• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [DISCONTINUED] ASH@WIT...The Premier Melee/PM Midwest Weekly!

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Spills

Smash Rookie
NNID
Anugunrama
Hi. I'm actually at the May 1st event....right now. This is my first time here and am interested in getting into Melee, but I lack a way to legit practice. I'm curious if there is anyone on here who lives in the Aurora/Naperville area who would be down for regular sparing.

LSDX

Wah!
Hi. I'm actually at the May 1st event....right now. This is my first time here and am interested in getting into Melee, but I lack a way to legit practice. I'm curious if there is anyone on here who lives in the Aurora/Naperville area who would be down for regular sparing.
Try networking with some people this Friday at the next event. Everybody is pretty willing to give advice and help you better your game so long as you put the effort in to be good. We also have a Facebook group you may join upon request where you can discuss anything smash locally.

Kawaii-Kun

Smash Apprentice
I'm down with some sparring virtually anytime.

AJF99

Smash Rookie
Hey me and a friend really want to come out, just wondering if there will be doubles?

Spills

Smash Rookie
NNID
Anugunrama
Hey me and a friend really want to come out, just wondering if there will be doubles?
There are always friendlies before and after brackets though, you guys could for sure find people for friendly doubles.

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
Big news incoming....I dont know how many of you know, but recently we have confirmed thatWeston (Westballz), DaJuan (Shroomed), and Justin (Plup) will be showing up to our weekly on Friday. To increase the hype there's going to be a 10 dollar venue fee, that allows you to play in both PM and Melee brackets. As for prize money, with the venue fee being increased, WIT is going to provide a 200 dollar prize pot minimum for the Melee bracket only, and then for every person that goes the pot is increased by 5. For PM the top players in bracket get t-shirts. The payouts will be 40/20/15/10/5.5/2.5/2.5. So come out to WIT Gaming for some competition and the chance to play some of the best players in the world! See you guys on Friday!

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
The schedule will also be different to accomodate the amount of people coming.

Melee starts at 6. PM will start at 9.

Spills

Smash Rookie
NNID
Anugunrama
This Friday is the "Fun Day" since the Monthly is Saturday. The current schedule for Friday is.

6:00 - PM Doubles
~8:00 - Melee Doubles
~9:00 - CactuarStamina Pancake (only finals on stream)
~10:00 - Melee Draft Crew Battle
If PM doubles runs smoothly and ahead of schedule we'll have an extra PM Draft Crew Battle right after Grand Finals for doubles.
Starting at 6 as well, we'll have Mario Kart Double Dash throughout the day.

Spills

Smash Rookie
NNID
Anugunrama
Next monthly is on July 18th, I don't think there is a time yet. But if it's anything like the last two monthlies, pools start around noon if I remember correctly.

JamesG1998

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3024-7457-2991
What's up? Planning to go on my first ever weekly this Friday. Anything else I should know before coming in (that's not in the first post)? I'm probably gonna bring a friend or two and it will also be their first. Excited to try this out for the first time!

Last edited:

Actually Jack

Smash Rookie
Thinking about coming to the weekly tomorrow (the 3rd). I'm planning on getting eliminated right away, but I was wondering what the winner gets. Unless I missed it, the original post doesn't mention what's being done with the tournament fee. Is there even a prize for winning?

Spills

Smash Rookie
NNID
Anugunrama
The $5 entry fee pot bonus is split up between 1st-4th place. The places awarded occasionally change it's always at least top 3 for sure. Usually 4 occasionally 5. At least from what I've seen. I don't handle the prize pool, so I could be wrong, these are just my observations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom