• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Digital Load Time's

Mephi$to

Smash Rookie
This is not a thread of digital vs physical so please don't lock.

I wanted to get physical at first, but i heard that this game has pretty bad load times.

Playing monster hunter wii u I know that in speed test digital was faster
observe

Anyways I hear this game has long load times, so as a game i want to play alot of I hate waiting around(especially when other people are there)

Do you guys think that the digital will increase the loading speed? (they were saying about a 2 second advantage on the digital in all loading screens for monster hunter)

2 seconds doesnt sound that long, but consistently, I know time saved will build up as you switch characters levels and the gambling mode (game has lots of loading times i heard)

I can't post links, so just type in "monster hunter wii u digital load times" into google.

its the gamefaq link the first one

Last edited:

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
I know I am going digital! It is way better in my opinion and you should really go digital too if you have enough space...

Shataraterevar

Smash Rookie
I will just notice something for you regarding this: If you plan to play online even if load times are better for digital, if you encounter a player that has a physical copy you will still have to wait for him to load before you can both play.

Just something to consider

kylexv

Smash Master
If I get Digital, it will only leave me with 1GB left on my Wii U. So I'm getting retail, even if the load times are slower.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Load times were never something to bother me personally, but I can see that could be a bit of an advantage of going digital. For me though, the faster loading doesn't make up for the obscure space the game will take up digitally (I am not keen on using external hard drives). It's also important to note like someone already said that if you are planning to practically live online like most will eventually and are against people with physical copies (will be the majority of people I think), you'll be waiting around regardless.

In short, if you think you will get more value out of the offline stuff and loading times annoy the crap out of you, go digital. If you plan to go online A LOT, then consider the fact that the majority of your competition will probably be using physical copies, and will cause you waiting anyway.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm kinda torn between digital or physical myself. I have heard that the Digital version can have a more improved loading times on certain games, especially if you save it on a certain USB device.

I'm only torn because it takes up quite a chunk of memory and I kinda want to make a lot of use for snapshots, stage builder etc. And I'm hoping to get the Gamecube Adapter bundle and all. But I'm probably getting a bit ahead of myself.

I have heard and seen that Smash Bros for Wii U has quite a bit of loading to do so if it bothers you, it might be good to look further into it if the Digital version may be more for you, although as someone else said, the loading times may vary in online matches though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Digital games usually have faster loading times, yes. I remember Brawl's loading times were quite annoying for me, but fortunately I played it solely on an emulator for the past few years and Brawl emulated has essentially no loading times. Smash 3DS also has very short loading times, so it would be hard for me to go back to a loading times-heavy game. Then again, even if there were no differences in the loading between both versions, I'd still pick the digital version.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Eh, physical for me. Load times don't really bother me much. Hell, I have gotten used to them by now, due to how slow the Wii U is as a console.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I hope it does load very load because its unfair that US get this game before Europe!!!!
Be salty somewhere else please. I get after Europe (I am Australian) so I have it worse than you. Time to live your life for a week without Smash Bros WiiU and be happy. I got over the week longer wait a while ago and you need to do the same.
Why? Europe has gotten tons of games like PIkmin 3 before us, and they are getting a limited edition for MM3D
This is not an NA vs EU pissing contest ok.

Back on topic, for aster load times you lose drive space on your WiiU taken up by the digital version. A choice we all have to make.

Light-bc

Smash Rookie
I unlocked my pre download this morning, and i will tell you, the loading times are extremley fast! I am so glad that i went with digital.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Really think about going digital right now. If I cannot manage to get my hands on the game by thursday, I will just buy it digital and get the Gamecube adapter eventually. I actually really like playing Smash on my 3ds, so I will use that one as the controller. :)

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Digital ftw. I still got 10gb left. Quieter Wii U. Non-reliant on loadtimes and disc reads. Always there when you need it.

Top Bottom