• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disambiguating the term "JC shine"

JiggsIsMyHero

Smash Cadet
Yeah... Sure is, but that's alright, since the topic was kinda trivial to begin with.

PS- nice friendlies at Arena last night, Abulize!

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
we should make a poll on which term if the best. my suggestions are:

Consecutive Cancelled Shines
Repeated Cancelled Shines

so if someone shined and then "jc shined" 10 times it would look like this:

shine -> 10 rcs

Vall3y

Smash Lord
wow now that i think of it falco has some major terminology problems
this and people always confuse pillar with his shine spike combos

JiggsIsMyHero

Smash Cadet
Yeah... but that is the fault of the noobs who just plain don't know the difference. This is a genuine case of terminology being ambiguous. BUT NO LONGER! I saw someone say multishine in another thread recently and I knew my takeover was complete!

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
lol thats one person. i think we should do that poll i mentioned earlier. take all the suggestions, throw em in one poll and see which one gets picked.

REØ

Smash Lord
Yeah... but that is the fault of the noobs who just plain don't know the difference. This is a genuine case of terminology being ambiguous. BUT NO LONGER! I saw someone say multishine in another thread recently and I knew my takeover was complete!
Um that was probably me, lol I've been using that for a long time I just like calling it that, I've done it in a lot of threads.

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
PS- nice friendlies at Arena last night, Abulize!
Very :). Hope to see you again sometime soon. Hopefully next time my Falco will do a lil' better :laugh:. Are you going to go to the biweeklies often because I will. I live about 2 minutes from Arena51 because I dorm at R.I.T. but I know it's a bit of a drive for you. I also added you on aim. My s/n is the same as the forums. Peace.

REØ

Smash Lord
I think you have to be a premium member to use that feature, or obviously a mod/admin.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey, aren't the jump and the shine cacnelled? think about it, you shine, cancel it with a jump and then cancel the jump with another shine, continuing the process. Lets call it
JSC: jump shine cancel : ).

JiggsIsMyHero

Smash Cadet
I actually sat down and tried to do the multishine for real the other day, actually, and didn't find that it required that much speed. It' more of a timing move, really. I kinda think that waveshining is a more finger-speed dependent move at this point, which is in no way to downplay the multishine's difficulty! It'll be a long time before I can do it like Shiz can.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
and i find it realy hard to do for some reason

so your just holding on the analog and rapidly pressing B Y B Y B Y B Y B Y B?

is more rhythm based or more insanely fast clicking based?

lengeta

Smash Ace
It's rhythm based, but still somewhat fast. You need just the right delay between the B->Y press, and a different delay between the Y->B press. Sort of a "1, 2, 3" timing, but at "3" your not pressing anything.

Top Bottom