• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 3 Results 7/20

D

Deleted member

Rendering all these out brings out the ***** inside me :(
Gabe pls

D

Deleted member

How long does it usually take you to render all those videos? **** must be hard lol

D

Deleted member

That must suck.

Just be glad it wasn't Brawl Doubles, that **** lasts for like 20 mins.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
is there anyone who could help him out? if anyone has a decent computer, zach could just upload the raw video files to something like www.adrive.com or some other filehost and they could do the work for him

i'd offer to do it if someone could help me with tags and whatnot

D

Deleted member

I'm fine guys, I can do the videos by myself. Just don't expect them any time crazy soon, I am having a lot to do suddenly for no god damn reason. I'm usually free and able to get these out :(

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
1: Tirno: Im incredibly glad you came down because there has yet to be a time where we've played where you hadn't dropped a hot load of advice and information all over my face. you delivered as always and just playing against your falco gets me thinking about all of those sexy mix ups and tricky di's and hopefully i can download some of your flacco files and add them to my database. grats on the money, haha sorry for not hyping up GF's i was in the midst of some rad friendlies with rage. hopefully i'll be seein ya'll austinites sooner rather than later cuz all of you are next level og ******.
2: MT: this tournament woulda been yours if not for the infamous roomie edgar. friendlies with you are always a delight i love fuxing with ya'll A tier texans, your marth is butter as always why can' t my marth style like yours? thanks for bringin the ausin brigade down im guessing you were like the leader/mascot for that **** cuz you rock. ps. nice stubble, im lookin forward to matching stubble with you next time matt.
3: Dr. Drew: slowly but surely you will be converted from hated boss of plano to our dark knight, im dumbfounded you took matt down at first, but there is no surprise you still got top 3. good job, know i'm rooting for you until you cross me or my crews path, we should finally sit down for some friendlies next time ha.
4: WaterlessFishie: the 4th place streak ends here, it will be totally ironic that you'll break it at your 4th tournament but that will just make the victory that much sweeter. i was dumb to try and marf u, but although our set was friendly, i was still tryin to go hard, you earned the win and god dammit you'll earn the money next time.obviously thanks for miracuoulously reviving dfw melee, im pretty sure that makes you saint gabriel, i'll light some candles and sllit some baby lamb throats for you homie.
5: JF: i dodged you so hard im secretly afraid of your puff cuz i lack that puff experience. not bad placing, perhaps we're destined to meet in bracket next time, till then, float on my friend.
5: Cpt Kush: its gonna be hard to rewatch that double suicide i pulled game two, but you out played me fair and square and the first game was tight. no doubt you were on this tourney and i wish i coulda watched your set against jose aka sunflower society. we'll chill later mayng but gg's as always.
7: MimicMew: Tai, i tied with you, does this mean im good now?! i have a hypothesis that the only reason these tournaments are friendly as **** is because your aura spreads like some beautiful happy-virus infecting us all with smiles and joy. i hope you'll have some free time coming up so we can hang some more, and play some super tennis bros. melee, i love that game. ps. i'm taking tennis as a college credit this fall haha sweeeeet.
7: Thoraxe: you can't seriously be considering sheik.... **** you're dumb.
9: Rage: awesome to see you again man, i liked your shout outs and sick taunt strategies, that's some next level metagame **** right there. please come to dime 4 so we can see you placing higher where you belong. good friendlies too mayng, suiciding is ok as long as its friendlies and we're havin fun.
9: Sunflower Society: Jose pokemon puzzle league MM me *****. i don't remember you being so cool whenever we last played, but i like your style and we can be friends. i look forward to renuniting with you so we can bull**** about random junk and play vidjya games d00d. btw you're ***** gewd at this game and definitely should have placed higher than my bich azz. oh well next time Edddduarddooo
9: Nike: your marth is smart and efficient, definitely a few steps ahead of my marth. our set had me on edge and i had to pull out my secret sheik in hopes of not getting crapped on. i was actually kinda shocked that i beat you, but i guess the sheik marth MU is pretty rough and i did try to play it ruthlessly. im glad you came over from san antonio because that was a really fun set and you seem like one of the bros. i'll try and repay the favor by heading down to san antonio whenever ya'll have a big ol' tourney. gg's, friendlies for sure next time man.
9: Zachattax: slowly but surely you're climbing the ranks. your marth keeps on improving, it may be time to start considering taking a secondary a bit more seriously if you're tired of struggling with some of marth's harder match ups. idk we'll do some more friendlies next time and maybe i can give u some pointers on the flaaco pewpew.
13: Penguin: your jiggly puff did some serious work in teams and i hope you see the potential that character holds for you. im gonna throw a prediction out there and say you'll get (or at least are capable of getting) 4th place next tournament. im just waiting for the tournament where you play at your max potential and run a falcon train through all of us.
13: Jesi: your peach is srs bsnss and definitely out played me in teams. we haven't talked but we can fix that next time when we sit down and play some friendlies and junk.
13: Denthorn: aww man, your falcon flat out destroyed me in our set. your fighting game skills definitely show when you're playing on with some great reads and stlyish combo game. our set definitely had me praying to all kinds of deities in hopes of a comeback. i guess the goddess of suicide heard my prayers and took that second to last stalk on our last game. sorry for using religion against you but it isn't banned yet so.... i know you're capable of top 5 and its always a fun and scary game against you man. i both fear and look forward to our next set.
17: Calm Animal: Robert if my memory serves me correctly. Your bowser was the bee's knees and it was cool talking with you man, you had some good ass questions and it seemed like you're eager to improve your game. nice job making it out of our pools and even better job converting from brawl to melee, that's a thing of beatuy right there :')
17: Mr. QW: todiyo im probably spelling your name wrong but i'm always glad to see you come out and shiet. your definitely a homie and on a good track to getting better whilst kickin it and havin a good time. i owe you a bowl man hopefully i can get you back next smashfest or somethin.
17: Hamyojo: hidden yoshi boss, marths beware.
17: RedShadow: tight set in pools, i had to turn up that flaaco pewpew so sorry if that frustrated you at all. your fox seriously had my number in teams so im surprised you stuck with sheik. i understand the frustration behind playing under self-expecatations, and it doesn't help that i was rooting my homie oliver on during your set (that **** can get on my nerves in some cases), but you just gotta shake it off and **** **** up next time. gg's though, you seem chill and on par with the rest of austin.

sleepy aka karen: Weeeeeee i gotta team with a pretty girl, and we totally took that one game haha it was fun and i hope you enjoyed yourself as well. i see all of your hidden potentialz and i bet you'll find yourself improving at an accelerated rate just from getting all the variety of players in. there is much i can teach you miss karen, and i look forward to our next meeting. I hope your thumb survived and hopefully you can get used to tai's generous controller gift (tai rocks)

chris: chris i see the makings of another swift fox in our region. you're a homie with great potential and it was funny running into you in the parking lot. nice job in the am bracket, that's how it all starts my friend.

Everyone else: contrary to what sleepy K thinks, ya'll some str8 chill azz niguhs. awesome to see a bunch of new faces and i hope you're enjoying these tournaments as much as i am. also thanks for being good sports and generally cool dudes. also whoever brought the 64 and pokemon puzzle league is definitely invited to come again, that's the **** i doooo like.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
hey guys! i change my name all the time so that day it was sunflower society PEACE

1: Tirno - POST DA .GIFFFFFF
2: MT - GET DA GIFFFFFF you're welcome :shades:
3: Dr. Drew - i really wanted to play you, and then when the time was nigh, the stakes were high, my mind was racing, my heart aflutter, organs feeling all sorts of dynamisms, we had to quit our match mid-game. dude, what blueballs. next time for sure.
4: WaterlessFishie - you did really well. let's play next time! i look forward to it. in addition, i really appreciate you running this tournament. it was efficient, quick, exciting, and fun! you had it properly advertised, and your venue was more than welcoming. the space was good, had the tournament received the expected entrants it woulda been perfect. fortunately we had more.
5: Jefe - dude i had you. dude you had me. the lesson here is that we have each other, no? melee is poetic like that. ;)
5: Cpt Kush - noooooo kushhhhhh i haven't been this salty in a hot minute. but you won fair and square. NEXT TIME WON'T BE SO EASY >:|
7: MimicMew - i like playing friendlies with you. my initial assesment was right, U R ICY COOL.
7: Thoraxe - yes. i agree with everything you said. i'm awesome :awesome: yeah, i guess i coulda done better but ehhhhhh, i'll go falco next time and see what happunz. i have a lot of fun playing marth, actually. i love winning with marth, but i feel terrible losing as him 'cause maybe i coulda done better with falco or something. as long as i play KOF and puzzle league, smash ain't nothing
9: Rage - dude, you definitely got something! but you gotta get some experience first and come to tournaments. do you play a lot in dallas? it was nice talking and playing with youuuuuoueouoriuu
9: Sunflower Society - you love marth when you ****, but you suck when you're getting pressure or if it's close. GO HOME ALREADY
9: Nike - was fun having you, a fellow San Antonian, around. also, the way you played marth was interesting and it was awesome how i got hit by some really janky stuff. but you know why? 'cause YOU KNEW! HOW!? it was pretty cool. i love stuff like that. just get enough sleep plz
9: Zachattax - if you stop mentioning your age everyone would love you. you're getting good though, i was pleasantly surprised.
13: Penguin - we didn't play. but i heard good things! next, pretty please?
13: Jesi - yo the friendlies were good. your enthusiasm is contagious so keep it up! i've only seen you rarely, which is lame, so see you around i guessssss? hate for beating nubz but good trash talk about my momz
13: Denthorn - OMG SO SCARY. you had me in winner's then you were like NOPE IM GONNA DIE and then you did :( part of my game is luck :)
13: J-Tag - i don't think i met you. but you are up in the teens so it feels like I should have! keep it up.
17: Calm Animal - ditto. good job tying with ma frend nubz.
17: Nubz - YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE, CARL. you are getting skilled, i've noticed it. keep it up. proud.
17: Max? - i've heard about you. good job making it outta poolz
17: Chaz - i didn't meet you. i wish i had, OH MAN :(
17: Mr. QW - you were a chill dude. we should play! heheheheheh
17: Hamyojo - omg if you woulda taken matt's money i woulda been SOSOOOO happy! but you didn't. you have, however, impressed and scared me.
17: RedShadow - you are better than this placing would have you believe. don't focus on tournament advancement but on learning and playing for fun. success is a symptom of a mindset that manages to extract positive feedback from losses. i actually consider losing a privilege, tbh, and not just in smash but in life in general. it's a testament that i am human and that i have more room to grow. i understand that it's harder for others, coping with a less-than-optimal performance, but i think it is a good lesson to learn to enjoy yourself regardless of tournament ranking. sorry, i just feel bad when a friend of mine doesn't seem to be enjoying himself whilst investing his time and money to travel for a tournament. just my $0.02
17: Chicken Salad - haven't connected name to face for this one, but i will someday! promise

i didn't really get to socialize with the people who fell under this part of the bracket. but DON'T BE A STRANGER! i love to talk and to attempt to try to vocalize some knowledge of the game.

1: Glaive
2: Chris
3: Magmios - it was nice having you in my pool. i don't know if you wanted advice, i just assume people don't want to be told what they already know. but if you want random tips, don't be a stranger! i'm new to marth, sorta, but i been around! see ya
4: Byte - it was fun playing you guys in doubles! there's some room to grow, and there's nothing better than watching younger players study up and then take you outta tournament! lolz, someday guyssss
5: 2-Bit - ditto what i said to byte. see you around, cool dude
5: Flemon
7: Charlie
7: Dirty Dan
9: Ac!d
9: Boom
9: Dawson
9: Sandor Clengane
13: Scotch
13: Alex
13: Lelouch Lamperouge
13: Sleepy - hey it was nice having you in my pool. gosh your curiosity for this game really caught me by surprise. keep it up, you had some good moves for a new-ish player. hope to see you around, zzz
17: Gentle Breeze
17: Volt Kruger - yo OMG you destroyed me in pokemon puzzle league. but i'm competitive, and you will soon get what you deserve. MARK MY WORDS, VOLT KRUEGER. i love your attitude and i hope to see you again.
17: Rush

s l e e p y

Smash Rookie
13: Sleepy - hey it was nice having you in my pool. gosh your curiosity for this game really caught me by surprise. keep it up, you had some good moves for a new-ish player. hope to see you around, zzz

thanks so much!! i had lots of fun at my first tournament and i really appreciate your patience with my amateur self. love melee.

here are my few shoutouts:

Thor/Cameron: my sweet-ass doubles partner. we didn't place last! hoorah! haha, thanks for takin' me under your wing and humoring me with so many friendlies as well. please teach meeeeee. i live to learn.

Volt: hella good samus main, and you seemed really nice, though we didn't exactly get to converse outside of our set.

Tai: been practicing with your controller since the tournament. it's really helping out. i seriously appreciate the gift! and you're so nice and have been super helpful to me as a player and in making me feel welcome ever since my first smash fest at gabe's recently.

Gabe: thanks for receiving me into your home to meet everybody and get involved in the group. PS you already know, but you got mad skills. respect to you.

Whoever said I seemed angry/was cursing: i dunno what that's about lol, i had nothing but fun saturday. i may have had a little trouble controlling my nerves during doubles bracket though, so i apologize if i weirded you out n_n'

i would write more of these but i hardly know anyone yet and i met way too many new people at DIME

D

Deleted member

Wait you were a new player? You came off like a player who played for a year.
Also I'm the person that the cursing surprised me, you just made me feel bad because I thought I was pissing someone off by just playing the game :( I felt like a puff player

s l e e p y

Smash Rookie
Wait you were a new player? You came off like a player who played for a year.
Also I'm the person that the cursing surprised me, you just made me feel bad because I thought I was pissing someone off by just playing the game :( I felt like a puff player
haha, thanks! i picked up the game about 6 months ago. first smash fest was the wednesday before the tourney, which was my first tourney.
sorry about the cursing under my breath and stuff. i was probably just making light of my own mistakes before someone else could get to it without realizing it. oh well, i've experienced my first high-pressure gaming setting now and i'll try to be more conscious of myself next time :) i tried to be civil but i was hella nervous that day. you (and everyone else) made me feel pretty comfortable and welcome though! i appreciate that.

edit: to confirm, were you the younger marth player who talked to me about my SDI? if i was frustrated during that set it makes sense...i fought 3 marths in my pool and didn't make it out. wish me luck on learning this matchup better!

D

Deleted member

LTC, working with getting my brother to college in the next week, helping my dad move up to michigan for the next 4 years to work at some new job.
I'm trying guys I'm trying ;_______; I finished that cv yesterday so now my priority is the videos, but I still don't know when I'll get them out. Theres too many matches (45 entrants)

Top Bottom