• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI'ing the fsmash

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'd like to know this for diddy ditto reasons, it's pretty hard to DI it but is there a rule?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
like physics wise you mean? o-o just smash di 60 degrees,

instead of just mashing the exact opposite direction i find it much more acceptable and more useful to actually give the DI an angle meaning, when your flying at an angle it is less likely you will die from the horizontal kill since well your throwing the momentum upwards giving friction/resistance to ur body than actually pushing back against a stronger force. think of it like your gonna stop a bull ramming into u, so trying to push back directly is just well wrong o-o but if you were to push at an angle that gives ur momentum a slight edge and using the life mechanics of physics against the bull. think of the hit as the bull and diddy as the body. yay physics. its hard explaining it tho...so hopefully pics help o-o

red= decrease in survival. green = increase

keep in mind using ur dair/mid-air jump/bair greatly influence the trajectory of ur DI. hopefully this helps o-o

if your on ground and u want to DI out of it. well first hit gets u inwards so cstick updwards and away at an angle and try to punish 2nd hit with a faster attack . also upair/nair work wonders on canceling moves =3

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Do a smash- and tap-DI combination on the C-stick and directional stick upward and through Diddy immediately after the first hit connects. This is especially useful against characters like Link, Toon Link, Sheik and Diddy whose F-smashes consist of two hit-boxes that move them forward. This will put you behind them after the first hit and put you in position to punish the cool-down on their attacks.

You can also smash-DI through other multi-hit smashes such as Pit and Zelda's stationary F-smashes, but you may end up eating all the hits anyway depending on how well-spaced these two attacks are. In these two particular cases, I just smash-DI up and away.

Do you think you could ask some of these questions in Q&A instead of constantly making three or four new topics a day? =)

Merry Christmas, boys and girls.

EDIT: Chrome, were you asking how to escape the F-smash with proper smash-DI, or how to actually DI the after the entire attack connects? Either way, you've been provided with both answers. =)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Do a smash- and tap-DI combination on the C-stick and directional stick upward and through Diddy immediately after the first hit connects. This is especially useful against characters like Link, Toon Link, Sheik and Diddy whose F-smashes consist of two hit-boxes that move them forward. This will put you behind them after the first hit and put you in position to punish the cool-down on their attacks.

You can also smash-DI through other multi-hit smashes such as Pit and Zelda's stationary F-smashes, but you may end up eating all the hits anyway depending on how well-spaced these two attacks are. In these two particular cases, I just smash-DI up and away.

Do you think you could ask some of these questions in Q&A instead of constantly making three or four new topics a day? =)

Merry Christmas, boys and girls.

EDIT: Chrome, were you asking how to escape the F-smash with proper smash-DI, or how to actually DI the after the entire attack connects? Either way, you've been provided with both answers. =)
I'm not sure I quite picked up totally, I know to smash DI up and away if you're stuck at the tip, and if you're close to DI behind him right? How should I hold the control stick and what direction should I tap the c-stick in these scenarios. Could you explain a little bit more to me? I just mean to DI the second hit, the KO hit, the hit with actual knockback... etc.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I'm not sure I quite picked up totally, I know to smash DI up and away if you're stuck at the tip, and if you're close to DI behind him right? How should I hold the control stick and what direction should I tap the c-stick in these scenarios. Could you explain a little bit more to me? I just mean to DI the second hit, the KO hit, the hit with actual knockback... etc.
um look at the post i provided that should help beneficially with the KO issue.

at the DI control stick part: just always hold it at an angle whenever u get hit in any direction depending on the direction of the initial attack. and if u want to land a c stick hit in the best one would most likely be dsmash as the initial hit frames are really early like if u could manage to di the first hit of diddy's fsmash by smash DI sideways then immediately at an angle u have time to land the first hit of the dsmash using the weaker foot, but chances of that are really slim as ull most likely be slightly above ground so using a nair/upair would also help. i use nair/upair to get out of multi-hit combos anyways its just awesome man, it makes marths side b **** xD

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
You don't wanna be KO'd off the side, double stick DI (up and opposite direction you're being hit) if you mash the dirrection instead of holding I think it counts as SDI which is even better olol

ADHD

Smash Hero
WTF are you people talking about!?!?!?!??!?!? I'm saying how do you DI (DIDDY'S FSMASH) so I can avoid the second hit. Thien was like the only person that responded without something totally off topic and it wasn't quite clear to me.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Sorry, at first I thought you were saying DI'ing the first hit to avoid the second hit, then I thought you were talking about not getting killed.

Smash DI up. it helps if you're not on the ground when they start, so you can jump away from the second hit etc, but that won't always happen because of glidetoss naner..

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
like physics wise you mean? o-o just smash di 60 degrees,

instead of just mashing the exact opposite direction i find it much more acceptable and more useful to actually give the DI an angle meaning, when your flying at an angle it is less likely you will die from the horizontal kill since well your throwing the momentum upwards giving friction/resistance to ur body than actually pushing back against a stronger force. think of it like your gonna stop a bull ramming into u, so trying to push back directly is just well wrong o-o but if you were to push at an angle that gives ur momentum a slight edge and using the life mechanics of physics against the bull. think of the hit as the bull and diddy as the body. yay physics. its hard explaining it tho...so hopefully pics help o-o

red= decrease in survival. green = increase

keep in mind using ur dair/mid-air jump/bair greatly influence the trajectory of ur DI. hopefully this helps o-o

if your on ground and u want to DI out of it. well first hit gets u inwards so cstick updwards and away at an angle and try to punish 2nd hit with a faster attack . also upair/nair work wonders on canceling moves =3
That's certainly a useful guide

Top Bottom