• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion thread for the 2024 USA election

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Biden does have leverage over Israel the aid we are giving them can be given with conditions. Stop bombing Gaza, agree to a ceasefire and let the aid in along with letting the UN in to the strip to investigate the atrocities committed by the IDF and Hamas. These are very reasonable demands that Biden could make,

In the eyes of the world it doesn't matter which party the president belonged to. Both parties are responsible for supporting the war.

Cannon I want to ask where do you get your news from.

I told you that Biden forced Netanyahu to walk back his statement. It shows that Biden has some power over the Prime Minister.

If that's what it takes to get aid into the strip and to force the ceasefire then fine cooperate with Israel in fact I would prefer if the US sent troops to ensure that the aid gets to where its suppose to go and to stop the settlers from destroying the aid trucks like they have been doing while the IDF looked the other way.

and lastly there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq the point of the invasion was to stop Saddam from getting those weapons. It was only until we didn't find any weapons so it was a misguided lie instead of an outright one.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The last little paragraph makes sense, but it does not change that the Middle East has hated the US long before.

By the way, the rest of what you said tickles my funny bone. Seriously, what good will Biden’s actions be if Israel does not cooperate? Their cooperation is needed for something you did, and Israel’s leader backing down on his comments after what Biden said to him? He did that on his own accord. Biden did not do it for him.

That said, Biden does not have much, if any power and control over Israel. You’re exaggerating. Biden can’t make everything happen on his own. It’s not like Netenyahu will cooperate with Biden’s every request. Otherwise, the attacks on Gaza would have ended long before now.

Anyway, Alicorn, I don’t think I need to show you where I get my sources from, for you’ll just dispute or say they are bad, anyway. I am pretty sure they are reliable.

EDIT: I just saw the presidential debate.

I noticed Trump was lying, trying to blame Biden for things Trump himself actually did, talked more about money and even talked more about himself when accusing Biden of things, and was avoiding questions. He is trying to hide a lot. His lies tell me he does not care about America at all.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
For Christ's sake, put them both in a home. Why do we not have a law against letting senile old ****s remain in office? If you're not gonna be mentally conscious in ten years what makes them qualified to run our country?

They're an embarrassment to our country.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
CannonStreak CannonStreak If you really believe the sources are reliable you would tell me what they were. By withholding that information you are giving the impression that you do not really trust the sources or that you are ashamed of them.

I'm asking so that I can get a better understanding about what your views are instead of making surface level judgements.

The debate was bad. There was no point getting around that. Biden is too old for the job. Any other politician would have hung Trump out to dry but because of Biden's speaking skills he made Trump look good even though Trump was just dodging questions and lying throughout the debate.

I feel the Democrats are reaping what they are sowing. They went with a candidate that was safe, staking their bets on a man who's main selling point is that he has connects with Obama.

Does this change the outcome of things? No people will vote for Biden to keep Trump out of office but it really makes the Democrat political machine look subpar. This will hurt Democrats in 2028 no doubt about that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
CannonStreak CannonStreak If you really believe the sources are reliable you would tell me what they were. By withholding that information you are giving the impression that you do not really trust the sources or that you are ashamed of them.

I'm asking so that I can get a better understanding about what your views are instead of making surface level judgements.

The debate was bad. There was no point getting around that. Biden is too old for the job. Any other politician would have hung Trump out to dry but because of Biden's speaking skills he made Trump look good even though Trump was just dodging questions and lying throughout the debate.

I feel the Democrats are reaping what they are sowing. They went with a candidate that was safe, staking their bets on a man who's main selling point is that he has connects with Obama.

Does this change the outcome of things? No people will vote for Biden to keep Trump out of office but it really makes the Democrat political machine look subpar. This will hurt Democrats in 2028 no doubt about that.
Well, I am more inclined to not give sources now, but if you must know, my main ones (sources) are NBC and MSNBC.

As for the debate, I am inclined to not disagree, which means for once, we agree. Maybe except for a few things, but I will say, politicians can't nominate the right people for president anymore.

Though I do support Biden, I have reasons to only support him by so much, so to an extent. I mean, that debate he was in and his performance did not help. Thing is though, I don't truly care if Biden wins...

...I just want Trump to lose.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I figured as much I also watch those sources and Pod save America I know that Biden is out there trying, I know the republicans are gumming up things.

Politicians only think of things in the short term. That's the price a country pays when one party silo's itself off from the rest of the world (GOP) and one is afraid to take chances (Democrats) Its something that I feel comes with the times. Political strategist are working with little data since very few people actually answer polling questions. This is very noticeable on the Democrat side because Democrats do not have the networking that Republicans have.

Trump will lose. People hate Trump more than they like Biden. People who were going to vote for Trump most likely already had their mind made up.

We most likely agree on a lot of things. Just not foreign policy.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I figured as much I also watch those sources and Pod save America I know that Biden is out there trying, I know the republicans are gumming up things.

Politicians only think of things in the short term. That's the price a country pays when one party silo's itself off from the rest of the world (GOP) and one is afraid to take chances (Democrats) Its something that I feel comes with the times. Political strategist are working with little data since very few people actually answer polling questions. This is very noticeable on the Democrat side because Democrats do not have the networking that Republicans have.

Trump will lose. People hate Trump more than they like Biden. People who were going to vote for Trump most likely already had their mind made up.

We most likely agree on a lot of things. Just not foreign policy.
Perhaps so. It is still good to see we have the ability to agree on plenty of things, even if foreign policy is not one of them.

But yeah, politicians do think too much and only on the short term. Otherwise, we could have had a candidate in 2024 from the democrats that was NOT Biden. But yeah, I am not sure about you, but I am worried about Biden's age. That said, the politicians who nominate presidents, among other things, really need to do better, and maybe in any way, give the people what they really need. I mean, regardless of MY stance in foreign policy, I do think Biden has a lot going against him there, and that is not the only thing against him.

Speaking of foreign policy, I must admit that while I stand by a few things, there are, and I mean are likely to to be things I am missing in that area. I have not exactly passed judgement yet fully on the foreign policy, since I don't know everything, but yeah.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There is something I need to get off my chest now: I know this does not completely have to do with the presidential election, but I am mad a the Supreme Court for their immunity ruling today! I know they did some not so great things, but they have gone too fare this time. It makes me wonder if we should have a Supreme Court with this kind of corruption in it. It's like those Justices do not know how to stand up to Trump or are too loyal to him, which is likely to be the case for both cases.

Top Bottom