• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion about the upcoming Nintendo Direct on 9/13/18

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
The Nintendo Direct date has been announced. I wanted to create a discussion because I haven't seen one pop up yet for September 13th, 2018, not to be confused with the direct that happened on the same day in 2017. In terms of Smash Ultimate content, what are you guys expecting to see from it?

I would hope they announce Decidueye and/or Skull Kid as new fighters. More third party fighters would also be cool. For echo fighters, I would be estatic to see Dixie Kong, Shadow, and/or Ken.

Last edited:

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
Unique: Captain Toad, Tails, sora
Echo fighters: Shadow, Dry bowser, Plusle and minun

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I WANT Dixie Kong, Medusa, Bandana Dee, or Captain Toad.

I EXPECT Decidueye, Incinaroar, Issac, Isabelle, Shadow, or Skull Kid.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I love how this has it's own dedicated topic and yet most of the Direct discussion will happen on the general Smash Ultimate thread. Like everything else.

Last edited:

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that they will talk a lot of Super Smash Bros. because of the few length of 35 mins. However, they might announces 2 new characters for SSB with their respective stages. I think that we will have to wait until late october/early november for a new Nintendo Direct focused on Smash Bros (the hidden mode being revealed on this one, as well as the remaining characters/stages).

Because 35 mins is too short to announces new games +Nintendo Online Service AND Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
A new thread was already in the works, my apologies for not being able to post it earlier/before this one was made.

https://smashboards.com/threads/nintendo-direct-september-13th-2018.458363/

I love how this has it's own dedicated topic and yet most of the Direct discussion will happen on the general Smash Ultimate thread. Like everything else.
It's a general Nintendo Direct, so we're putting in the NintenZone. Obviously anything Smash specific can go in either thread, but the goal of the Direct thread is keep it updated with info on viewing the Direct itself vs just talking about Smash implications. People can choose as they please.

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice
Time for one or two reps of the following?
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Sin & Punishment, Pushmo, The Wonderful 101, Advance Wars, Ninja Gaiden, Dillon, Chibi Robo, Golden Sun, and Arms!

Characters aside, I'd love to get a good whiff of what's happening with the online mode!

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I don't think that they will talk a lot of Super Smash Bros. because of the few length of 35 mins. However, they might announces 2 new characters for SSB with their respective stages. I think that we will have to wait until late october/early november for a new Nintendo Direct focused on Smash Bros (the hidden mode being revealed on this one, as well as the remaining characters/stages).

Because 35 mins is too short to announces new games +Nintendo Online Service AND Super Smash Bros.
It's still enough for us to speculate what will be announced even if the content covered is small. I don't expect this supposed "Spirits" mode to be covered in this direct, but who knows. For all we know, they might not reveal anyone, and the mystery mode could be all they talk about.

I EXPECT Decidueye, Incinaroar, Issac, Isabelle, Shadow, or Skull Kid.
Also, can someone please explain to me who Issac is? I see him often as a character suggestion, and it makes me feel like I lack knowledge on an entire franchise that could be part of the Smash family.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Banjo & Kazooie is what I want more than anything as far as smash bros goes. But, if smash isn't part of this direct I want to see an expansion of the switch library when it comes to classic games giving us access to Snes and N64 games as well as the planned NES games whenever the online service drops.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If echos are going to be revealed I think logically inside the unique trailer and probably have € next to the character

In other words like ritcher Belmont

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
It's still enough for us to speculate what will be announced even if the content covered is small. I don't expect this supposed "Spirits" mode to be covered in this direct, but who knows. For all we know, they might not reveal anyone, and the mystery mode could be all they talk about.

Also, can someone please explain to me who Issac is? I see him often as a character suggestion, and it makes me feel like I lack knowledge on an entire franchise that could be part of the Smash family.
Isaac is more or less the main character of the Golden Sun games who was featured as an assist trophy in previous games. From what I've heard, he's more or less an Earthbender (I've never read up much on the Golden Sun games myself so someone else could provide a better overview)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm predicting either 2 uniques and 1 echo or 1 unique and 1 echo. In this case.

Prediction 1:
Isaac
Shadow(E)
Skull Kid

Prediction 2:
Shadow(E)
Skull Kid

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
something between disappointed and happy about this direct. Nothing really made me too happy. Interesting to see a bunch of final fantasy titles but... they're all titles that I played in recent years... so not hyped about it well besides crystal chronicles but still. Nice to see a smash bros bundle too, but since I've already got a switch... not too interested. The online service has me like :ohwell:. Isabelle was a worthy edition to the game but... guess I had my hopes up too high and hoped for more than just 1 character reveal as far as the actual game's content.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Good to see Isabelle get in, although it is hard to get excited for a semi-clone who was kind of expected to make it in thanks to leaks. Also happy to be getting a new AC next year. The new Splatoon weapon, stage, and splatfest changes seem interesting. The rest of the stuff was cool I guess but nothing I am particularly interested in although Luigi's Mansion 3 and all the Final Fantasy announcements were cool to see. Some FE Three Houses stuff would have been nice too but oh well, it will eventually have its time to shine.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Though I was wrong with my prediction. I ain't surprised we only got one reveal. This was an Nintendo Direct after all and not a Smash. I'm honestly surprised they haven't announced an date for the next Smash Direct. I think after revealing Isabelle would had been a good time to do so.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I'm fairly disappointed with the amount covered. They did announce a new hardware pack, but that doesn't help me because I already own a console and currently don't have the money to buy another one. The new fighter Isabelle was a nice treat though.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Isabelle was a worthy edition to the game but... guess I had my hopes up too high and hoped for more than just 1 character reveal as far as the actual game's content.
i keep telling people... they're going to disappoint themselves by constantly speculating and building up their expectations, etc...

i was pleasantly surprised by isabelle's appearance, because i wasn't even expecting anything smash related, let alone for them to reveal anymore characters.

i will say this again, anyone expecting isaac, skull kid, dixie, or anyone else... you're likely gonna just disappoint yourselves, too.

stop expecting things, and you'll always be surprised.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
i keep telling people... they're going to disappoint themselves by constantly speculating and building up their expectations, etc...

i was pleasantly surprised by isabelle's appearance, because i wasn't even expecting anything smash related, let alone for them to reveal anymore characters.

i will say this again, anyone expecting isaac, skull kid, dixie, or anyone else... you're likely gonna just disappoint yourselves, too.

??? I wasn't specifically hoping for new fighters... I just wanted more news about the game in general such as the mysterious new 1 player mode, maybe a new stage to go along with Isabelle's reveal or anything else new really. Even if I was hoping for another new character would that really be a bad thing?

Calm down my friend.

Kori

Smash Cadet
Meh...I was underwhelmed...I know it wasn't a Smash direct, but I expected at least SOME spotlight on the game, and not just a disappointing character reveal at the very end...Don't get me wrong, Isabelle is a good addition, and the tie in to the new AC game was cool and all but...*shrugs*

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591

kinda boring way to live if you ask me and I am a pessimist :p

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
kinda boring way to live if you ask me and I am a pessimist :p
well i do tend to make most pessimists seem like optimists when compared to my outlook on life.

you can't say i'm wrong, though... when you go in expecting nothing, every little thing will seem much bigger than it is.

Top Bottom