• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Different Button Choices

Nabbit

Smash Rookie
Hello I just wanted to know if there where any different buttons to press to make moves go faster for example for a grapple you hold X and Z at the same time and you will grapple the opponent faster. I also know about L canceling to make the moves speed up but that's about it. Now my other question is when performing Aerial combos are you supposed to use the C stick so that with the normal analog you can judge how quickly you fall as well as performing a quick move. Please give me feed back as well as tips to play as the following characters Fox and Sheik thank you for your time.

Teriko

(・_・ヾ
Not sure if I understood the second question correctly, but I'll do my best to answer it.

Everyone uses their controller a bit differently. Try using both the c-stick and the A button to see what fits you the best when executing different moves.
One benefit of using the C-stick is that you can move in whichever way you want with the control stick while using the c-stick for aerials ( I think this is what you were trying to say ? ). Depends on how you
hold your controller and what you're trying to do. I'd say that using the c-stick is sometimes a must, sometimes a preference. Experiment.

Check the character forums if you want to learn Fox/Sheik, I don't think anyone can give you feedback when they haven't seen you play.

Psycho_Bayleef

Smash Apprentice
Alright yeah you got the just of what i wanted to say so with the c stick it all depends on the character but it is a must for certain situations? @ T Teriko
Some situations, such as using an up-air with SHFFL, basically require c-stick unless you're really good at barely moving the control stick(the stick on the left). Same thing if you want to dair without fastfalling.
C-Stick is also better for SmashDI and ASDI.

Psycho_Bayleef

Smash Apprentice
The only way to grab faster is to dash jump cancel your grabs, there's youtube videos on how to do it if you're not sure what i mean.
I guess we did forget about the first question. Yeah Nabbit if you dash, then press your control stick up and press grab at basically the same time, your grab will be a standing grab. But i don't think it gets any faster than a standing grab.

Last edited:

rpotts

Smash Lord
I guess we did forget about the first question. Yeah Nabbit if you dash, then press your control stick up and press grab at basically the same time, your grab will be a standing grab. But i don't think it gets any faster than a standing grab.
Gross, you JC grab with the stick? Use X/Y instead, easier to do in the middle of dash dancing and wavedashing.

Top Bottom