. These are from last weekend:

25 entrants
1. Dakpo :zerosuitsamus:
2. Dekar :diddy:
3. Bees :rob: :kirby2:
4. Bad Karma :dedede::popo::metaknight:
5. Furiousduffman :gw:
5. Isaacard :pikachu2:
7. Light :peach:
7. Arty :snake::metaknight:
48 Entrants
1: RedHoliday (RedHalberd) ($230) :metaknight: :falco:
2: Xaltis ($115) :falco: :metaknight:
3: GDX ($60) :diddy: :wario:
4: VSC.D-Torr ($40) :zerosuitsamus:
5: DFEAR ($20) :diddy:
5: DJ Jack ($20) :falco:
7: TaigaBlood (Mampam) :diddy: :snake:
7: Trump :fox:

fkacyan

Smash Hero
No, not really... I'm kinda a mild-mannered guy :\

I'll admit it's a little annoying that I spend a lot of time finding things, analyzing data and even just boring things like plugging numbers into spreadsheets (how I got the shield data as an example) to provide people with real information and you just go "nope, wrong" without providing anything useful.

I don't really care if you think ZSS is a bad character or if you think she's the best. The problem is more that you aren't stupid and if you wanted you could actually contribute something here. If ZSS has a flaw, talk about ways around them like the rest of us do. We're all aware we don't play a top tier character lol
Well, damn. Way to pull out the guilt trip. This was the SWF equivalent of that picture of the African kid with the lip thing.

@NefB: When I look at results I'm looking for consistency. While I do troll around quite a bit I also spend quite a bit of time watching streams, matches, and keeping tabs on major results.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
@NefB: When I look at results I'm looking for consistency. While I do troll around quite a bit I also spend quite a bit of time watching streams, matches, and keeping tabs on major results.
Fair enough, as do I.

To be honest your post made me check out the tourney results thread, which I haven't done in a while, so I have no idea how well people have been doing lately. My guess is that we haven't been doing much since I haven't heard about it otherwise. Nevertheless it's cool seeing other people legitimately contending for top 8 in decently sized tourneys besides Nick

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
While I love the name of myth 5, I think the explanation is rather lacking. If theres a 0 advantage they technically cant hit you with dolphin slash etc, right? They can hit you IF YOU buffer jab and they do that ****.
The best thing you can do is buffer a spot dodge, probably, but it's all about the read.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Well yeah. Buffering a jab just beats dash grab, though, which was my point. You can do anything that comes out in 1 frame (or more, depending on their punish) but a jab will come out before anything else. I guess.

Top Bottom