• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disgaea

Kitto

Smash Rookie

I noticed that there isn't a Disgaea thread,Sir Laharl will not be pleased dood.If there is a thread of it then sorry >.<!

This will be a general Disgaea thread that will talk about any Disgaea games.

Icebreakers

-Favorite Disgaea Game?

-Favorite Disgaea Character?(If you want you could choose to generic characters too.)

-Longest Play Time?

-Dood?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only thing I know about Disgaea is the entire franchise combined has sold less than half a single mainstream dragon quest game sells in japan (only).

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Dood!!

I'm so I love with this right now! ^_^

I currently am playing Disgaea 4 as of today, I must say it looks impressive!

I've also own most of the older games from PS2 and the previous one from PS3, The Hour of Darkness is definetly my favorite thus far, I loved the plot and grinding level was fun, the item world and leveling up their items was also enjoyable, I especially liked the music from it as well.

My favorite character I have to say is Fallen Angel Flonne <333

Although, Laharl was my favorite protagonist thus far, and the prinnies are just too cute, I like the Dragons though since they are very powerful.

My longest playtime from Hour of Darkness was about 150+ hours, it took me that much to gring, reincarnate stats, level up weapon levels, going through a bunch of item worlds, leveling up new recruits and yes, even replaying so of them all while figuring out the random generated Geo puzzles, I found it difficult at first but later got a accustomed to doing at least 200+ combo chains, it was cool.

I cannot wait to see how Disgaea 4 turns out, the opening theme looks promising. ^_^

:phone:

Kitto

Smash Rookie
The only thing I know about Disgaea is the entire franchise combined has sold less than half a single mainstream dragon quest game sells in japan (only).
Don't listen to the statistics it's a wonderful game and you should try it dood.

Dood!!

I'm so I love with this right now! ^_^

I currently am playing Disgaea 4 as of today, I must say it looks impressive!

I've also own most of the older games from PS2 and the previous one from PS3, The Hour of Darkness is definetly my favorite thus far.

Whhaat?!I still haven't gotten it >.< how are the character graphics?When I get mine I'll probably switch to the old Ps2 sprites,can't beat the classics.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
This thread is gonna die, not enough love for these games. :/

The newer the game the more I like it, I enjoy them all though. Loving 4 right now.

OmegaXXII

Whhaat?!I still haven't gotten it >.< how are the character graphics?When I get mine I'll probably switch to the old Ps2 sprites,can't beat the classics.
Well, the characters graphics basically still look the same, they're just sort of cel-shaded, but not by much, it still holds it's classic 2D style which looks epic on the PS3, I just started it today but it looks impressive by the looks of it, you should definetly give it a go if you own a PS3.

The one I've never played, but always wanted to was Disgaea DS, I heard it's like Hour of Darkness but the plot revolves around Etna rather than Laharl, controlling "ma' squad" of Prinny's is all so good, I'm also interested in that Prinny game that came out on the PSP, by the looks of it, it looks like another great game. ^_^

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The one I've never played, but always wanted to was Disgaea DS, I heard it's like Hour of Darkness but the plot revolves around Etna rather than Laharl, controlling "ma' squad" of Prinny's is all so good, I'm also interested in that Prinny game that came out on the PSP, by the looks of it, it looks like another great game. ^_^

That's just an extra story, it's in the PSP and DS ports of Disgaea 1.

The PSP port of Disgaea 2 has an extra story revolving around Axel that works similarly, Disgaea 3 & 4 also have something similar as DLC.

Kitto

Smash Rookie
This thread is gonna die, not enough love for these games. :/

The newer the game the more I like it, I enjoy them all though. Loving 4 right now.
:( And here I thought many people loved these games since there is already a Disgaea 4. Dooooood...

Well, the characters graphics basically still look the same, they're just sort of cel-shaded, but not by much, it still holds it's classic 2D style which looks epic on the PS3, I just started it today but it looks impressive by the looks of it, you should definetly give it a go if you own a PS3.

Ah,you're talking about Etna mode,yeah you can play that on the PSP and DS portable versions haha,I loved it.The prinny game is fun but very challenging if you ever plan on buying it be ready to die a few times!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
:( And here I thought many people loved these games since there is already a Disgaea 4. Dooooood...
There's enough love to kep the games alive, at least for now.

But this really isn't a thread that will live for a long time. :/

Kitto

Smash Rookie
Oh,I forgot to do my own Ice Breakers.

-Favorite Disgaea Game?
Probably Disgaea 3 I like the class system with the clubs and all that,plus the story is funny.

-Favorite Disgaea Character?(If you want you could choose to generic characters too.)
Prinnies dood!

-Longest Play Time?
Hm,mine was Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness for the PSP.I had almost...200+ hrs?

-Dood?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
The game is targeted at a very niche audience so it's not a surprise that many people have not heard/aren't interested.

Currently playing through Disgaea 4. Can't wait to start that post-game.

OmegaXXII

Ah,you're talking about Etna mode,yeah you can play that on the PSP and DS portable versions haha,I loved it.The prinny game is fun but very challenging if you ever plan on buying it be ready to die a few times!
Yes, I guess it's a 'simple' mode eh? Yeah, I might actually give it a try since I do happen to own a PSP already, I might even pick up that Prinny game as well, if you said it's hard and challenging then that's more of a reason I should try it out, I like cute Prinny's anyway. :3c

Top Bottom