• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [DISCONTINUED] ASH@WIT...The Premier Melee/PM Midwest Weekly!

xsoldiercloud

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I visited this venue about a month and a half go and gotta say you guys really bring in a crowd :)
I came to the event not realizing that you guys only do Melee and PM and did not stay long since my friends and I mostly play Smash 4. I talked to one of the organizers (I wish I got his name) of the event and he told me that if we wanted to bring our own Wii U setup he could bring the people.

I was wondering if this type of offer still stands? I don't even care if its an organized tournament or if its just friendlies. My friends and I want to get more involved in the competitive smash community and we understand that the only way to get better is to play some more talented individuals.

Last edited:

Spills

Smash Rookie
NNID
Anugunrama
We actually now do Sm4sh on Mondays. I personally have never gone, but from what I understand it brings a decent amount of people. NOWHERE near the numbers we have from Melee/PM but enough and it seems to be growing.

As for your question, if you want to bring a Sm4sh setup to our PM/Melee days I don't think that'd be a problem. Only thing is I can't guarantee that there will be room to put your set up. This past Friday the tables were quite packed with crts and Cubes/Wiis.

xsoldiercloud

Smash Rookie
Yeah so I went this past Monday because I found out through the venues fb page.

On a separate note can you ask around to see if someone found a black wii-u pro controller on Monday? I can't find mine and I may have left it there. I called the Venue but they said they didn't see one.

Sir Noon

Smash Rookie
Finally figured out the problem that wouldn't let us put less than 15 stages on a page. Here's an addon that should add the logos, stage strike rules, and legal stage ordering to 3.6final version of PM. I have no way to test it since addons in general softbrick my wii (even the official ones) so if it doesn't work just take the files out of it and manually put them in your project M install.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hq755uudlgqr7xg/ASHpack.7z?dl=0

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
ATTENTION PM PLAYERS**Due to various requests and wanting PM to be more available for people to join, we have decided that starting tomorrow we will be moving up the start time for PM to 9 pm! See you at WIT!**

Nate Randle

Smash Rookie
Would the PM ruleset ever be changed to umbreon's recommended ruleset? Specifically picking the characters then stage for games played after match one, and Dreamland being removed

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
Would the PM ruleset ever be changed to umbreon's recommended ruleset? Specifically picking the characters then stage for games played after match one, and Dreamland being removed
Havent considered it, but we will discuss it.

SaltySmasher

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darksea322
3DS FC
4742-6451-0540
I haven't been to any tournaments before and I have a few questions. (Sorry if they're dumb I'm new)
- If you bring a setup, does it need to be a CRT-tv? I use a monitor that has no input lag on melee or PM
- Is there a problem with being young? I'm only a little older than melee but I still love to play it (and PM)
- The event is every Friday right? I just want to be 100% sure before I show up.
If everything checks out I would love to show up on a Friday considering I live near Aurora

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been to any tournaments before and I have a few questions. (Sorry if they're dumb I'm new)
- If you bring a setup, does it need to be a CRT-tv? I use a monitor that has no input lag on melee or PM
- Is there a problem with being young? I'm only a little older than melee but I still love to play it (and PM)
- The event is every Friday right? I just want to be 100% sure before I show up.
If everything checks out I would love to show up on a Friday considering I live near Aurora
1. You dont need to bring any setups because the venue provides them all. You are welcome to bring whatever tho if there is space and people want to use it.
2. No. ASH was created and is now run by mostly high schoolers. The original base of players is high schoolers. Every age group is welcomed and encouraged.
3. Yes. Every Friday night at 630 for Melee and 9 for PM. If there ever is a chance there isnt a weekly, it will most likely be because of a holiday or another event and it will be posted about either on here or on Facebook.

Hope that answers all your questions. Hope to see you there!

BestJelloNa

Smash Rookie
Is there a minimum age needed to play any of the games? (My friend and I are 15 and considering coming to play melee; to learn, get better, etc)

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
Is there a minimum age needed to play any of the games? (My friend and I are 15 and considering coming to play melee; to learn, get better, etc)
No. ASH was created and is now run by mostly high schoolers. The original base of players is high schoolers. Every age group is welcomed and encouraged.

SaltySmasher

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darksea322
3DS FC
4742-6451-0540
I went here on Friday and it was awesome! I actually won a set in melee and PM lol. I did get 8 stocked by kels though:( Now I have a motivation to get better and I definitely plan on showing up whenever I can from now on.

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
I went here on Friday and it was awesome! I actually won a set in melee and PM lol. I did get 8 stocked by kels though:( Now I have a motivation to get better and I definitely plan on showing up whenever I can from now on.
Glad to know you enjoyed it! Whats your tag?

porkchop487

Smash Rookie
Is this still going on tomorrow night? A friend and I want to go but I'm not sure if the tourney is still happening

SaltySmasher

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darksea322
3DS FC
4742-6451-0540
Yes this tourney is still happening correct? Once I get my grades up I wanna come back, I've been in the lab

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
If this is still on I'll be showing up later today. Never been to a melee tournament before.

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
PM Stage List Update:

Starters: GHZ, SV, BF, PS2, DL64
Counterpicks: WL, FD, FoD, DS

2 Bans Bo3, 1 Ban Bo5, Character First

Top Bottom