• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disabling a Joystick

akki

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 2731 1357 0617
Howdy! I’ve got a right (+) joycon with a joystick that more than frequently gets stuck down. It seems like a minor annoyance until I get myself killed multiple times for down smashes I never intended. I also have a tournament on Friday and can’t get any other controllers before then. Is there any way to disable the right stick? I know in the controller settings the single joycon has certain buttons that default to “Not Set” but, at first glance, it seems I can’t do that with the joystick. Is there a way I’m missing to just disable this stick, or do I need to change it to something less damaging and just try to live with it for the tournament?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Howdy! I’ve got a right (+) joycon with a joystick that more than frequently gets stuck down. It seems like a minor annoyance until I get myself killed multiple times for down smashes I never intended. I also have a tournament on Friday and can’t get any other controllers before then. Is there any way to disable the right stick? I know in the controller settings the single joycon has certain buttons that default to “Not Set” but, at first glance, it seems I can’t do that with the joystick. Is there a way I’m missing to just disable this stick, or do I need to change it to something less damaging and just try to live with it for the tournament?
I got some good advice for dealing with control stick issues in this thread.

Top Bottom