• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 9 Results 5/17/2014

Quot3

Melee'er
3DS FC
4253-4705-1339
Thanks again Gabe for hosting these, also a big thank you to Tourney Locator for coming out and providing the quality stream setup. Had some close bracket matches, @JesusFreak I thought I might just run away with that entire set after game 2 but being the better player you edged it out in game 3, props on 5th your falco is legit. @ pootTheBox pootTheBox our games were pretty close, thanks to PTJon for the matchup experience but your doc is on another level for sure. Thanks to everyone else who I played, everyone's getting better and I like it :)

D

Deleted member

I agree. Albert slapped my **** in pools, and it really didn't help that I took a Falco to FoD when I'm Falcon. God, that was stupid.

Oracle

Smash Master
shoutouts to only losing to falco. pls other tx players play real chars vs me so i can win

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Time to start multi quoting and shoutouts. let's start in order of appearance:
I can't believe I didn't make it out of pools. First time that's happened in, like, years.
:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: thanx for making me look good in front of everybody. I owe you big time for that favor. (had you gone Yoshi, my falco would've gotten wrecked. no doubt. but my falcon though....)
also that last combo of the set. sexy, wouldn't you agree?
Gabe once again proving that hes the best TO ever, even finishing before schedule! If anyone wants footage of them playing on TV 11 (the second tv on the side row that was across from Gabe) message me and I'll get it to you.
Mojo vs PK-Thunder Tournament match winners round 2. plz, thx, bai.
to be fair you had the HYPEST match of the day
dawww. thanks even though I know you were talking to Hamlin.
Well at least I wasn't playing like garbage for this, I'm really ****ing glad I got that MM in before bracket because you definitely would have 3-0'd me with the way I was playing rofl
GGs doe all really close games
I saw the look of distress on your face during the set which was funny cause you were winning 2-1 but the second match wasn't close. that FD match was a three stock. GGs for that match.
I wasn't really playing that well either, but no johns. one day we will MM when we're both playing AMAZING and that will be fun. GGs man.
we should definitely start more **** in the texas pr thread.
shoutouts to only losing to falco. pls other tx players play real chars vs me so i can win
thanks for that shoutout. It was funny to me that I beat you R1 winners and you got several placings higher than me. you are just more solid it seems.
@Scotch98' your only real problem is your mindset. stay positive. the more negativity you focus on, the more negativity you'll have available to focus on.
fun talking to you all that time.
Mojo: I BEAT YOU IN A FALCO DITTO WHERE YOU AT!?!?!?!?!?!?! granted, you were high and drunk and half asleep. STILL COUNTS!!!
this makes 3 games I took off of you, which isn't bad for me.
Jake13 I'm glad to have made you 2 fresh dollars in those side bets.
@BLOCKHEAD yeah. mhm. even if you say otherwise, you've definitely gotten better. I have to play the matchup against you now cause you're not free anymore. (your marth kinda still is though.)
@S.O.S. Y U NO COME TO DIME? I was the best placing SA rep! no good sos! NO GOOD!

Thin Mint

Smash Rookie
Great job, Gabe. It was a really efficient tourney compared to what we've managed in the past. I don't feel good about how my pool was seeded, because 2nd seed should not have come down to Pizza vs me--we've played hundreds of hours vs each other. Please never again. Other than that, really lovely experience again.

Shoutouts anyway to Edward for having downloaded me, you gave me a really nervous set. Also to Hamlin, Cross, and EoS for the MMs. They made my heart pound. To Cameron, Arc, Humbone, Poot and everyone else who hung out during or after the tournament--thanks for making me feel welcome as always.

D

Deleted member

Uhh I don't feel like typing a lot so quick shoutouts

shoutouts to hamlin for being bad
shoutouts to everyone that just sat outside the venue to chill and talk about w/e
shoutouts to GODZILLA LASER BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM
shoutouts to me for actually beating a sheik in bracket for once (The last time I've played gabe, penguin, and thoraxe, I've won loooooooooooool)
shoutouts to this game is still bad

Yeah I don't like melee still. Come play me in pm nerdsssssssss

D

Deleted member

we get subpar results because pretty much none of us play the game lol

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Albert slapped my **** in pools, and it really didn't help that I took a Falco to FoD when I'm Falcon. God, that was stupid.
Why would you do that? That's like me taking a Marth to FD. The thought of doing that has literally never even crossed my mind.

If you need help, please follow this link: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

D

Deleted member

I guess I'm the only one, but I honestly enjoy getting wobbled. Being the programmer that I am, it's fun for me to perform and/or witness glitches that I didn't cause or have to fix.

Since people have a problem with wobbling i'll try to keep it to a minimum in the future. I'll only wobble in tournament matches and money matches. I'm fairly certain the limit for tilts/nana pummels if wobbling is banned is 3 or 4, so I'll constrain myself to that in friendlies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I freeze glitch in friendlies and make my opponents apologize before they reset the game.

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
Time to start multi quoting and shoutouts. let's start in order of appearance:

dawww. thanks even though I know you were talking to Hamlin.

!
Hell naw man, both of you guys had the hype going off.

But im salt about you dropping my wii haha.

I freeze glitch in friendlies and make my opponents apologize before they reset the game.
Oh im sigging this ahah

Last edited:

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Damn, all the top PM players that showed getting bopped or subpar results; we must all be frauds. xD

When's Smash 4?
Right after Mahvel. (I'm so sorry for that)

So, clearly I took my sweet time getting here. I suppose I should do my shoutouts.

@ hamyojo hamyojo Dude, hypest match of the day. You did well man, I'm proud. Also, super glad we finally got that MM in. Good job bopping me. It was fun!
@ Thin Mint Thin Mint Thanks for just being super cool and good at this game. Our MM was so intense. I really thought I had you up until that last nair combo.
Speaking of nairs, @ Nair Nair it's a pity we didn't get to hand like I wanted. I don't know everyone's face yet, I'm still learning.
Speaking of faces, @Laser_kirby_007 good to finally meet you, dude! We should chill next time.
@BLOCKHEAD Dude, that MM was legit. Sorry for being salty in pools. I dunno what got into me. You've improved a lot since I met last time. Keep it up, homie!
@AustinRC As always, I really had fun hanging out with you and talkin shop. Thank you much for all the advice and convo. Man, pivots are HARD.
@Scotch98' Good times were had, I'm glad your salt is always temporary. I know the feeling.
@ Scaremonger Scaremonger Dude, I'm sorry. I tried to find you after I was done with pools, but I couldn't, so I just went to grab a bite to eat. When I returned, I'm pretty sure you were gone. Our MM will have to wait for KOTH3. Get hype.
@ W WaterlessFishie Gabe, such a good tournament. As always. Everything ran super smooth, you did a great job on everything for organization to pools to making sure things were timely and concise. You have my respect, sir. Cant WAIT for the next one. DIME^2?

My only regrets are not MMing @qqwwrrmm; not flirting more with @BoomStick; and that it had to end.

If I forgot you, or left you out, my bad. I'm tired.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

anyone know who the guy with the tag "christ" is? I don't know who he is on smashboards (or if he even has a smashboards account) but I asked for some custom pins like a month ago and at this dime I was supposed to get them I talked to the person handing them out and he had no clue what I was talking about

PTJon

Smash Cadet
anyone know who the guy with the tag "christ" is? I don't know who he is on smashboards (or if he even has a smashboards account) but I asked for some custom pins like a month ago and at this dime I was supposed to get them I talked to the person handing them out and he had no clue what I was talking about
Pretty sure I remember hearing that Rich the Sheik main was the one that made the pins, pretty sure he also entered as Christ at DIME 9

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
Amazing and super fun tourney. Won my first pools sets ever. Extremely well run and the hype was godlike.
Shoutouts:
@ W WaterlessFishie for being the godlike TO that you are, keeping as many setups open for tourney sets as possible and making sure things ran efficiently. Also for getting 17 tvs so we wouldn't have to break out backs carrying tvs into the venue. OH, and consider calling DIME10 "DIME X" and have a Megaman X inspired logo... This is the only opportunity to have a Megaman X inspired logo... Gotta go for it man lol.
@Infinitysmash for running the sweet stream. Having my matches get recorded is super useful and i get to show everyone how amazing freakin BAD i am at this game LOL
@Disafter for sandbagging like crazy and completely destroying me with falco and ganondorf on stream LOL
@Saravia for bopping my fox in a ditto on stream, gonna help me suck less in the future
@The Other guys in my pool, fun matches
@Denti for playing a friendly with me... I was ONE fsmash away from beating your Jiggs with Roy. If I MM'd you that game wouldn't have been as close probably though lol.
@ hamyojo hamyojo for having a super duper hype match while I was getting #rekt on stream... Only a few people witnessed the beating my fox received lol.
@Everyone I talked to or played friendlies with, DIME 9 definitely one of my favorite tournaments I've been to

Hellz yae

hamyojo

Smash Ace
The direvative of DIME(10) could be DIME'(10)=DIME(100) if you awkwardly plug 10 in as x or something

SiriusBull

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3909-8777-3464
You could call it DOLLAR but I think finding a suitable acronym for it might be difficult

Nair

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goldenwolf2
3DS FC
0920-1616-6632
He was the pikachu that got bopped by PK Thunder's AWESOME SUPER LEGIT blue falcon!

(no hard feelings right?)
Yeah none at all. I was upset with myself and then I got over it. Lol

Top Bottom