• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disappointment

A

archirival of some looser

well now for real, see ya!!!!!!!!….remember me!!! muaaaahahaahaa!!

T

The Mario fan Boy

Ok look archrival of some looser wether you like it or not Marth is way better. He is way faster (up-B, standard attack, b-attack), he has more reach on every single move (if you don’t believe me than test it yourself),
his recovery is better because he floates more when he does the dancing blade, He is in fact hevier, and he has a better sweetspot ( Marth does good damage and knock back from the tip wich is better because he can use the full potential of his reach, since Roy’s sweetspot is in the middle he has to get closer to do good damage; no point in him having his reach then) and Marth is waaaaayyyyyy cooler too.

T

The Mario fan Boy

The only things I can say about Ray that may be better are his up-B, his side-B, his down-B and down-tilt.

S

smash fan #100000

…………………………..(**** you archirrival!!!)but I totally agree with him, he actually talked by me and as I ever said, it depends on the players ability not characters one, and I prefer marth because he is faster but roy is waaaaaay stronger and they survive exatcly the same because do you know that you can guide the b+up of roy a lot to any side? just make his attack b+up and just when he start the attack, hold your stick to any side and he will change its direction dramatically to a side and that helps a lot, marth can´t do that but he can make it longer and get from under the stage to the edge, roy can´t do that…. so as I see it they have they own adventages and they are balanced and I see their b+right/left exactly equal, the counter was alredy explained by the looser and he´s b+standard have exactly the same type of diference, roy´s one is waaaaaaay powerful (it even hurts roy itself!!) than marth one, but (one more time)marth´s one is faster and maybe marth´s reach is longer than roy (if you say so) but roy one´s (one more time) is stronger and that would be the reason why it´s shorter

T

The Mario fan Boy

It’s true that Roy’s up-B can be angled dramaticly, i tested it out and it’s true. Marth’s can do it to but it isn’t that noticable. Roy has More Powerful
B-moves in general, and stronger throws. Marth has more powerful sweetspots. If you hit with the sweetspot of Marth’s f-smash you’ notice that it has much more knock-back same goes for every a move, the thing about Roy is that he has a bigger sweet spot (it covers the Majority of the middle of the sword), while marths is a small one that takes more skill to get used to.

S

smash fan #100000

roy one´s is more dificult to use, because it only have like a 1/3 of second to someone to punch him but if you time it right with a very powerful attack like b+standard of c. falcon or a+up of ganon (a+up not smash+up) it will make a lot of damage to the other chracter because it punches back the power it receives and marth will only punch back a 7-damage counter with any attack he recibes does´nt metter the power of the attack, actually that´s the coolest thing of roy, it makes it easier and funny to fight vs. the master hand each counter damage the hand between 25 and 50 counter damage

A

archirival of some looser

jejee…..jejee….jejejeee ok now for real bye!!!

T

The Mario fan Boy

Roy’s counter is better but not in every way. If Roy counters a really weak attack, like Mario’s AAA combo, it it will only do 1.5 times the damage of that wich will probably do like 4% or 5% damage. If Marth counters that it will always do the same 7 damage. Plus Marth’s last longer and it has more reach. But because of the sheer power potential that can really come in handy, Roy’s is a bit better.

S

smash fan #100000

but if roy`s counter is hit by the b+standard of ganondorf or hes a+down in air attack (or any powerful attack from him or someother character one) he`ll punch back like 40 of damage

S

smash fan #100000

and marth`s one will punch back 7 of damage with any attack of that inmense power, but like you said, it`s longer and with a weak attack would hurrt 7 so it is balanced cuz roy one is really hard to timing and execute

T

The Mario fan Boy

I hate that in melee there are characters that are alot better than others (Marth>Roy, Pikachu>Pichu, Link>Y.Link, everyone>Mewtwo).

S

smashfan#1000000

roy and marth are balanced just as every clone in teh game with their original version and that diference is by the regular among the speed and powerjust like roy and marth

T

The Mario fan Boy

Super smash bros melee isn’t that balanced (though they did step it up since super smah bros 64). Pikachu and Pichu aren’t balanced Pikachu has more reach, power, weight and he doesn’t hurt himself. All Pichu’s got is maybe some more speed. Link and Y.Link aren’t balanced, Link has more reach on every single move, he has more power on everything, he’s hevier and he has better revovery because he can do the up-B and a hookshot. All Y.Link has is more running speed, less start up lag on 2 moves (f-tilt and f-smash), and maybe more combo ability due to reduced knock back. Roy and Marth aren’t Balanced Marth is faster, he’s hevier, he has more reach, he has a better sweet spot (since he has more reach and a better sweetspot all he needs is proper spacing and he can absolutly tear Roy apart), more Power on sweetspots (his sweetspots have better knockback than Roy’s), better Recovery because he floats more, better air attacks, he jumps higher, wider and he can combo better and he has more Power on every A attack. All Roy’s got is a few better B moves and more Power on grabs. I absolutly hate that I really do I just wish that Nintendo doesn’t make the same mistakes with Brawl.

S

smashfan#1000000

of course it is, you just don´t wana acept it, try to play with EVERY character n the game and you´ll know what I say, that include roy, but just try it.. you´ll make yourself better for smash and kick anyone with anybody, then we´ll talk

S

smash fan #100000

and of course that roy a+forward is waay more powerful and with more knockback effect, but it is slow adn has the same reach that marth

T

The SSB Master aka game master

yeah………………………………………………………………….

A

Aaron

roy is pretty good. i think hes just a little weaker than marth.

Top Bottom