• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Din's Fire + Tripping

SeventhSage

Smash Apprentice
What's the deal with that ? I didn't played the game yet so I'm afraid sometimes Zelda will trip while using Din's fire... or will trip AT ALL for that matter...

Drake3

Smash Ace
I don't think it's possible for Zelda to trip while using Din's Fire as it requires her to be sessile.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I've tripped ONCE while trying to use Din's Fire. Probably tilted the stick to fast, but it can happen.

Not as bad as accidentally transforming instead of Din's Fire-ing with a downward tilt.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Yeah this happened to me the other day while spamming Din's Fire. I think it happened more than once. But yeah I was smashing the stick instead of tilting it.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think most people hold the stick while casting to tilt it up and down. I don't think there's really any point in just smashing it. And that solves the tripping problem.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know you could trip while using Din's Fire. Now that I know I'll be aware of it. It would be cool if they told us why tripping was in the game in the Smash Dojo.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
What's this about tripping? Tripping as in she literally falls down?
Yes. Every time the control stick is moved left or right, there is a small (~1%) chance of tripping. This includes dashing, Smashes (non-csticked), and apparently side-B's.

It can be avoided (I think) if you simply tilt the stick, like when you walk or perform a tilt.

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
Yes. Every time the control stick is moved left or right, there is a small (~1%) chance of tripping. This includes dashing, Smashes (non-csticked), and apparently side-B's.

It can be avoided (I think) if you simply tilt the stick, like when you walk or perform a tilt.
Ugh, that sounds... stupid. What are they trying to prevent with that? Liek teh imba fsmah spamz?

It's going to be annoying if I lose a close game because I tried to edgehog and just fell off the edge instead, or something.

Top Bottom